Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LEDs and housings in stock see post 48----GB ENDS 8/1/17
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
NFBrown
It would be great to drive the 914 at night. Last time I did my dimmer relay stuck on hi-beam and none of the on-coming traffic noticed.

Nick
ConeDodger
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jul 11 2017, 02:01 AM) *

Anyone have a pic of a 914 H4 housing. I know what a 911 H4 housing looks like, but never seen a 914 H4 housing.

Same banana...
jim_hoyland
Order submitted ! smile.gif smile.gif
Mikey914
Yes you will note the output is higher than we originally looked at and all that have purchased them have been quite happy.

I only have a few sets left on the shelf more inbound in about a week, didn't think they would sell out that fast! PMs going out to all.

Mark
DRPHIL914
order submitted and paid - question- is 1 = a set of 2?
Mikey914
LED kit, yes 1 kit - 2 bulbs. H4 housings are individual but have option to buy the set for less. Yes I have someone that just wanted one housing.

Thanks for checking,
Mark
914_teener
Man...this looks good for me as well. I'll wait till you get more in Mark.

Is there a plug and play for the fog lights? I know there are a few threads on this.

914_teener
Oh...btw I found a led for the interior light that will work.

Mikey914
Great,
And BTW we did get some interior lights in too , again just need to list them up on the site.
7TPorsh
Can you still get the headlight covers on with these?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jul 14 2017, 02:21 PM) *

Yes...

Everything is on there. Fully reassembled.
Mikey914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jul 14 2017, 10:21 AM) *

The terminaology is a little off, but we do have the housings for the LEDs you can get if you do not already have them. If that is what you mean yes.
-Mark
PotterPorsche
Can you let me know once you have more bulbs in stock.
Mikey914
Will contact all that have bumped the thread once in.
brownaar
Click to view attachment

Any suggestions on where/how to mount/secure this on the 914 install? Plus, it's a shame Mark doesn't make a modified boot for these for the back of the bulb housing. That thing was a pain.

Thanks,
Aaron
Mikey914
I zip tied these to the housing, pics to follow
Mikey914
Being a little OCD I also wrapped the connection with a a piece of rubber inter tube and zip tied it also. Wanted to make sure that connections were protected. You can see what I did here
brownaar
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 16 2017, 10:22 AM) *

Being a little OCD I also wrapped the connection with a a piece of rubber inter tube and zip tied it also. Wanted to make sure that connections were protected. You can see what I did here

Thx!
jim_hoyland
Got my LEDs today, I see the pictures of the zip tied part; since it has screw holes on the corners, shouldn't it be screwed down ? What's the issue with the rubber cap ? I'm going to do thee install Friday.....
Mikey914
I elected to leave the rubber cap off as it really doesn't keep the water out the way it's set up. I've had no issues thus far. I was more concerned with water on the connections. Mostly as the HID units I had on my 951 showed some signs of corrosion. This is a different set up but figured I'd protect it.

For Jim, yes it could be screwed down, but I was able to secure nicely with the zip ties.
ConeDodger
The rubber cap is intended for the H4 bulb. You could use it but it tends to push the socket off the connection. I simply don't ever drive my car in the rain. smile.gif
Mikey914
I apologize if I hit a few of you up that already bought these, I just wanted to make sure I did get everyone notified we have these back in stock.

Thanks for your participation on the GB, these took awhile, but I think you will find them worth the wait.

Also just a heads up I have a few GB item going (and of course there will be more coming)

We couldn't make the parts we do without your help!
Mikey914
GB ends 8/1/17
MartyYeoman
Please add my name for option #2. DOT LED bulbs only. I have H4 housings already.
PayPal sent.
Thanks, Marty
drem914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 30 2017, 08:51 AM) *

GB ends 8/1/17

Any code needed for the GB?
DRPHIL914
i installed these in some HID housings that also have halos! couple pictures of them - i did install the rubber caps-
DRPHIL914
how do i get the headlight housings to stay up?
Nogoodwithusernames
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jul 30 2017, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 30 2017, 08:51 AM) *

GB ends 8/1/17

Any code needed for the GB?

Ditto, would like to get a set and have never done one of the GB's before so not sure how they work.
pete000
I am in for option 2.

What's the ordering process?

Also is there a reduction of amp draw on the electrical system?

I am having some issues with my voltage dropping during long stops at idle. Might be a tired charging system.
Wyvern
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jul 30 2017, 08:06 PM) *

how do i get the headlight housings to stay up?

Turn your key ON
Turn on your headlights
Remove plastic cover in trunk next to the headlight motor ( 2 screws)
Remove the round relay.
Turn off the key and headlights

Your headlight will stay up.

When you put the relay back in it will close (watch where your fingers are as it will really hurt headbang.gif )
Wyvern
I am ordering from the website now .... see the bulbs in stock, but the H4 Lenses are "backordered" should I order (assuming they might be in sooner than later) or if not, find / source elsewhere.

Thank you
DRPHIL914
Mark, i have a question: has anyone had issues with the high beam not coming on??
right now i have one hooked up and the other is standard- the high beam comes on when i pull the lever and hold it but when i let go the LED high beam does not stay on .
its not the relay. is the built in LED relay defective?

phil
Mikey914
Trying to understand the question.
Is the High beam not coming on period? Or is the issue the relay not staying on powering both. I suspect it's a relay issue if the High beams work. The relay is not internal to the LED. It's at the fuse panel area. Many of the old ones are silver.

Mikle Bellis did a good write up of an alternate option to the $50 OEM one.

You may find this thread enlightening .... pardon the pun.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...eadlight++relay
DRPHIL914
ok trying to clarify-
the high beam will not come on - or I should say it will not stay on - when I pull the lever on the stearing column, you hear the click - and the high beam does come on on the right side bulb- that one is still the original bulb not converted yet- so the relay must be working - but on the left side- drivers side that hast the LED hooked up, it does not- BUT if I hold the lever back and don't release it then the led high beam turns on - but releasing the lever it goes back off-
- it seems to be in the circuit of the LED- im going to hook up the other on on this side to see if it does the same thing - I will try this tonight - will see the result - I will also hook back up a standard bulb if that works high and low, but the LED does not then it is not my car, it is something int he LED wiring and the 914 that is not compatible- maybe the flasher conversion is the problem/??
Maybe someone else here , Jim Hoyland? I think he did the flasher conversion on his car same time I did mine - ( flasher conversion- where you can run the fogs with out lights being on and if you pull the lever it will flash the fogs)

Thanks for the input
bahnzai
I ordered today, but could not find how to incorporate the Group buy aspect on the website.
Thx
Mikey914
Ok,
I may have made the post a little confusing the posting. I meant to say it was done today like ended last night.
Sometimes when you are posting with the lack of sleep thing get a little goofy.

As always I will make it right. So it ends tonight at midnight.
biggrin.gif

The only issue we have right now is that we will be back ordered for about 10 more days for any more that come in at this point. Order them now and wait you get the GB price. Wait and the GB will be over.

Thanks to all!
biggrin.gif

And anyone that paid full price already today will be refunded to the GB price.
Wyvern
Ordered LED bulbs.
Should I go ahead and also order H4 Glass Housings ( they show "Backordered")?

I would like 2 at the GB price.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Wyvern @ Aug 1 2017, 05:17 PM) *

Ordered LED bulbs.
Should I go ahead and also order H4 Glass Housings ( they show "Backordered")?

I would like 2 at the GB price.

If you need them do. We just got more in yesterday but have not yet corrected. Will do so shortly.
lonewolfe
Is $98 the group buy price? That's what I got on the 914rubber site.
Wyvern
Received my bulbs ... very excited to install.
In my delivery were 2 additional "Bulb Lenses" (round tubes that look to be able to replace the ones already installed)
I am guessing these may put a different tint / color on the light.

Any info ? Or anyone try them ?
Matty900
QUOTE(Wyvern @ Aug 14 2017, 07:19 PM) *

Received my bulbs ... very excited to install.
In my delivery were 2 additional "Bulb Lenses" (round tubes that look to be able to replace the ones already installed)
I am guessing these may put a different tint / color on the light.

Any info ? Or anyone try them ?

The additional lenses allow you to change the color of the light to your liking
Mikey914
And we have another shipment in and ready to ship for anyone else that may need LEDs.
DRPHIL914
matk- do these headlights/reflectors look like they would work with the new LED you have?
Matty900
If it will take an H4 bulb. It should fit fine.
Wyvern
WoW . installed last night , went out tonight to aim. ( I was really close)

These are AMAZING !

So happy to now not be concerned when driving at night .
Heading down to Monterey Car Week, Werks and Laguna for 5 days.
I should have been cleaning and polishing but it will be great to actually see at night.

Best $150 I have spent on the 914. ( I got bulbs and lenses)
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Aug 15 2017, 11:43 AM) *

If it will take an H4 bulb. It should fit fine.

yes they are H4, which I have to say light up the road very nicely - I will be retrying the new LED-s that you have there- the ones I first received were not correct and would not go to high beam, so we will retry the new ones as soon as they come. Mark answered my questions via pm but basically the H4 reflectors can vary a lot- I saw this with one set that were actually HID- the dispersal pattern was horrible even pointed as low as it could go it lit up the sky- would have been horrible for oncoming drivers- I like my current lights - I've tried 4 different types of H4 bulbs and the ones I have in now are 6k bulbs and really give great visibility so if the LED don't work I will be fine with what I have- that said I cant help but try these!
I will post some comparison pictures of the road at night with the different bulbs -
Mikey914
More LEDs back in.
falcor75
I added my review of the LED's and housings in my build thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...3294&st=300

smile.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 2 2016, 06:35 PM) *

I've been able to source some very good LEDs for our car. It took some trial and error, but have been able to locate and check fit to assure these will work on our cars

Option 1-
I have H4 housings just want LEDs I know will fit without any issues - Not DOT approved 2600 lumens- $32 per bulb

Option 2-
I have H4 housings want the BEST LED I know will fit that DOT approved Watertight 3000 lumens
$48 bulb

Option 3-Plug and play Jeep series LED complete housed unit DOT approved 3000 lumens
$98 per unit.

For those that want New H4 no sealed beam housings we are looking at buying in bulk and providing at cost. So don't worry if you don't have an H4 housing. They are not that expensive, and we will try to get the best price possible for them.

We may be able to do better on these is we can get some volume, but wanted to test the waters.

Pictures to follow

what is the function of the square box I did notice similar units don't use them,is it a ballast or transformer ??? I really don't , beer.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 20 2017, 08:33 PM) *

what is the function of the square box I did notice similar units don't use them,is it a ballast or transformer ??? I really don't , beer.gif

You're close with the transformer. Most likely it's a dc-dc converter to convert the constant 12-14Vdc input power to a constant output current to the LEDs. LEDs are controlled by current, not voltage. A dc-dc converter is usually very efficient and doesn't get too hot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.