Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB ravenna green car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
iankarr
Far be it from me to deny my wife a 914! piratenanner.gif

She loves Ravenna Green. I'm open to everything from a fully sorted car at a "no questions" price to one that needs work...as long as the longs are solid and the car doesn't need serious welding.

Would also consider a trade of my 73 2056 which has been totally restored. Thanks...
Beach914
No affiliation but there's one on Craigslist orange county for $17k.

On my notebook and it's a pain to paste the link sorry.
PancakePorsche
Awesome color and very, very rare. Alot of the rare few got changed when the bright colors fell out of fashion so check those paint I.D. plates for L65K.

Gotta be real patient to find one. Hope you do !
iankarr
Thanks guys...

I had a fellow 914world member do a PPI on the CL car Beach mentioned in OC. It's shows nice in pics, but has some issues in person. Seems overpriced for the current condition and the owner doesn't want to budge from 17K. Here's what I learned. I'd love to hear if you agree.

– The owner (who btw says he's never heard of 914world) was unwilling to let us take the rocker covers off and inspect the longs. The hell hole and underside appear ok, but not being able to look at the longs with a 17K price tag is scary.

– The passenger door has been repainted and is way (way) off from the rest of the car. My painter tells me it's difficult to match Ravenna Green since it's so neon. The rest of car is wearing a second coat, but there's a lot of crazing and chips. Need to factor in a blast and repaint.

– Seems there's a smell of raw gas in the car. I asked if the plastic fuel lines had been replaced and he didn't give a clear answer, so I guess not. My inspector didn't want to test drive the car with the gas smell, so I don't know how it drives or stops.

– Although the interior looks good, the dash has been recovered and there's rips in the driver seat.

– Lots of little things like a chipped windshield, bent trim, age-cracked tires, dryer hose and non-standard stuff in the engine compartment, FI issues (hunting during idle).

Given those things, what do you think the car is worth? Not that it matters since the owner is standing firm wink.gif.
87m491
Hard to think the rockers haven't already been off at some point in the cars life. Most are then reattached with screws so I would think easy to take off. If riveted I might say no too. The underside shown looks nice, though the ski racks would have me looking closely....
I think I see some discolored plastic fuel lines in one engine bay shot (hard to tell could be treated metal), so I'd guess an old line leaking somewhere between the tank and front bulk head or possibly the in cockpit plastic lines.
Can't make out if it has the front and rear sways to go with the chrome and center console.
Ad sure is light on details, I'd sure like to see some records at that price as well....

QUOTE(cuddyk @ Aug 29 2016, 10:44 AM) *

Thanks guys...

I had a fellow 914world member do a PPI on the CL car Beach mentioned in OC. It's shows nice in pics, but has some issues in person. Seems overpriced for the current condition and the owner doesn't want to budge from 17K. Here's what I learned. I'd love to hear if you agree.

– The owner (who btw says he's never heard of 914world) was unwilling to let us take the rocker covers off and inspect the longs. The hell hole and underside appear ok, but not being able to look at the longs with a 17K price tag is scary.

– The passenger door has been repainted and is way off from the rest of the car. My painter tells me it's difficult to match Ravenna Green since it's so neon. The rest of car is wearing a second coat, but there's a lot of crazing and chips. Need to factor in a blast and repaint.

– Seems there's a smell of raw gas in the car. I asked if the plastic fuel lines had been replaced and he didn't give a clear answer, so I guess not. My inspector didn't want to test drive the car with the gas smell, so I don't know how it drives or stops.

– Although the interior looks good, the dash has been recovered and there's rips in the driver seat.

– Lots of little things like a chipped windshield, bent trim, age-cracked tires, dryer hose and non-standard stuff in the engine compartment, FI issues (hunting during idle).

Given those things, what do you think the car is worth? Not that it matters since the owner is standing firm wink.gif.
iankarr
I'm told the rockers were just screwed in. The response from the owner was...

"the car is 43 years old and the rockers are the same age and in the same condition as the car." Strange answer, especially since the owner says he's owned a few 914s and should understand the importance of that spot.
mepstein
Not $17k. Maybe 1/2 that. Maybe...
iankarr
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 29 2016, 04:00 PM) *

Interesting...your estimate is a little lower than mine was. Curious how you came to that...

Just noticed that the CL ad conveniently doesn't show the (very) mismatched door.
Cairo94507
I would be at $10K tops. Now if the owner were to cooperate and allow a thorough PPI with rockers off, up in the air, etc., the price would rise accordingly. However I would still not be at $17K. But maybe $12-13K. Inspection, documentation and cooperation is what works for me. I might have missed it, was there a COA to confirm numbers?
mepstein
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Aug 29 2016, 04:04 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 29 2016, 04:00 PM) *

Interesting...your estimate is a little lower than mine was. Curious how you came to that...

Just noticed that the CL ad conveniently doesn't show the (very) mismatched door.

Because I start low if I can't run the engine or see the rockers. Seems to me your buying a running parts car with the limited information you have.
iankarr
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 29 2016, 06:18 PM) *

I would be at $10K tops. Now if the owner were to cooperate and allow a thorough PPI with rockers off, up in the air, etc., the price would rise accordingly. However I would still not be at $17K. But maybe $12-13K. Inspection, documentation and cooperation is what works for me. I might have missed it, was there a COA to confirm numbers?

That's almost exactly where my numbers came out, too. There's no COA. Omitting a pic of the mismatched door on CL (and showing one with the door open so you can't see the tremendous difference in shade) is an indication that this is a "buyer beware" kind of seller. Bummer.
carl s
This might not be the right colour Green but have you seen this one: http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5733475300.html
76-914
The 7mm screws at the end of each valance were missing confused24.gif so it was only a matter of removing the 3-10mm bolts on each to expose the lower portion of the rockers. I pointed out that it would only take 5 min. My guess is that someone had those off and that they DON'T want them revealed, again!
74ravenna
No affiliation.

Have you seen this yet?

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5734165202.html
iankarr
QUOTE(74ravenna @ Sep 1 2016, 05:32 AM) *

No affiliation.

Have you seen this yet?

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5734165202.html

Thanks for the link. Yep, I looked at that one a few weeks back and spoke with the owner. He tells me that the color isn't original to the car...and it's not even a porsche color. Said he had it repainted and just chose a color he liked. Why he would go that far and not use L65K is beyond me wink.gif

the hunt continues.....!
Karmann11
Re OC Rav green car. I have asked several times for the engine number, but kept emailing me back with how much he had spent on the engine rebuild...... You want to know what you are going to find when you are travelling a long way to buy a car.

Have to say 914 world is a great forum, many thanks to all involved.
iankarr
Yeah, that pretty much seems to be his M.O. It's too bad cause all that behavior does is drive serious buyers away. I suppose there's always the chance that a noob will just fork over 17K. But even if that happens, it won't end there when he takes it to a mechanic and discovers all the issues. It'll be a mess.

Kent drove out to see the car for me and did as thorough a PPI as possible (given that the car wasn't safe to drive b/c of a (likely) fuel line leak.)

I asked the owner if he'd be open to an offer (I usually find that works better than just hitting them with what they'll view as a lowball) and he never even responded back. Total lack of courtesy considering Kent and I went through the trouble of a PPI. Buyer beware!
Mikey914
I have a customer that is selling his car, pretty much bone sock 2.0 with the injection on it still and really clean looking. I haven't see the hell hole, but if it is Ravenna I may have found you a car. I'll PM you if it is (and put you directly in touch).
Mark
Mikey914
Sorry Saturn Yellow I'll get you the info if you are interested. looks very clean
iankarr
Thanks so much for keeping an eye out for me, Mark! Parts-maker AND match-maker? You're awesome...
JOEPROPER
www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/244714

Is this what you're looking for? I saw this add and thought of you...
JOEPROPER
you'll have to copy and paste.
ndfrigi
One of the best Ravenna color that was sold by Rick!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=254002
DTMLGND
Here's one if you're open to West Coast!

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5742846824.html

iankarr
Thanks, Guys.
and
Yeah...I wish I had a time machine to go back and buy Rick's car. And a new Dino Ferrari for that matter wink.gif.

Joe...I've emailed CarsForSale, but it looks like that ad was from a while back. Hey...ya never know!

DTM... that OC car is the one we were talking about at the top of the thread. The owner is firm about 17K, but it really is a 10K car as-is. No COA and he's not particularly forthcoming with info either. Which is probably why it hasn't sold after being listed for over a month.

I can't thank you all enough for keeping an eye out for me. This is an amazing community!
iankarr
searching CL and Ebay daily. Amazing how hard it is to find an original Ravenna car. Anyone have data on how many came from the factory in that color?
iwanta914-6
No idea if this is a current ad or if it's old or if it's legit. It's expensive but dayum it's gorgeous!

http://www.2040-cars.com/Porsche/914/1974-...urs-car-128703/
PancakePorsche
Talk about rare my Ravenna car even has vinyl covered A pillars. Be very patient I found mine on Craigslist. Color was controversial when available new. It was developed for VW bugs and equally rare on one of those too.
iankarr
thanks, Pancake. the hunt is half the fun wink.gif
Jett
I don't know this car and it is not Ravenna, but is a great color.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5800741969.html
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Jett @ Sep 26 2016, 09:17 PM) *

Willow Green is another awesome color.
iankarr
nice! it is a great color. Appreciate the heads up. I've had a few leads for repainted Ravenna cars, but unfortunately nothing promising;)
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Jett @ Sep 26 2016, 10:17 PM) *

Wow that engine has 2 litters. They should probably consider having it spayed or neutered. laugh.gif
second wind
Isn't Glenn's car ravenna green? Could be the answer and a couple extra cylinders never hurt anyone.
iankarr
Glenn?
KD914
Froggy ...

The ad link posted by iwanta914-6 for the 1974 2.0 Ravenna green, 914, is a legit car, but no longer for sale. It belonged to one of our own in the community here, tod914, an advanced member. Here's the link to when Tod had it for sale back in March 2013.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...205535&st=0

It's an amazingly correct, original, 914, that Tod had detailed to absolute perfection. There aren't many original paint cars left in the world that look like this one. I believe Tod won the NJ PCA 50th Anniversary Concours with it, scoring an unbelievable 249 1/2 points out of 250.

dcheek, in the link above, wrote four lines of poetry about Tod and the car:

Know Tod.
Seen this car.
Judged this car.
Just one word - incredible.
tod914
That car is actually too nice to drive. Felt like I was playing frogger every time it left the garage. Hence the reason for the sale. It was more of a liability than something I could enjoy.
Car went to a good caring home, which was more important getting a couple extra "Shillings" for it. Good luck in your search. Took me the better part of 14 years to find this one. Eventually the right one will come your way.

I recall seeing a Ravenna green with the A-pillars covered a number of years ago. Might of been on the club site or old 914 site glenn sager had. Looked cool.
iankarr
Thanks, Tod...and everyone. The search continues. Which is half the fun.

I suppose I can always paint my 73 2.0 Ravenna. For 8-10K at least I'll know that the car is totally sorted wink.gif
914BZH
hello,It's probably my color preferred for this car, in France, by looking at announcements on the Internet I saw this announcement:

http://www.tradenetclassics.com/classified.../x/x/x//C94030L
jor
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Oct 18 2016, 03:24 PM) *

Thanks, Tod...and everyone. The search continues. Which is half the fun.

I suppose I can always paint my 73 2.0 Ravenna. For 8-10K at least I'll know that the car is totally sorted wink.gif

That's what I did. Not original, but I know my car is rust free and it looks just I wanted it to. Oh wait. It's been a month now. It's likely not rust free anymore. Sigh.
iankarr

[/quote]

That's what I did. Not original, but I know my car is rust free and it looks just I wanted it to. Oh wait. It's been a month now. It's likely not rust free anymore. Sigh.
[/quote]

Ha! Too true.
iwanta914-6
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5844434639.html

Better jump on this one before I do, lol.
iankarr
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 24 2016, 06:43 PM) *

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5844434639.html

Better jump on this one before I do, lol.

Thanks iwanta6! unfortunately, this is the same orange county car discussed at the top of the thread. Still not sold 3 months after he put it on the market. Lots of reasons why. Kent (76-914) did a PPI for me. Wasn't safe to drive the car because he smelled raw gas (prob original fuel lines). No COA, owner unwilling to allow inspection of longs, etc.

I've offered the owner a very fair price given the unknowns...and even told him I'd pay close to his asking if I could be assured the longs were solid and a COA proved the engine was original. He's apparently unwilling to take a penny lower than 17K, but also unwilling to do the work and/or allow inspections to justify that price. Frustrating. He told me a guy in England offered 15.5 as-is. If I were him, I would've taken that in a second. But no way I'd pay that for a car that might need longs and a new paint job with a possible replacement motor.

Ah, well....

iwanta914-6
Hmm...I guess I missed that part of the discussion.
iankarr
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 24 2016, 10:56 PM) *

Hmm...I guess I missed that part of the discussion.

All good. I'm very grateful that you and the gang here are keeping an eye out!
914BZH
Hello,

i saw :

http://www.reinaintlauto.com/1974-porsche-914--c-1792.htm
iankarr
Thanks Much! Alas, it doesn't appear to be Ravenna. Actually doesn't look like a porche color. Will check, though... and

welcome.png
914BZH
smile.gif

if you check it, please inform me ...it's impossible for me..

It is probably the 914 which I would like to have also

this is inedeed fantastic :

http://www.2040-cars.com/Porsche/914/1974-...urs-car-128703/

But in France it would seem that we have its European twin ... + 53 000$

http://www.lacentrale.fr/auto-occasion-annonce-62217898.html
iankarr
Bonjour!

Looks like that first car isn't for sale any longer. It was discussed in posts 36 and 37 on page 2. A previous owner said that the car was such a time capsule that he didn't enjoy driving it. I can totally understand that wink.gif.

The European twin looks spectacular as well.

How cool is it that my 914 world brothers are helping me search on multiple continents!

Very grateful.

914BZH
This french car is actually for sale!!!If you want more informations i can call, but +53 000$ it's very very expensive ...

Let's me know smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.