Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Jury Duty????!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Andy
The only time Ive been called up for jury duty I was a student and was dismissed because of it.

Several years back my Mom had to go through the whole interview process, during which they asked her; "Do you have a nickname or another name you'd like to be called?" Being a wiseass (I can only promise she wasn't trying to get dismissed) she answered "I've always been partial to 'Your Highness'" - they were less than amused and dismissed her. Worse yet, nobody laughed!
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Apr 12 2005, 04:03 PM)
6 bucks a day here. Ya gotta park in a special lot that cost 8 bucks a day wacko.gif

yea, there's that too... they give you a $2 parking pass, but the lot that would be free with it has only like 10 spots... dry.gif they give you a free train pass though, so you can ride the DART bus/train system... and next time, you'l be a witness or victim... but you won't be on jury duty...

Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Apr 12 2005, 01:03 PM)
6 bucks a day here. Ya gotta park in a special lot that cost 8 bucks a day wacko.gif

LOL!!! That sucks!!! We get paid at my job for going, but at a reduced rate. I don't know what we get paid for the duty itself...I'm sure it's the same as what Jenny said since we're in the same area.
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Apr 12 2005, 02:00 PM)
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Apr 12 2005, 04:03 PM)

yea, there's that too... they give you a $2 parking pass, but the lot that would be free with it has only like 10 spots... dry.gif they give you a free train pass though, so you can ride the DART bus/train system... and next time, you'l be a witness or victim... but you won't be on jury duty...

Too funny. Yea, I would be afraid to ride the bus here...but I have rode the train and it can get interesting.
SLITS
My line to get out...."If he's/she's/it's here, they're automatically guilty".

Or you can ask to see the judge during lunch break and inform him that the game of mental masturbation the lawyers are playing to stack the jury in their favor is costing you money. That one worked really well!
ClayPerrine
Simplist way to get out of jury duty....

Go buy a hardback copy of Tom Clancy's "Without Remorse" Leave the dust jacket on, and make sure the defense attorney can see it. Once he sees that book, you will be eliminated for sure. biggrin.gif

SLITS
Wear a white hood to jury selection!
Joe Bob
Depends on the "hood Joe Bob.....someplaces that will get ya shot.

Best to wear dark glasses and a grey hooded sweatshirt ala the UniBomber.... cool_shades.gif
Katmanken
I've been called twice...

First one they settled before the jury was selected.

The second one was really different. I went in and there was 120 prospective jurors. They handed me this 35 page book to fill out. Lotsa questions on the death penalty, would you feel bad about executing someone, can you comprehend insanity, etc,

I made it into the process as number 57. Found out this case was about a murderer who was in the pen, received a new roomate, and they found the new roomate dead the next morning. Seems the new murdered guy was a child molester that held a 6 year old girl in his attic for a week.

The murder listened to the molester brag about the little girl. Then he told the molester "I've got a great idea to get you out of my cell and into your own cell." "I'll tie you up and tell them I'm holding you hostage." The molester went along with it and then the murder did to the molester what the molester did to the 6 year old girl. He died in the process.

I was gonna give him a medal, but they stopped selection 2 jurors in front of me.....

Who would you like on your jury?

Go do your duty dude!

Ken
scotty b
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Apr 11 2005, 07:16 PM)
Tell them you cut up the special order pink car to fix your common red car. They'll realize your not too bright and send you packing.

agree.gif w00t.gif chairfall.gif monkeydance.gif laugh.gif

Tell them you killed Miles!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.