Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LEDs and housings in stock see post 48----GB ENDS 8/1/17
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mikey914
I've been able to source some very good LEDs for our car. It took some trial and error, but have been able to locate and check fit to assure these will work on our cars

Option 1-
I have H4 housings just want LEDs I know will fit without any issues - Not DOT approved 2600 lumens- $32 per bulb

Option 2-
I have H4 housings want the BEST LED I know will fit that DOT approved Watertight 3000 lumens
$48 bulb

Option 3-Plug and play Jeep series LED complete housed unit DOT approved 3000 lumens
$98 per unit.

For those that want New H4 no sealed beam housings we are looking at buying in bulk and providing at cost. So don't worry if you don't have an H4 housing. They are not that expensive, and we will try to get the best price possible for them.

We may be able to do better on these is we can get some volume, but wanted to test the waters.

Pictures to follow
falcor75
I'd be interested in option #2 but I would not buy untill mid 2017.
carcus
I would buy plug and play DOT legal ones with the most lumens in housings that are plug and play. Would buy a set. The things you design and manufacture for us are always awesome and I would be the first to support. They have to be waterproof, and deal with below freezing temps though with no fog or leaks. Any of those issues and I am out.
JustinMeier
Option 3.. Easy and right.
mb911
Option 3 as I don't have housings anyhow.
JoeD
QUOTE(JustinMeier @ Nov 2 2016, 03:36 AM) *

Option 3.. Easy and right.

agree.gif I'd be in
clapeza
Any idea if the DOT approved (#2) ones will fit in an early 70's longhood 911? If so, I'm in for 2 sets.
Chris H.
Option 3. Ready when you are sir.
87m491
I have 5 70's/80's era cars with E code headlights and higher output H4 lamps. So I'd be quite interested in a few sets of plug and play bulbs for H4 lamps. You only mention 1 lumen number per option. Am I correct in assuming a Hi/Lo function for these H4 bulbs?

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 1 2016, 10:35 PM) *

I've been able to source some very good LEDs for our car. It took some trial and error, but have been able to locate and check fit to assure these will work on our cars

Option 1-
I have H4 housings just want LEDs I know will fit without any issues - Not DOT approved 2600 lumens- $32 per bulb

Option 2-
I have H4 housings want the BEST LED I know will fit that DOT approved Watertight 3000 lumens
$48 bulb

Option 3-Plug and play Jeep series LED complete housed unit DOT approved 3000 lumens
$98 per unit.

For those that want New H4 no sealed beam housings we are looking at buying in bulk and providing at cost. So don't worry if you don't have an H4 housing. They are not that expensive, and we will try to get the best price possible for them.

We may be able to do better on these is we can get some volume, but wanted to test the waters.

Pictures to follow

cary
On my DD I'll go with option #3. The headlights on my daughters new Acura are amazing.
Mikey914
a couple questions answered

The lumens given are per channel. They they are high and low.

As far as fitting in a long hood 911 they should fit as the replace the bulb and have minimal extra in the back. I would venture a guess they fit, just haven't tried to fit yet. I'd be willing to take them back if you had any problems.

Thanks,
Mark

morgan_harwell
Option 2 for me. One set.
blackmoon
1 set for me of option #3
blackmoon
one set of option #3
ottox914
Do you expect the housings + option 2 would be less or more $$$ than option 3 plug-n-play? Any reason to go with the H4 housings and option 2 over just doing option 3 if the cost were about the same?
pbanders
With regard to option 3, I have similar lights to those, there are multiple versions of that light out there, they all seem to be physically the same. My comment is that if you convert to these lights, it is very important to properly set the aim, it will likely need adjustment after you convert, especially due to the configuration of the hi and lo beam sections of these lights. Mine had a crappy and irregular pattern until I carefully followed an aiming procedure (look up the one on Google from Daniel Stern Lighting, or look in the 914 Factory Workshop Manual). After a proper aiming, they pattern was very good and the hi beams are awesome.
Mikey914
As far as the cost of the bulb + the H4 housing vs the option 3 :
The H4 option should be less I suspect $15 or so per unit.
I personally prefer this option as it keeps a stock look.
With that being said, no one sees your headlights up when they are not on 90% of the time. When these are turned on they are most definitely brighter than the stock bulbs.

We are going to do testing on these this next week, and I suspect we will offer option 2 and option 3.

More to follow.

Eric_Shea
(4) option #2
mepstein
I purchased these A month ago.
rudedude
option #2 probably 2 sets, do they work on 6 volts also?
913B
I would be down for option 2 0r 3

whatabout1
Yea, I would be in for 2 or 3. Mostly 3 and would definitely need the housing.
porbmw
Daughter will be starting a full time job, driving her teener 30 or more miles, each way, in our Wet Coast....leaving at dark in am, returning in dark in pm....

Optoin 3 please....please.....please....
Mikey914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 2 2016, 06:52 PM) *

I purchased these A month ago.

We have found there are several versions of these. Some DOT approved some not.

Note these do not mention Jeep, so I suspect based on cost they probably are not. I've looked at a few of these, and while they all look the same, there are variations in the weights and well as construction. Also look at the entry into the back of the housings, the non DOT are pretty cheesy, a loosely fit grommet.
DRPHIL914
is there anyone who has converted their 75/76 rectangle bosch fog light to LED bulb? is there a quick or easy conversion to switch out the current bulb for an LED in same housing and reflector?
lonewolfe
I'm interested in 2 of Option 2. I already have H4 housings and want to keep an original look.
cconcepcion
option #2 for me..
cconcepcion
option #2 for me..
bandjoey
No. 2
Mikey914
Matt will have a few samples in hand shortly so we can make a few available before bringing in quantity. I plan to do one in mine, so we will have a few available shortly for feedback before the main GB. That way we can tweek this it have install instructions too.
JimmyG
opt 2 for me. I'm in.
carcus
Will there be a expensive shipping charge? Price plus shipping is what I am looking at for option 3. Plug and play. I have money ready. Let me know.
BuddyV
(2) sets of #2
kid914
1 for #2. beerchug.gif
BeatNavy
1 pair of #2, sil vous plait.
Mikey914
QUOTE(carcus @ Nov 4 2016, 03:45 PM) *

Will there be a expensive shipping charge? Price plus shipping is what I am looking at for option 3. Plug and play. I have money ready. Let me know.

Our shipping is not known for gouging. We charge actual, but do pack to avoid damage.
Should be about $15 with housing on average. Less for smaller stuff.
Mark
carcus
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 5 2016, 12:52 PM) *

QUOTE(carcus @ Nov 4 2016, 03:45 PM) *

Our shipping is not known for gouging. We charge actual, but do pack to avoid damage.
Should be about $15 with housing on average. Less for smaller stuff.
Mark

I am in. Put me down for one of the first Option 3. Excited about these and all of your products are quality.
jim_hoyland
Are the LED headlight bulbs (etc) on your web page ?
ConeDodger
This is a comparison of an H4 housing and light to an H4 housing with one of Mark's LED offerings. My idle no longer drops when the lights come on and THEY ARE MUCH BRIGHTER! Mark would have to tell you which bulb it is because my car was a test mule for these and I just installed what he sent.
Mikey914
Thanks Rob,
Now I just need to hound matt to get these up on the site.
raynekat
Being stupid....what is the H4 housing? Is that the stock housing the large light bulb plugs into?
ConeDodger
The H4 housing accepts a bulb. In most cases an H4 bulb. In this case an LED. The stock headlight is a sealed beam. When it burns out, you replace the whole unit.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 9 2017, 03:37 PM) *

This is a comparison of an H4 housing and light to an H4 housing with one of Mark's LED offerings. My idle no longer drops when the lights come on and THEY ARE MUCH BRIGHTER! Mark would have to tell you which bulb it is because my car was a test mule for these and I just installed what he sent.

Which H4 bulb ? 3,000 or 2,600 Lumens
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 9 2017, 08:54 PM) *

Thanks Rob,
Now I just need to hound matt to get these up on the site.

Yes, I was looking for them about a week ago... bye1.gif
raynekat
Anyone have a pic of a 914 H4 housing. I know what a 911 H4 housing looks like, but never seen a 914 H4 housing.
Mikey914
I have a day off the training tomorrow, I'll get a pic up tomorrow for you and get these listed. I have a few sets in stock. The H$ housing is also installed in the picture Rob has (the brighter one. Basically it has indentations that line up with the headlight housing ring.

Mark
ConeDodger
It looks almost exactly like a stock original sealed beam except the bulb unplugs from the back where the sealed beam is... well, sealed.

In my picture, both are H4 headlight housings. One has, as I said, an H4 bulb, the other an LED bulb. The H4 is a 3000 lumen bulb. It now resides in my son Nicho's 944. He also has the spare bulbs that came with the new H4 housings Mark sent me. Not sure what lumen they are.
Mikey914
These are in in a limited quantity (had more but have been selling off website).

They are actually a Phillips chip (some say it some don't) and are waterproof. These are the best bang for the buck we could find. We literally looked at over a dozen potential vendors. They are not apples to apples. I do have some cheaper samples we have ordered that I may be able to make available but they are not truly water tight, as bright, some were just not built as well.

They also cost more than we had anticipated, but in our opinion worth every penny. We did keep the GB price about the same ($2 more), but there's not much margin on these at the sale price.

On sale now
http://shop.914rubber.com/LED-Headlight-bu...m?categoryId=-1

Also have the lenses for those that need them

http://shop.914rubber.com/H4-Glass-Housing...eg-bulbs-H4.htm

Mikey914
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jul 10 2017, 10:01 PM) *

Anyone have a pic of a 914 H4 housing. I know what a 911 H4 housing looks like, but never seen a 914 H4 housing.
Mikey914
disreguard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.