Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interest in Billet Tuna Group Buy? Brexit sale last days
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
jonesy
Carlos placed an order with me on 7/24/16. I will complete the order and ship out asap.

Thank you very much to you all for your orders beerchug.gif

And a big thanks to Carlos beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
jonesy
QUOTE(majkos @ Jul 26 2016, 08:03 AM) *

I'm in for Two sets!

Just sent you a PM!

If anyone else is coming late to this party then let me know quick and you can take the group buy parts prices but you will just have to pay full shipping price and have parts shipped direct to you.

Cheers,
Neil
euro911
QUOTE(jonesy @ Jul 27 2016, 12:00 AM) *
Carlos placed an order with me on 7/24/16. I will complete the order and ship out asap.

Thank you very much to you all for your orders beerchug.gif

And a big thanks to Carlos beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
... agree.gif
billh1963
Any updates?

Looking forward to my two tunacans, covers, and taco plates.
jonesy
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 11 2016, 10:35 AM) *

Any updates?

Looking forward to my two tunacans, covers, and taco plates.

I'm working on them mate... i'll do them asap but i'll do them right so please allow me some time.
Cheers,
Neil
billh1963
Any new updates? I'm starting to build my 2056 and need those parts soon.
jonesy
They should be ready to send out this coming week.
Sorry for the delay guys. i had a family holiday booked in between getting these done that i didn't take into account.
Thanks for your patience.
Neil
Mr.Nobody
Are these shipping out? Motor is built and breaking it in now. Would like to install when I change the oil.
billh1963
Any chance these will ship soon?
cgnj
Hi,

I have pinged Neil regarding a delivery date. I will update here as soon as I hear from him.

For the people that have escalated their pay pal to dispute, I am returning your money tonight. Anyone else want to bail, please do so. I will eat them all if I have to.

I will never do anything like this again. I have been on this forum since before the 914club breakup. If anyone ever contemplates a group buy, I have advice that on how I would do it differently.

I cannot express how offended I am that someone would think that would take advantage of them.

I am at risk for the whole cost of this group buy. If Neil falls thru, I eat it. He came through on the last group buy. Let's face it, it is a low demand specialty product that he makes on order.

I guess I should have told my 85 year mother I couldn't come down to Fla to take care of her during her medical emergency.

Anyone else want to bail, dispute through pay-pal.

Carlos
QUOTE(cgnj @ Sep 8 2016, 09:14 PM) *

Hi,

For the people that have escalated their pay pal to dispute, I am returning your money tonight. Anyone else want to bail, please do so. I will eat them all if I have to.

I will never do anything like this again. I have been on this forum since before the 914club breakup. If anyone ever contemplates a group buy, I have advice that on how I would do it differently.

I cannot express how offended I am that someone would think that would take advantage of them.

I am at risk for the whole cost of this group buy. If Neil falls thru, I eat it. He came through on the last group buy. Let's face.

Carlos

Sorry to hear of your concerns. I was in on the initial GB on this Tuna Can.

As for those that have initiated a disput via PayPal because they can't wait or think you've taken advantage of them for say $65.00 and can't stand loosing that amount. They simply should get another hobby...but that's just my opinion.
The forum participation have " evolve " . Some might say they trust everyone, but in reality...I don't think so.
Good luck finalizing this GB.
Just my .02....and no I have no skin with this GB...and yes, I've been here since the break up of the original club
euro911
QUOTE(cgnj @ Sep 8 2016, 09:14 PM) *
Hi,

I have pinged Neil regarding a delivery date. I will update here as soon as I hear from him.

I am at risk for the whole cost of this group buy. If Neil falls thru, I eat it. He came through on the last group buy. Let's face it, it is a low demand specialty product that he makes on order.

I guess I should have told my 85 year mother I couldn't come down to Fla to take care of her during her medical emergency.

Carlos
Carlos, I don't envision disputing my payment and will allow Neil to fulfill this current GB order as he agreed to.

It took a while for the delivery of the initial [Tuna/Taco] GB that Chris (CFR) and I conducted a couple years ago, but Neil fulfilled his end of the deal just fine then.

Everybody who opted-in for this GB should stay the course ... no way Carlos should be taking a hit on this mad.gif

jonesy
I agree completely. No way Carlos should lose out here guys, he has helped you all out getting a bulk order together to save you money.

This order WILL be completed and shipped out. Have no concerns there. Thats the only way i work. i do apologise for any delays, i'm a one man band and life often puts hurdles in the way. We have to take them in our stride.

Please consider Carlos here and put a little faith back into a man's word.

Cheers,
Neil
914-300Hemi
Staying the course and hope your is doing better.
Appreciate you doing this.
BillC
If anyone does drop out, I'll take their set (all three pieces). Send me a PM with payment and availability details.

Thanks!
eric9144
I'm surprised and sorry to hear that people are bailing out and disputing PayPal Carlos. Its a group buy, from the UK, one man show, awesome product...

People, have some damn patience or don't jump in on this kind of thing! slap.gif
ajbuchok
If you get stuck holding an extra tuna can, I'll take it. Just PM me. I think most people understood this was a made to order part and it would take time. Shame people have made you feel this way. I for one appreciate your efforts.
housepumpinpc
Sorry to hear that Carlos... Everybody assumes a risk on a group buy. Especially the facillitator and the guy making it. If you read my post these HIGH QUALITY PARTS take time to make, it has to pass customs, then Carlos has to send them out to us. Don't let them steal your joy.
kid914
Stupid newbie question.......what is this for what does it do??
Thanks blink.gif
housepumpinpc
QUOTE(kid914 @ Sep 12 2016, 02:44 PM) *

Stupid newbie question.......what is this for what does it do??
Thanks blink.gif

You got more time than me...not stupid. It adds about 1/2 quarts of oil to your engine. The cover replaces the oil sump cover and the taco plate(or oil sender switch cover) is exactly that. All made from aluminum.
kid914
Thank you sir! beerchug.gif
I might be in for one .... first.gif
euro911
The main purpose is to have a small vessel of oil at a lower pick up point rather than relying on the pick up point at the bottom of the engine case, thereby providing constant source to the oil pump. This helps to eliminate cavatation during hard cornering.
Harpo
Mine arrived today
euro911
Cool, David.

Those who dropped out lost out confused24.gif

EDIT 9/13/16 3:25am:

How did you get yours before Neil shipped them, David?
jonesy
The Group Buy parcel will be with UPS tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience and of course for your orders.

Cheers,
Neil
euro911
Thanks for the update, Neil beerchug.gif
cgnj
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 12 2016, 06:39 PM) *

Cool, David.

Hi, I know but don't feel free to say. Nothing nefarious.
David will have to speak up.
jonesy
QUOTE(cgnj @ Sep 13 2016, 05:41 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 12 2016, 06:39 PM) *

Cool, David.

Hi, I know but don't feel free to say. Nothing nefarious.
David will have to speak up.

David placed a separate order outside of the group buy and paid full price for the part and shipping. It was for 1 part only and had no impact on the group buy.
sb914
Carlos ,I didn't get in on this, but if you have left-overs from the people who bailed, I'll step up,I may not use it but I'll take one anyways.
housepumpinpc
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 12 2016, 06:05 PM) *

The main purpose is to have a small vessel of oil at a lower pick up point rather than relying on the pick up point at the bottom of the engine case, thereby providing constant source to the oil pump. This helps to eliminate cavatation during hard cornering.

Yep... That too!
dtkennedy930
I'm grateful. Coordinating group buys is pretty damn thankless, unfortunately. That being shared, proactive communication, especially when delays are anticipated, help maintain critical trust / confidence.
billh1963
QUOTE(sb914 @ Sep 13 2016, 10:01 AM) *

Carlos ,I didn't get in on this, but if you have left-overs from the dickwads who bailed, I'll step up,I may not use it but I'll take one anyways.

Before you start calling names, a nice healthy dose of STFU might be in order while you hear the other side of the story.

As someone who wanted two of everything (to the tune of $290.16) I placed my order like everyone else and paid on June 27. Look back at this thread to see the updates.

On 8/25 I ask for an update. User activity (which, I assume, can be easily verified by Andy) showed that Carlos had not been on the forums since 8/16.

On 8/27 (with no one responding) I start a claim with paypal as follows:

8/27/2016 13:07 EDT - Buyer: Hi,Do you have an estimated delivery time on the parts? It has now been two months. If the parts are no longer available please refund my money.Bill

On 8/27 jonesy says they will ship next week.
On 9/5 another buyer asks for a status. I ask on 9/6.

At this point (IIRC) Carlos had still not been on the forum since 8/16. Having been down this road before, I'm getting the feeling this isn't going to end well.

On 9/6 (with no response) I file the following in paypal:

9/6/2016 16:03 EDT - Buyer: I have not received the parts I ordered nor have I had a response from the seller. Please refund my money.Thank you

Carlos finally posts on 9/9.

So, did I renege on the deal? No. I paid for the parts and waited for them. However, a lack of communication made me nervous. I am not blaming Carlos or anyone else..it is what it is. I will gladly accept the parts I originally ordered. However, if the sellers want to sell to someone else I understand.

I appreciate all those who were not involved proferring an opinion on the safety of my money dry.gif

Why did I post this? So name callers with no skin in the game might exercise some restraint before they start their name calling.

jonesy
That's fair enough and understandable from my point of view.

I hope there's no hard feelings for anyone on this.

The group buy was aimed to help people save money. i hope people don't fall out in doing so, as that would be a shame.

Neil

billh1963
QUOTE(jonesy @ Sep 13 2016, 03:26 PM) *

That's fair enough and understandable from my point of view.

I hope there's no hard feelings for anyone on this.

The group buy was aimed to help people save money. i hope people don't fall out in doing so, as that would be a shame.

Neil

I don't think there's any hard feelings at all.... except from a few who had no initial interest in the buy but now want to buy the leftovers while calling the people who initially fronted the money names. dry.gif

As I said, I'm still happy to buy my original order (which was two of everything). If you guys would rather sell to someone else I'm good with that...either way.

We're just talking car parts...not life or death driving.gif
Harpo
I needed a custom part and didn't want to complicate the group order. The only reason I posted was to let you know that you would be receiving your parts soon

David
cgnj
Hi,
Expect to ship these on Monday 9/26
Click to view attachment
euro911
chowtime.gif
Bulldog9
Looking forward to it!
cgnj
This is my last post here. I need to let this thread die.
If you paid me, I emailed you from payments that I received from PayPal. Please respond via email. I am attaching a photo here.

Thanks to all who put up with me.
Mr.Nobody
Put up with??? No way man, you helped us out!!

Email responded to.

Thanks again for putting up with us!!
euro911
Carlos - Thanks for the update, and thanks for suffering through all of the GB turmoil ... beerchug.gif
wayner
If there are any leftovers I'll take a set
PotterPorsche
So after placing my order on June 27 the and not heRing anything for the last 30 days I had to request a refund. Now 2 days after receiving my refund the items arrive .
I'm more than welcome to reissue as I waited so long.

rmdinmd
got mine today piratenanner.gif very nice work.
thanks carlos beer.gif
euro911
Mine arrived too smile.gif

Thanks again, Carlos ... and Neil beerchug.gif
914-300Hemi
Mine came in today. piratenanner.gif

Thank you very much Carlos.
Bulldog9
And then there are retards like me who send paypal of 96.66........... Gotta lay off the bourbon............ But when you work 14-16 hour days 6-7 days a week sometimes, it happens. My $2 is in route Carlos, looking forward to this!
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(Steve Pratel @ Oct 6 2016, 11:32 PM) *

And then there are retards like me who send paypal of 96.66........... Gotta lay off the bourbon............ But when you work 14-16 hour days 6-7 days a week sometimes, it happens. My $2 is in route Carlos, looking forward to this!

I did that twice when I was filing my US citizen paperwork. I understand the first time but the second time I was still short $.50 headbang.gif and they would process till 100% payment was received. Of course I blame it on the alcohol also beer3.gif
jonesy
Hello again to you all.

Hopefully you now all have the parts you wanted. Again, thanks Carlos.

It's completely off topic for both these parts and for 914's but its the background that brought me to this point today so i'm celebrating my business with some t-shirts.

I've put up an advert for them, hopefully in the correct section.

If you'd like to take a look and order a t-shirt from me then it would be a real pleasure to know that some of these shirts are being worn over the pond.

Heres the advert;
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=300087

Thanks again to you all for your orders in the past and if i can help again in the future please just let me know.

Neil
stugray
Any more of those billet taco plates?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.