Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB- 914-6 plastic steering wheel cover at dash correct for 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
jkb944t
I am in for this and the clam shells! smilie_pokal.gif piratenanner.gif

Jeff B
jmz
I have a real six race car that's missing these pieces. I'm in as I want the car to more or less look period correct...
Mikey914
QUOTE(Biggles @ Jun 19 2016, 12:33 AM) *

Mark

What are the 'bases' you refer to?

Chris

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 18 2016, 08:59 PM) *

McMark is sending the clamshels. I still need the bases to cast them.

Yes the ignition surround I can do, again a sample helps, but will both need for more than 6 weeks.
Mark

These
gcrotvik
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 18 2016, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 26 2016, 12:11 PM) *

Restoration design is in the process of making the metal ignition dash piece.

laugh.gif I made Pete do that. Gave him a deal on an FI system to give him some motivation. Sent the sample I cast off a real six dash.

Thanks for doing this! Any idea when we will see these available?
Mikey914
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jun 20 2016, 07:52 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 18 2016, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 26 2016, 12:11 PM) *

Restoration design is in the process of making the metal ignition dash piece.

laugh.gif I made Pete do that. Gave him a deal on an FI system to give him some motivation. Sent the sample I cast off a real six dash.

Thanks for doing this! Any idea when we will see these available?

I'll have a better idea once I have these in hand. But the small parts about 4 weeks and the large may be 6 weeks because of the imbedded metal.
But these are from the thim I get the parts.
Mark
altitude411
Click to view attachment
NeunEinVier
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 17 2016, 04:41 PM) *
there is certainly a ( large ) market for the 911 version as well.

Looks like Stoddard already has 'em.
http://www.stoddard.com/90161331101-sic.html
http://www.stoddard.com/90161331201-sic.html
Mikey914
Those are the 911 version. The 914/6 is different.
Mikey914
Note the cut out on the clam shell.
Mikey914
Little disappointing to see this
Mikey914
Almost think I'll make these to for fun!
SixerJ
Damn you have good eyes. When I followed that stoddard link and all I thought was they actually look more than ok in comparison to say the AA version of the -6 ones and bugger that is a corner of the market which been already, err, cornered
SixerJ
I know that a lot is going on with the GBs etc, and awaiting bits to come in, any progress?
Mikey914
Still awaiting samples.
McMark
pinch.gif Going out today.
tweet
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 17 2016, 12:04 PM) *

Hey Mark
Here's one add to your run of 914 6 parts.
The ignition switch escutcheon.
It is a 6 only part. It has fine internal threads that attach it to the ign. switch/lock assy.
NLA , AFAIK
Rory

I would buy these if Mark made them for my lock customers.
Mikey914
Got the part started drawings
On another old topic, how's the 1.8 engine boot / nozzle project that you started last November coming along?
Sorry if my description of that part is incorrect, but I'm sure you know what I'm referring to.
Thanks
Larmo63
Did the /6 have the fog light switch on the right side of the wheel?

I forget.

I'd be in for a set or two of all these parts.
smj
I'm up for a pair of clamshells and two sets of the eyebrows, when the time comes.
Mikey914
QUOTE(396 @ Jul 27 2016, 07:15 PM) *

On another old topic, how's the 1.8 engine boot / nozzle project that you started last November coming along?
Sorry if my description of that part is incorrect, but I'm sure you know what I'm referring to.
Thanks

Have drawings, but have not pulled the trigger on tooling yet as it's actually more expensive than many other tools due to the way the mold has to be made.
sbsix
914-6 fog light switch is to the left of the ignition & steering column
cal914
I'll have 2 pairs
Biggles
Hi Mark

How are the clam shells progressing?

Chris
gcrotvik
I'm in for 2 sets of all, regardless of the final price.
mepstein
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Oct 2 2016, 01:27 PM) *

I'm in for 2 sets of all, regardless of the final price.

Same here.
Mikey914
About 2-3 week we will have the tool ready to test and then production pending acceptable parts
Biggles
Great, looking forward to it. Seems like plenty of interest in these

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 2 2016, 11:23 PM) *

About 2-3 week we will have the tool ready to test and then production pending acceptable parts

jmz
I'm interested.
Mikey914
Getting back on this. I gust completed the drawings for something many of us need and will be doing a Black friday sale on these at a price that will blow you away.

Sorry to get side tracked, but needed to pay some bills too. The other new part will be HUGE.

jim_hoyland
Got a question: Can the clamshells be used on a late model steering column when the lock housing has been moved to the dash ( like the sixnotfour kit ).

Add me to the list please. smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 26 2016, 11:45 AM) *

Getting back on this. I gust completed the drawings for something many of us need and will be doing a Black friday sale on these at a price that will blow you away.

Sorry to get side tracked, but needed to pay some bills too. The other new part will be HUGE.

How much $ do I need to set aside.
Mikey914
The project I just finished was a huge undertaking. Our Black friday one day only sale will be 70% off - one day only!

the clam shells we will start cutting metal on in about a week, so these are roughly 5 weeks out.
cal914
I would like one of these if its not to late,how and when do i pay
Thanks Brian
Mikey914
No not too late, Once I have the tool complete I will open up the GB. You just bumped the thread so I will contact you when ready.
Thanks,
mark
McMark
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 26 2016, 01:52 PM) *

Got a question: Can the clamshells be used on a late model steering column when the lock housing has been moved to the dash ( like the sixnotfour kit ).

Add me to the list please. smile.gif

Nope. The clamshells and turn/wiper switches all mount to arms on either side of the column, which aren't present on any 914-4 column.
914six
put me down for one..

Thanks,
Harry
SixerJ
Clamshells are clearly like buses, you wait for 3 1/2 years for a pair and then they all arrive together

Ok, well within weeks of one another, so in 914 Restoration or Geological time (same thing) that counts as together

This lot arrived in the post today piratenanner.gif

I'm still in icon_bump.gif

Click to view attachment
Biggles
Good work finding those Jon!

QUOTE(SixerJ @ Oct 28 2016, 06:13 PM) *

Clamshells are clearly like buses, you wait for 3 1/2 years for a pair and then they all arrive together

Ok, well within weeks of one another, so in 914 Restoration or Geological time (same thing) that counts as together

This lot arrived in the post today piratenanner.gif

I'm still in icon_bump.gif

Click to view attachment

Mikey914
In the homestretch, working on the decals now to include too.
jkb944t
Looking forward to getting these since this will be a great winter project! piratenanner.gif

Jeff B
jmill
Whoa! How did I miss this? Are these 6 clamshells?
Mikey914
Yes specific to the 6 not 911.
mb911
Well I will probably be in for a set as Mark E is helping on allot of the other parts for the conversion.
jmz
Little bump here...

I want in on the clamshells.

Also, hope I'm not hijacking here... My car is an orignal six but the clamshells, wipers arm and turn signal stalk were removed along time ago (race car).

My plans are to take it back in appearance to a factory prepped GT.

Anyone know which if any 911 turn signal / wiper arms will work and look right since the 914/6 ones are really hard to find?

Everyone likes pics so here are a couple of picsClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Mark Henry
Does someone have a linky on how the whole /6 column and switch project goes together and a parts list?

Debating whether or not I should do this on my conversion. idea.gif
Mikey914
I know McMark was working in the conversion so it may be on another thread here.
jmill
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 16 2016, 11:14 AM) *

Does someone have a linky on how the whole /6 column and switch project goes together and a parts list?

Debating whether or not I should do this on my conversion. idea.gif

I'm with you Mark. If all the pieces can be had at reasonable prices, I'm in for my conversion.
Larmo63
Good luck on finding all of the original parts. They are not cheap either.

(bump)
Mikey914
Molds will be tested in the next week. More pics to follow soon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.