Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LEDs and housings in stock see post 48----GB ENDS 8/1/17
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
porschetub
QUOTE(Spoke @ Aug 21 2017, 03:08 PM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 20 2017, 08:33 PM) *

what is the function of the square box I did notice similar units don't use them,is it a ballast or transformer ??? I really don't , beer.gif

You're close with the transformer. Most likely it's a dc-dc converter to convert the constant 12-14Vdc input power to a constant output current to the LEDs. LEDs are controlled by current, not voltage. A dc-dc converter is usually very efficient and doesn't get too hot.

Thanks Spoke never too old to learn eh biggrin.gif ....ok here I go again bear with me,so why do some not have this box ,mine don't,just plug straight into the 3 pin headlight circuit plug.
Didn't buy the 914rubber ones because found the ones I have locally from a friend that has a auto electrical shop,he mentioned the had sold a lot of them with no issues,just hoping they are ok....reason I asked.
I really would like to improve my lighting as I have rather poor night vision and always have had.

913B
Hi Mark, did I miss something, was I supposed to add new wiring for the LEDs. I went to test fit one side and turned it on, there was hum from the internal fan in the bulb, as soon as I went to look at the headlamp. It turned off and I found the the low beam fuse blown.

Did I get a defect bulb or I need to add new wiring for the LED bulb ?

Thanks
Ted

michael7810
Must be a defective bulb and/or transformer as long as the wires didn't get pinched somehow in the mechanism. I just installed mine with stock wiring and they work great.
913B
No pinched wiring, the headlight assy was not buttoned up yet, everything was not put back together.

That's good to know no new extra wiring is needed.
I am going to plug in the other bulb and see.

My wiring is very unmolested original, plus the headlight was working fine before the install. I even took a before video to look at the improvement when I am done.

Is the fan supposed to be ON as soon as the headlights are turned on.
I didn't realized there was a fan until I heard the humming sound.

beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Been off the board for a few days at work.
Ours are warrantied so no problem dropping you a new one out. We will also test it so it's a known good.
My guess is you got a dud.
PM me your email so I can look up and drop out.
Mark
Mikey914
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Oct 8 2017, 11:21 AM) *

No pinched wiring, the headlight assy was not buttoned up yet, everything was not put back together.

That's good to know no new extra wiring is needed.
I am going to plug in the other bulb and see.

My wiring is very unmolested original, plus the headlight was working fine before the install. I even took a before video to look at the improvement when I am done.

Is the fan supposed to be ON as soon as the headlights are turned on.
I didn't realized there was a fan until I heard the humming sound.

beerchug.gif

Yes fan is on when under power.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.