Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a member, can't remember the name ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SirAndy
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Aug 26 2016, 03:36 PM) *

Hey Guys,

First off, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Yes, I did combine two cars and yes I was discrete about it because I was told when I went to licenses it that the CHP was going to crush it after 2 1/2 years of rust work!!! I was terrified. Not of going to jail but because I was afraid my dream car was going to get destroyed and I'd never get to use it. Thank you SirAndy for pointing out that I never intended to sell it! I didn't sell it because I wanted to, I honestly didn't even need them money!! I sold it because my friend did! We split the money and when I gave that friend half I went to Las Vegas with the other half and blew it all because I wanted that car since I was 14 years old and bought my first 1975 914 2.0 (WITH PAPERROUTE MONEY)! At the time I felt like my life was over (2014)!! In the end my friend felt so bad she gave me her half back but it was too late! So, yes I built a 1971 914-6 back from the dead (hence the zombie 914-6 nomenclature and insiders all new this) and yes I sold it for 36k but I also had it advertised for 75k and took it down! I honestly got more calls on it then and I don't care that I could have sold it for 75 and I really feel bad that the new owner didn't fully get 914's!! I didn't want to sell it (I'll yell it from the mountain tops!).

All that being said, if I could find the new owner and I could buy it back I would for the exact same amount! I bought it because I wouldn't take a 911T engine from a 914-6, especially a '71, I would ONLY do it to a junked 914-6 which was what I did. Sue me, jail me, hang me from my neck until dead, but I would have done it ALL again, but I did my best to sell it honestly without getting it crushed!!! I truly would't have sold it, though, since I got the money back and bought a piece of junk car which I promptly returned after using for a few miles because it was too expensive and I couldn't trade it for another porsche because the porsche seller quickly found out it was in a wreck. I still owe on that wrecked (it was showing an insurance payout on the carfaxand from before I bought it and I got it at a non-porsche factory dealership as a certified pre-owned (non porsche). Not that the car looked or drove wrecked but still THAT wasn't cool, it became impossible to sell after that and my rule is never to buy a car you can't sell for at least what you pay and to sell a car that was my dream to own since I was old enough to drive and was the apex of my first car in HS; no money was enough tbh! 20k in fact I still owe. If I hadn't sold the 914 I wouldn't owe that 20k! Holy cow, but people warned me not to restore that car...which I did anyway since I love 914's and people remember things like this, obviously! Which is why I posted pics and told the story when I finished it just in case I ever did have to sell it (can anyone remember me asking if it was possible to change that last vin? if so, you know what I chose). So people wouldn't do what some are calling for jail for. Yes, people do awful things for profit but I'm happy to say I'm not one of them! If I am, jail me, I didn't mean to be, that's honest! I simply built a car that I couldn't afford any other way...it cost me about 36k to build and exactly one good friendship which is the biggest crime. I miss my car and my friend very much.

Once I sold a 914 conversion with a 3.2 and the new owner wanted me to reseal the engine about a year or so later (maybe even six months). I told him no and that was because I had let the Porsche dealership inspect it for like 2 days and he asked for new seat belts, which it promptly installed myself! In fact! I wish I could have installed George's awesome retractible seat belts like I had in the Zombie! Those made me feel safer as did Eric's rebuilt (excuse me, restored) 911 Carrera brakes! yes, I learned and yes my cars have never ever been perfect (or safe, buy a saturn if you want that) but they are very fun! 914's have never been anything to me but fun! I make money sometimes (probably not much if any) but I enjoy them for what they are! Reliable and fast. I am 40 guys, not a kid, not a price gouger, but I am passionate about my hobbies and man I am lucky to have them.

I don't want money but unfortunately these cars are sometimes expensive. The great thing is I generally break even and that is truly economical! The reason I hardly ever post is because of how catty some of you are (human beings like to gossip) and yes, I like to do my stuff in peace. I don't enjoy talking about Porsches or wearing Porsche apparel and if you care to know more about me I am currently sitting in my black 996 turbo on my way up north on hwy 101 along the pacific coast! My life is great one moment and hard the next but truly Porsche's have been my joy! I like to tinker with them and each time I do something with them I learn more about life which is a win win! Kind of like when you sell a porsche and break even! Win win!

If you want to throw me in jail go ahead! I would love to die for my cause and that would be a fitting end of my life! How great to show the world how car guys die. Not in a car accident after all (like my younger days I was warned) but to rot in jail because non car guys don't know how to tell the difference between a factory 6 and 4 and why should they be even worth any different? They're both wonderful and I enjoy and restore both! I honestly didn't even change all of the vin's. When the new owner asked me about the wheel well I told him that I used a 1971 chassis and he got that vin too since the seller of the original six sold that to me. I don't mind, he didn't complain, not to me. If he wanted to end it right then and there he could have but nope. So, I will make this offer once. If whoever had the car still wants 36,000 for it and it's been well cared for I will buy it back. I will work it for it and I will even pay that much if it's not been serviced, however, if it's been destroyed in anyway I will be pissed! The last two cars (914's that is) I sold have been changed too much and I never wanted them back. The Zombie needed to be serviced and it needed a few cosmetic things and that's it (to my knowledge if anything else I'll take care of that too, obviously, but not anything like new paint or changed body). The transmission had just been completely gone through. Other than the engine having some miles on it it ran great and the brakes were still wonderful (thanks Eric).

I'll answer anymore questions if you'd like on here and my offer is true! I honestly just told my girlfriend about 2 weeks ago that I thought it may be up for sale soon and if so I want to buy it back...seriously I just today found this thread since a friend tipped me off.

Okay...I'm not even going to proof read this because my girl is getting bored and is falling asleep at this gas station/hardwarestore parking lot! lol. Yes, it's a real 914-6, all the parts will tell you that the INTRINSIC value was priced as such and they are rare parts to be sure, but the chassis is from the same year 1.7 liter. I removed the dash and as much of the non important parts as possible as a learning experiment. It's like saying Ghostbusters and Want a New Drug are the same songs or that one copied the other...no, different songs but similar engineering. They probably reverse engineered the same song at the same time. lol. Okay...I'm not defending my work, it's not the best, I'm just telling you what happened and offering to buy it back at the same price. That's more than fair, that's a win/win/win! But if I need to spend some time in jail for being a putts, so be it!!!

Good day!

PS. 914's are all VW's anyway ;-) (irony)

I said GOOD DAY!!!

popcorn[1].gif
billh1963
Believe this to be the same guy...

SoCal Stuttgart - Yelp

Facebook...with pictures of the car in question
rgalla9146
So you have, or had a 930, a 996 Turbo and a Cayenne turbo.
When you bought them did you check the identification of each one ?
If you found some issue with any of the VIN items on any of those cars would you have
gone forward with the purchase ?
If the seller convinced you he was an avid Porsche fan (selling his dream car !) you would have ignored a tampered VIN and paid him anyway ?
mepstein
Face it, he's the same lying scumbag now as he was 5 years ago when I asked him if the gold car was the same car as the silver car. Guys like him will make up any story to justify their actions, usually many stories, and they don't care what laws they break. It's all about them.
914_teener
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Aug 26 2016, 03:36 PM) *

Hey Guys,

First off, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Yes, I did combine two cars and yes I was discrete about it because I was told when I went to licenses it that the CHP was going to crush it after 2 1/2 years of rust work!!! I was terrified. Not of going to jail but because I was afraid my dream car was going to get destroyed and I'd never get to use it. Thank you SirAndy for pointing out that I never intended to sell it! I didn't sell it because I wanted to, I honestly didn't even need them money!! I sold it because my friend did! We split the money and when I gave that friend half I went to Las Vegas with the other half and blew it all because I wanted that car since I was 14 years old and bought my first 1975 914 2.0 (WITH PAPERROUTE MONEY)! At the time I felt like my life was over (2014)!! In the end my friend felt so bad she gave me her half back but it was too late! So, yes I built a 1971 914-6 back from the dead (hence the zombie 914-6 nomenclature and insiders all new this) and yes I sold it for 36k but I also had it advertised for 75k and took it down! I honestly got more calls on it then and I don't care that I could have sold it for 75 and I really feel bad that the new owner didn't fully get 914's!! I didn't want to sell it (I'll yell it from the mountain tops!).

All that being said, if I could find the new owner and I could buy it back I would for the exact same amount! I bought it because I wouldn't take a 911T engine from a 914-6, especially a '71, I would ONLY do it to a junked 914-6 which was what I did. Sue me, jail me, hang me from my neck until dead, but I would have done it ALL again, but I did my best to sell it honestly without getting it crushed!!! I truly would't have sold it, though, since I got the money back and bought a piece of junk car which I promptly returned after using for a few miles because it was too expensive and I couldn't trade it for another porsche because the porsche seller quickly found out it was in a wreck. I still owe on that wrecked (it was showing an insurance payout on the carfaxand from before I bought it and I got it at a non-porsche factory dealership as a certified pre-owned (non porsche). Not that the car looked or drove wrecked but still THAT wasn't cool, it became impossible to sell after that and my rule is never to buy a car you can't sell for at least what you pay and to sell a car that was my dream to own since I was old enough to drive and was the apex of my first car in HS; no money was enough tbh! 20k in fact I still owe. If I hadn't sold the 914 I wouldn't owe that 20k! Holy cow, but people warned me not to restore that car...which I did anyway since I love 914's and people remember things like this, obviously! Which is why I posted pics and told the story when I finished it just in case I ever did have to sell it (can anyone remember me asking if it was possible to change that last vin? if so, you know what I chose). So people wouldn't do what some are calling for jail for. Yes, people do awful things for profit but I'm happy to say I'm not one of them! If I am, jail me, I didn't mean to be, that's honest! I simply built a car that I couldn't afford any other way...it cost me about 36k to build and exactly one good friendship which is the biggest crime. I miss my car and my friend very much.

Once I sold a 914 conversion with a 3.2 and the new owner wanted me to reseal the engine about a year or so later (maybe even six months). I told him no and that was because I had let the Porsche dealership inspect it for like 2 days and he asked for new seat belts, which it promptly installed myself! In fact! I wish I could have installed George's awesome retractible seat belts like I had in the Zombie! Those made me feel safer as did Eric's rebuilt (excuse me, restored) 911 Carrera brakes! yes, I learned and yes my cars have never ever been perfect (or safe, buy a saturn if you want that) but they are very fun! 914's have never been anything to me but fun! I make money sometimes (probably not much if any) but I enjoy them for what they are! Reliable and fast. I am 40 guys, not a kid, not a price gouger, but I am passionate about my hobbies and man I am lucky to have them.

I don't want money but unfortunately these cars are sometimes expensive. The great thing is I generally break even and that is truly economical! The reason I hardly ever post is because of how catty some of you are (human beings like to gossip) and yes, I like to do my stuff in peace. I don't enjoy talking about Porsches or wearing Porsche apparel and if you care to know more about me I am currently sitting in my black 996 turbo on my way up north on hwy 101 along the pacific coast! My life is great one moment and hard the next but truly Porsche's have been my joy! I like to tinker with them and each time I do something with them I learn more about life which is a win win! Kind of like when you sell a porsche and break even! Win win!

If you want to throw me in jail go ahead! I would love to die for my cause and that would be a fitting end of my life! How great to show the world how car guys die. Not in a car accident after all (like my younger days I was warned) but to rot in jail because non car guys don't know how to tell the difference between a factory 6 and 4 and why should they be even worth any different? They're both wonderful and I enjoy and restore both! I honestly didn't even change all of the vin's. When the new owner asked me about the wheel well I told him that I used a 1971 chassis and he got that vin too since the seller of the original six sold that to me. I don't mind, he didn't complain, not to me. If he wanted to end it right then and there he could have but nope. So, I will make this offer once. If whoever had the car still wants 36,000 for it and it's been well cared for I will buy it back. I will work it for it and I will even pay that much if it's not been serviced, however, if it's been destroyed in anyway I will be pissed! The last two cars (914's that is) I sold have been changed too much and I never wanted them back. The Zombie needed to be serviced and it needed a few cosmetic things and that's it (to my knowledge if anything else I'll take care of that too, obviously, but not anything like new paint or changed body). The transmission had just been completely gone through. Other than the engine having some miles on it it ran great and the brakes were still wonderful (thanks Eric).

I'll answer anymore questions if you'd like on here and my offer is true! I honestly just told my girlfriend about 2 weeks ago that I thought it may be up for sale soon and if so I want to buy it back...seriously I just today found this thread since a friend tipped me off.

Okay...I'm not even going to proof read this because my girl is getting bored and is falling asleep at this gas station/hardwarestore parking lot! lol. Yes, it's a real 914-6, all the parts will tell you that the INTRINSIC value was priced as such and they are rare parts to be sure, but the chassis is from the same year 1.7 liter. I removed the dash and as much of the non important parts as possible as a learning experiment. It's like saying Ghostbusters and Want a New Drug are the same songs or that one copied the other...no, different songs but similar engineering. They probably reverse engineered the same song at the same time. lol. Okay...I'm not defending my work, it's not the best, I'm just telling you what happened and offering to buy it back at the same price. That's more than fair, that's a win/win/win! But if I need to spend some time in jail for being a putts, so be it!!!

Good day!

PS. 914's are all VW's anyway ;-) (irony)

I said GOOD DAY!!!

Moral realativisim......if true and you are the seller.

That's pure BS and wrong. Don.t care if you own 100 cars. You wiil be judged in the end.
Gunn1
Bad Deal.

There should be some sort of legal recourse to the buyer against the seller. There should also be a visit from law enforcement/DMV to the seller of the fraudulent -6.

For further mention, when this kind of money is being exchanged for a specific vintage collector automobile and its completeness and correctness is paramount to its "Value" the car should have a thorough professional PPI.

Caveat emptor

JMO

Whitney Mic
A tidbit from his other thread, post #53, as KELTY360 noted earlier (stole the quote marks from his earlier post here):

QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Aug 26 2016, 10:46 PM) *

I have done several 914-6 conversions now and they do take time, too much money, and patient friends and family. The thing about this Zombie car, or I should say what makes it a Zombie, is that 15% is original and 85% is fabrication! Since there was so little hope of salvaging the original car I felt like it gave me a licence to really go all out creating a hot rod! I wanted it to look like something the factory would have built but more of it was built in my garage than was built in Stuttgart, hence SoCal Stuttgart!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...15069&st=52

ar15.gif Busted!! bs.gif

The judge says: Guilty! smash.gif

-- Whit
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Whitney Mic @ Aug 27 2016, 10:55 PM) *

A tidbit from his other thread, post #53, as KELTY360 noted earlier (stole the quote marks from his earlier post here):

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...15069&st=52

ar15.gif Busted!! bs.gif

The judge says: Guilty! smash.gif

-- Whit

Double edged sword for the new owner. Someone should tell him the truth but then he has to deal with the reality of owning a VIN swap.
rhodyguy
Ignorance is bliss. At times you don't want to know the answer.
socalstuttgart
They say not to testify against yourself but what is the what? My crime is selling it. Period. Yes, I should have kept it and retired it. I'm sorry guys. I'm sorry we have to fight over VINS. I won't swap the vins and yes I do check my VINs carefully and made a mistake once buying a car that I wish I hadn't. If I could I'd keep all my cars from now on and I will display them. I'm kind of sick of the hotrod game. I never wanted show cars but now I know that's probably where they belong...at shows. The other crime is it was too fast and dangerous. It could not stay on the track and though I wanted to take it to the big track it had too much power and not enough tire. We kept trying to tame it but truly there is a reason the 300hp 908 powered cars we not built for the public! Too much for mid engined cars...they spin like a cork screw. I have to go for now but let's keep looking for a GOOD solution. I do want to buy it back or compensate or do time or ... ? Whatever will solve this going forward. Yes, risky of me but I know jail is most dangerous for all. Perhaps I can find the 914-4 vins again. The records are here or with the new owner...both actually. I believe he has some info. I'll be back.
Coondog
Click to view attachment
billh1963
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Aug 29 2016, 01:40 AM) *

They say not to testify against yourself but what is the what? My crime is selling it. Period. Yes, I should have kept it and retired it. I'm sorry guys. I'm sorry we have to fight over VINS. I won't swap the vins and yes I do check my VINs carefully and made a mistake once buying a car that I wish I hadn't. If I could I'd keep all my cars from now on and I will display them. I'm kind of sick of the hotrod game. I never wanted show cars but now I know that's probably where they belong...at shows. The other crime is it was too fast and dangerous. It could not stay on the track and though I wanted to take it to the big track it had too much power and not enough tire. We kept trying to tame it but truly there is a reason the 300hp 908 powered cars we not built for the public! Too much for mid engined cars...they spin like a cork screw. I have to go for now but let's keep looking for a GOOD solution. I do want to buy it back or compensate or do time or ... ? Whatever will solve this going forward. Yes, risky of me but I know jail is most dangerous for all. Perhaps I can find the 914-4 vins again. The records are here or with the new owner...both actually. I believe he has some info. I'll be back.

I believe you would be better served to just stop posting.
dlee6204
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 29 2016, 08:10 AM) *

I believe you would be better served to just stop posting.

No he should definitely keep going. This is great stuff. Sickening but great. popcorn[1].gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(socalstuttgart @ Aug 29 2016, 12:40 AM) *

WTF.gif

Really? What don't you get that VIN swapping is illegal in the USA. The car is a nice build, really like it, but why swap the VIN from the /6 if for no other reason then to commit fraud when you sold it. Not cool.

mepstein

Actually, your crime was swapping the vin. Then selling a vin swapped car. I'm not surprised you can't understand that what you did is a crime. Still, no matter how much you try to rationalize it with a drug fueled rant. Your reputation is shit.
rhodyguy
Ouch!
Scott S
SoCal -
A few years back I witnessed what happens to the seller of a car that is considered prominent or rare that ends up being a fake. The car in question sold 4 times over the span of 10 years until the fraud was uncovered. All four of the previous owners sued the builder - it was ugly.

With the way values are rising on the real sixes, you may want to think about rectifying the situation very quickly.

Just my $.02

popcorn[1].gif
blackmoon
popcorn[1].gif all good stories have an end, god bad or indifferent, this one seems to be very bad
porschetub
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 28 2016, 08:11 AM) *

Face it, he's the same lying scumbag now as he was 5 years ago when I asked him if the gold car was the same car as the silver car. Guys like him will make up any story to justify their actions, usually many stories, and they don't care what laws they break. It's all about them.

Top marks to you for sure you called him out twice on his build thread and got no answers then he went to ground,I had some funny thoughts about the poor (or lack) of early pics of the car he started with,then it reappears as a silver one ...call me a bit dumb but I had no idea someone would be brave enough to put this on the worldwide stage so to speak.
Heh not many people won't document the full build of a -6 unless they had something to hide..right.
Ban this spoilt Cali rich kid,he talks shit and conducts his life in a very similar way,he makes me barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif .
Maybe he needs jail time and a good sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif to get his miserable head out of his ass.
Karma will catch up on you ...trust me on that.
Rant over.
Whitney Mic
I was just re-reading the thread.

There is something else the SocialStutterer doesn't seem to understand yet. He keeps offering to buy back the car at his selling price. If the car sold for $75,000 in the next deal and he wants to make good, he would have to refund the $35,000 for the first deal, and buy the car back for $75,000.

He is on the hook for the full purchase price every time this car sells.

This could become very expensive if the car sells again. If the guy he sold to has sold the car for the above price, he already owes over $100,000 blink.gif ... and he thought building the car was expensive!

popcorn[1].gif

Better yet, his repeated attempts to defend his actions here have given him ample rope to hanged.gif himself.

popcorn[1].gif

Just about the time I was going to post a jpg of Porky Pig saying "That's all, Folks," I realize that this one isn't over yet. If that car sells a few more times, (and it might, if it has more power than the new owner can deal with), this could end up with lawsuits against him for several millions of dollars.

He is posting here instead of going to the buyer of his car, the police, or HIRING AN ATTORNEY to address what he's done, like he hopes this will all just go away if only he can explain it right. The longer he waits, the more it will cost him in time and money.

popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif

And we get to (or have to) watch the whole soap opera play out in a super-slow-motion, frame by frame, High-Definition, real time example of how to crash your "914-6" after you no longer own the car...

Odds are, it will be an entertaining show, once the hitfan[1].gif . I can barely contain my excitement waiting for his next scene.

-- Whit
PancakePorsche
Just read this entire post. One heck of a ride that left me exhausted ! Kinda a buyer beware on steroids. This is now a well documented case and it will not just go away as some hope it will. Lord have mercy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.