Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replica Fuchs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jun 22 2016, 06:14 PM) *
... the repro I showed was fairly new if my info was correct, so it should not have cracked like a decades old wheel ...

Good point!

Quality varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. If someone were to start looking for replica wheels, it would be a really good idea to research the makers before plunking down any cash.

But also recognize that the old OEM wheels, while good quality, have probably seen a whole lot of use.

--DD
2mAn
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 24 2016, 02:37 PM) *

Quality varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. If someone were to start looking for replica wheels, it would be a really good idea to research the makers before plunking down any cash.

--DD

and we've come full circle!... this was kinda the whole point of this thread beerchug.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(2mAn @ Jun 24 2016, 07:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 24 2016, 02:37 PM) *

--DD

and we've come full circle!... this was kinda the whole point of this thread beerchug.gif

Yes and no....you asked about replica wheels as a whole, when in fact they need to be compared one on one, brand by brand.

One could assume based on price that the more expensive the better which so far in the case does seem true to a point (A $159 2.0 Fuchs isn't going to be better than a $99 2.0 Fuchs I'd say, just different profit margin, good chance same exact manufacture)

When you find the wheel you want, you ask for that brand if known (like Braid or Group 4 or Empi)
jmitro
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 24 2016, 04:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jun 22 2016, 06:14 PM) *
... the repro I showed was fairly new if my info was correct, so it should not have cracked like a decades old wheel ...

Good point!

But also recognize that the old OEM wheels, while good quality, have probably seen a whole lot of use.

--DD

agree with that. beerchug.gif

problem is, for a layman without any knowledge of metallurgy or manufacturing techniques, there's not a lot of easily accessible scientific data to guide one's decision.

Me? for a daily driver I'll take my chance with replicas. On the track...I'd want good reputable wheels
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.