Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Suspension 'Jig'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bates
I am in need of a front suspension jig measurements to fabricate one.
I need the angle of the front suspension points particularly, also the center to center measurements from the front diagonals to the mid suspension bosses.

Thanks for any help, diagrams etc.
mb911
QUOTE(Ecke Liebhaber @ Nov 29 2016, 12:09 PM) *

I am in need of a front suspension jig measurements to fabricate one.
I need the angle of the front suspension points particularly, also the center to center measurements from the front diagonals to the mid suspension bosses.

Thanks for any help, diagrams etc.

I know jmill has one.
jmill
http://www.914world.com/specs/underdims.php

I made one. The price to ship would be way more than it's worth. Best bet would be to find someone with a straight 914 and Make one. Check my sig for pics of how I did it. It's ugly but functional.

Added pic so you don't have to search for it. I had a rusty but straight front clip to work off of.

Bates
JMill, Thanks. Your chassis had the same issue I am facing. Front of right suspension is about 3/4" higher than spec, front of that fender needs replacing.
I agree about shipping and the jig, I'll be making one similar to yours based on factory dimensions and the two cars I have here to measure.

The fore/aft dimensions on my car are still correct, front is just raised, the floor is riased at and angle going back to the fuel tank bulkhead. The driver's side looks perfect, so that measurement will be my control (car is currently on a rolling cart, hard to get an accurate measurement, the donor car's front end has been removed, so pretty easy to get accurate measurements.

I measured the angles of my donor car, which has not been hit, but has a fair amount of rust in some areas, and the front suspension mounts measure 11-12 degrees on both side from level.

I'll post pictures on my next post.

Thanks again.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.