Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2016 Image Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
dlkawashima
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 23 2016, 07:42 AM) *

Great pic's and thx for attaching names with them. thumb3d.gif What was the final head and car count? And what's the deal with the Wx this year? It's tried to ruin two events thus far. confused24.gif Teener owners are a dedicated group. beerchug.gif

I also want to echo the sentiments of others and say that we had a terrific time. Thank you Jamie for heading up the event and all the other organizers for putting this together.

You really know how to make us "foreigners" from California feel welcome, if only for the weekend! biggrin.gif IPB Image

I don't know the final head count but the Mexican restaurant on Saturday night was overflowing with WCR folks. As far as 914s at the event, there were at least 35 that I saw and possibly a few more locals that were not staying at the hotel.

BTW, the pictures of the cars with their owners is on page 14 of this thread.
JRust
I think it was Steve who told me he counted 39 914's saturday morning before he hit the road back to CA. I didn't get a count for sure but heard numbers ranging from 33 up to the 39. Think we hit 36 at one point friday. Missed some folks who usually make the trip. Had a few new folks who came. Including our 3 generation crew of the Carey's. Mike was the grandpa with his track setup 914. Parker the grandson & I'll leave his dad for last since he was the only one without a 914 poke.gif . Subtle or not so dig to get him to buy one evilgrin.gif . I know Parker is seriously hooked now. He had some serious smiles at the track
wes
Congratulations you guys, sounds like I really missed a great one. Track videos, overhead photography, real track time, a nice scenic drive, BBQ and beer, Trophies and prizes all that with a great bunch of people and their sweet teeners. What no dancing girls?
Rand
QUOTE(wes @ May 23 2016, 09:57 PM) *

Congratulations you guys, sounds like I really missed a great one. Track videos, overhead photography, real track time, a nice scenic drive, BBQ and beer, Trophies and prizes all that with a great bunch of people and their sweet teeners. What no dancing girls?

Dang, Wes, I thought you were supposed to hook us up?
wes
QUOTE(Rand @ May 23 2016, 10:04 PM) *

QUOTE(wes @ May 23 2016, 09:57 PM) *

Dang, Wes, I thought you were supposed to hook us up?

Hell couldn't even hook my own car up for the trip, and it's so close!
Dtjaden
This was an incredible event! Thanks to Jamie and all the others for managing the event. drunk.gif
Rand
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 23 2016, 01:25 AM) *

Rand, what type of aircraft and camera did you employ? ... nice aerial footage thumb3d.gif

DJI Phantom 4. I was intentionally very discreet with it, would have loved to have centered it on the track and caught everything, but it's a controversial thing.
6freak
QUOTE(Rand @ May 24 2016, 12:18 PM) *

Rand, what type of aircraft and camera did you employ? ... nice aerial footage thumb3d.gif

DJI Phantom 4. I was intentionally very discreet with it, would have loved to have centered it on the track and caught everything, but it's a controversial thing.

like chase n cars ,,,,that would been cool
matthepcat

It's legit if you registered it with the FAA. Only $5.
Rand
QUOTE(matthepcat @ May 24 2016, 02:16 PM) *

It's legit if you registered it with the FAA. Only $5.

Did that. fa39c4at37. Marked on the drone. smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rand @ May 24 2016, 03:18 PM) *

I'd love to have you chase me around with that thing! No controversy with me! evilgrin.gif
pacman
Couple photos of my ownClick to view attachment
pacman
pacman
pacman
pacman
Rand
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 24 2016, 04:51 PM) *

I'd love to have you chase me around with that thing! No controversy with me! evilgrin.gif

Happy to oblige some time! It's a cool way to video the memory, and a great way to analyze your lines.
6freak
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 24 2016, 04:51 PM) *

and film smoke ! h lol-2.gif
Bossman

[/quote]

It would have to have a smoke filter...
Rand
QUOTE(Bossman @ May 24 2016, 09:31 PM) *
It would have to have a smoke filter...

Oof. We were all worried about that. Was it just overfill?
ConeDodger
Paid daughters friend to prep car. Clay bar, cleaned, three coats of wax. As a bonus, he checked the oil, tires, etc... Couldn't see oil on the dipstick so he put two quarts in until he could see it. blink.gif it was fine until I got on it.

He didn't know about engine on, warm, level surface... dry.gif

Nice kid though. Car looked great! biggrin.gif

So yes, just overfilled...
cali914
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ May 20 2016, 04:48 PM) *

Our very own marquee

IPB Image

Your car is super clean.
r_towle
No one got a high quality picture of the smoke cloud that we can tease Rob about?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 28 2016, 12:32 AM) *

No one got a high quality picture of the smoke cloud that we can tease Rob about?

No one that's still breathing Rich... evilgrin.gif
dlkawashima
post smoke cloud ... just smoke puffs

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
See any mosquitos? evilgrin.gif
914werke
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ May 21 2016, 12:48 PM) *

All in a days life of a 914

IPB Image

Hey Im just getting around to unpacking & cleaning up from the event this WE screwy.gif
GREAT TIME party.gif good people!
Especially including those that lent me hand on our drive. headbang.gif
I need to return some spares that were provided but Im not sure from whom they came.
I have a pair of Voltage regulators I need to return & Billy I have your little cig. lighter meter. bye1.gif
jim_hoyland
We had a terrific lunch at the Taprock Grill in Grants Pass Saturday; big thanks to Morgan Stein for the ride
Live Event Uploader
Attn: Andrea re: Ashley's

IPB Image

rhodyguy
WTF.gif condom?
SirAndy
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 2 2016, 01:48 PM) *

WTF.gif condom?

Time to turn off the uploader ...
laugh.gif
rhodyguy
HA!
MartyYeoman
. I have a pair of Voltage regulators I need to return & Billy I have your little cig. lighter meter. bye1.gif

One of those regulators came from me. Add it to your parts stash. It may come in handy sometime. No need for a return. Glad to have helped.
Rand
Who was managing that 360fly camera? Was it one of our guys, or the track hosts? It would be really cool to see some of the 360 videos! Are they posted anywhere?
Mikey914
Matt was.
Not sure how many he got I know the battery went dead at some point.
MArk
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.