Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2016 Image Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
SirAndy
Post your WCR 2016 images here or email them to: IPB Image

piratenanner.gif driving.gif cheer.gif beerchug.gif

relentless
I'm going to test whether I can upload pictures directly or not. I wasn't able to on the original WCR thread. Here is the car I am going to bring weather permitting!

Oops

500 - Internal server error.

I still can't post pix. confused24.gif
ConeDodger
As seen on garage security Cam: shined up, under cover, ready load and go Thursday morning! biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(relentless @ May 16 2016, 11:22 AM) *

I'm going to test whether I can upload pictures directly or not. I wasn't able to on the original WCR thread. Here is the car I am going to bring weather permitting!

Oops

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637

Also keep in mind that the images need to be fairly small in filesize, otherwise they will be rejected by the server.

As a general rule, keep them below 1MB if they're JPEG and 2MB if they're PNG.
shades.gif
Live Event Uploader
Ready!

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Garage pic... test....

IPB Image

Andyrew
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 16 2016, 11:32 AM) *

Oops

Also keep in mind that the images need to be fairly small in filesize, otherwise they will be rejected by the server.

shades.gif

So basically just keep your phone set to the smallest resolution it can smile.gif
Live Event Uploader
Test...wcr2010...test

IPB Image

jcd914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 16 2016, 12:08 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 16 2016, 11:32 AM) *

Oops

shades.gif

So basically just keep your phone set to the smallest resolution it can smile.gif

So I just reset my phone from 16MB (5312x2988) pictures to the smallest setting, which is 2.4MB (2024x1152).
So the smallest my phone will set to is still 2.4MB, I wonder if that will work? confused24.gif

Jim

SirAndy
QUOTE(jcd914 @ May 16 2016, 06:02 PM) *
So the smallest my phone will set to is still 2.4MB, I wonder if that will work? confused24.gif

2.4MB should work. Can you reduce the DPI? There's usually also a "quality" settings (besides the width/height). Lowering the DPI will reduce the quality and filesize. Webpages like this forum can't display more than 72dpi (or 96dpi on some hardware). Anything above that is wasted bandwidth.
idea.gif
2mAn
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ May 16 2016, 02:58 PM) *

Test...wcr2010...test

IPB Image

finger.gif happy11.gif
Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
The old Bellis bus with rotary power

IPB Image

jcd914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 16 2016, 06:42 PM) *

2.4MB should work. Can you reduce the DPI? There's usually also a "quality" settings (besides the width/height). Lowering the DPI will reduce the quality and filesize. Webpages like this forum can't display more than 72dpi (or 96dpi on some hardware). Anything above that is wasted bandwidth.
idea.gif

Well if there is a quality or dpi setting they have burred it. As is typical of newer "User Friendly" devices they don't want the user to exercise any control.

When I have a WCR relevant picture I submit it and see what happens.

Jim
TC 914-8
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 16 2016, 11:27 AM) *

As seen on garage security Cam: shined up, under cover, ready load and go Thursday morning! biggrin.gif

I like it !!! My friend uses the nest as a doggie cam
My car is doing the same thing, I'll post a pic next
TC 914-8
Sneak peek
r_towle
QUOTE(jcd914 @ May 16 2016, 11:41 PM) *

idea.gif

Well if there is a quality or dpi setting they have burred it. As is typical of newer "User Friendly" devices they don't want the user to exercise any control.

Jim

What type of phone?
jcd914
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 16 2016, 09:47 PM) *

idea.gif

Jim

What type of phone?

It is a Samsung S5

914werke
What a disaster! sad.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(jcd914 @ May 16 2016, 10:07 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ May 16 2016, 09:47 PM) *

idea.gif

Jim

What type of phone?

It is a Samsung S5

Thats what I have.. top left is a gear when your in the camera which is your settings, then the top left again is your image size. 2.4mb is the smallest and will yeild typically a 700kb-1mb pic. Thats what you see in my build thread so I dont have to resize every picture.
Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

7TPorsh
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ May 16 2016, 07:58 PM) *

IPB Image

looks like my photo posted but not my note...

Anyway you can see I'm jacked at the moment but there in spirit!
JRust
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ May 17 2016, 09:11 AM) *

Anyway you can see I'm jacked at the moment but there in spirit!

It will only post a title I believe. Sorry you won't be making it. You can come in your daily driver biggrin.gif
ben*james
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ May 17 2016, 08:48 AM) *

IPB Image

I guess I'm upside down in my 914?
Saw this on TV last night - a good omen for the trip piratenanner.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ May 17 2016, 09:39 AM) *
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ May 17 2016, 09:11 AM) *
It will only post a title I believe.

agree.gif

It's always been like that, we only post the email title to avoid getting spammed ...
shades.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ben*james @ May 17 2016, 09:41 AM) *

I have some experimental code that detects the rotation of images and auto-corrects them but it's not quite ready yet.
type.gif
montoya 73 2.0
#wcr2016 stirthepot.gif biggrin.gif
ben*james
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 17 2016, 10:32 AM) *

QUOTE(ben*james @ May 17 2016, 09:41 AM) *

I have some experimental code that detects the rotation of images and auto-corrects them but it's not quite ready yet.
type.gif

Either that or I learn to take a picture blink.gif !
2mAn
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ May 17 2016, 11:50 AM) *

#wcr2016 stirthepot.gif biggrin.gif

womens chef & restaurateurs???
aircooledtechguy
All dolled-up for the ball on the hill. . . O.K., I rubbed the big chunks off with water. driving.gif It's about as much a Porsche as most 914s anyway. . .
Click to view attachment
Live Event Uploader
Test

IPB Image

7TPorsh
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ May 17 2016, 03:33 PM) *

Test

IPB Image

oh so that's how the Thing was created blink.gif
TC 914-8
Me and the Teener are loaded
siverson
So many trailers... Is anyone else actually driving their 914 there? (besides me)

-Steve
Live Event Uploader
Name that drink...

IPB Image

Rocky
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ May 17 2016, 08:13 PM) *

Name that drink...

IPB Image

Mexican Mule or Ginger Beer Margarita?

I like the Dark and Stormy with dark rum, but that would be a bad omen for this trip!
drunk.gif
Rocky
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ May 17 2016, 03:18 PM) *

All dolled-up for the ball on the hill. . . O.K., I rubbed the big chunks off with water. driving.gif It's about as much a Porsche as most 914s anyway. . .
Click to view attachment

Bitchen Nate, can't wait to see it! driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(siverson @ May 17 2016, 08:11 PM) *
So many trailers... Is anyone else actually driving their 914 there? (besides me)

I'll be driving ...
driving.gif
Live Event Uploader
Garage clutter ...

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
shake out run tonight

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Captains log - on my way to WCR 2016

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Made it to Gilroy...

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Benicia bridge...

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader

IPB Image

SirAndy
Y'all need to read your damn phone manuals ...
biggrin.gif
Live Event Uploader
Shasta

IPB Image

Live Event Uploader
Backside of Mt Shasta...

IPB Image

Elliot Cannon
OK, keep those pics coming for those of us who can't make it. I miss Amoy already. wub.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 18 2016, 04:50 PM) *
I miss Amoy already. wub.gif

I haven't told her yet, don't want her to be all angry on a 5 hour drive. I mean, more angry than usual.
laugh.gif unsure.gif
Live Event Uploader
Car show

IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.