Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powdercoating is awesome... even WITHOUT an oven!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Qarl
Nice job Lawrence!

Can you come over and do mine?

Regards,

Karl
campbellcj
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jun 26 2003, 03:19 PM)
What goes in that cage??   ohmy.gif  

Pam's dog. It's not particularly user-friendly to strangers, so she has the kennel built in the garage.

Hey, that's a good idea. My psycho dog goes into the garage when visitors come over...but then if -they- go into the garage... chowtime.gif
Lawrence
In all fairness, and I wish I had a close-up picture of the propane heater... it LOOKED like the logical place to start the unit.

Unfortunately, it wasn't. But lighting the heater directly in the propane stream coming from the tank made a really cool noise.
Lawrence
Hey, that's a good idea. My psycho dog goes into the garage when visitors come over...but then if -they- go into the garage...    :chow:

You have exactly the right idea.

Jasmine, Pam's basenji, likes to eat stuff. Lots of stuff. Well, pretty much anything if she's in an aggravated mood.

Since the garage has shovels, rakes and implements of destrucion (bonus points if you know where that came from), not to mention boxes of shoes, chemicals, etc... it's best that she's contained in the garage to keep her safe.
GWN7
Nice job on the parts. All I can say about the tank lighting is boom. Don't try and vacume rocks out of your gas tank either.
jonwatts
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jun 26 2003, 05:35 PM)
Since the garage has shovels, rakes and implements of destrucion (bonus points if you know where that came from), not to mention boxes of shoes, chemicals, etc... it's best that she's contained in the garage to keep her safe.

Alice's Restaurant

(and I knew that way before I lived in the vicinity of it)
jonwatts
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 26 2003, 05:12 PM)
Ah, powdercoating always brings a couple together. Nice job!
I'll have to try that one on Monique.

Geoff

Geoff, I'm sure you could figure out some way to get the powder to stick to her but I'm not sure she'd survive the curing process.
jonwatts
LB, is it more difficult to see the clear flow out since it's, well, clear?

I BBQ with coals instead of gas, and I forget how much does a bottle of propane go for. Does $50 for a bottle and $25 for a refill sound about right?
Bleyseng
Jon, the curing process would be one of those HOT Surinamese dishes she can make. They get your body temp up to atleast 350 degrees.

Geoff
Lawrence
LB, is it more difficult to see the clear flow out since it's, well, clear?

Nope. Actually, it's easier to see. It sprays on opaque white. Then as it flows out, it becomes clear.
Gint
I've been out a few days and ignoring you guys.

Looks great Rusty. Nice job.

Thanks for the story Pam. I got a good chuckle out of that.
Lawrence
Thanks, Mike. You were the one that inspired me to do this. All the work you did on the brown car was beautiful.

I BBQ with coals instead of gas, and I forget how much does a bottle of propane go for. Does $50 for a bottle and $25 for a refill sound about right?

Hi Jon,

Actually, that sounds very high. I was at Menards on Monday night, and saw propane bottles (with current non-tip safety valve) for less than 30 dollars. Exchange (refills) at the local foreign-operated convienence store was 16 dollars. I think 16 bucks is high, but it's just up the street.

-Rusty
maf914
Here in the Southeast a propane bottle exchange goes for about $16. Just a year ago it was $13, but one day all of the vendors got together and said "screw you, we're charging $16"!

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.