Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hershey 2017 unofficial thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
BeatNavy
+1 Friday drive. Be nice to Bob. Maybe he'll organize it again smile.gif

It would be really nice if could we request PA put no construction vehicles on our route. I think we ended up behind one going 20 mph for about 15 minutes of our drive last year mad.gif
914dave
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 14 2017, 02:25 PM) *

It would be really nice if could we request PA put no construction vehicles on our route. I think we ended up behind one going 20 mph for about 15 minutes of our drive last year mad.gif

I can agree about the construction vehicles . But do we really have to be nice to Bob? wink.gif
cantley914
Where have all you guys booked? Where will we have our annual parking lot beer and jerrycan drink?
hot_shoe914
I fully intend to be there this year since I have skipped the last two. However, due to surgery on my left shoulder at 5:00 in the morning, I doubt I will be driving a 914, but not totally ruling it out. Might trailer one up.

As for lodging, Knights Inn is tradition and all you need to make it bearable is a few shots from the gas can!

Click to view attachment

Shoe
beerchug.gif
Unobtanium-inc
I got my Hershey reg today, we are in booth C57-60, our favorite spot, the C row.

Hope to see everyone stop by for a FREE gift bag, I'll put some special 914 ones aside, just tell my mom you want a 914 one.
80cap
icon_bump.gif
80cap
Just booked a room at Rodeway Inn & Suites. beer3.gif
I don't have any knowledge about this place any feed back would be helpful.
80cap
Is the rodeway the 43 dollar dump? The price I reserved was 125 plus tax. It has decent reviews.
Brian
rgolia
no you should be good there. The Knights Inn is the party one and as long as you have had some or a lot of the juice from the gas can its not bad. barf.gif I moved to the Super 8 with some of the crew this year.
BENBRO02
QUOTE(Big Len @ Dec 31 2016, 06:47 PM) *

" ask my mom questions about my childhood." That's a BIG mistake.

And no more Knight's Inn for me. You should have seen the room we had last year, right out of India, New Delhi probably and adjacent to the highway. You guy's remember that wonderful aroma from the farm directly behind after they put down their manure? No, I can't do it. I don't need the Park Avenue Hilton, but Jesus Christ, give me something without all the spiders, the noise, the stink, and a 7 year old mattress. No, I just can't.

I've stayed at a Knight's Inn in Carolina that was also scary bad. Sleep in a 914 would be better.
dflesburg
We are staying home and getting the last 2.0 completed. Everyone have a great time and maybe we will see you there next year.
saigon71

Yes, we'll have a Friday drive again. Steve & I are working out the logistics. driving.gif

I'll place a call to the PA DOT to make sure construction vehicles are off the road that day. smile.gif Or was it a tractor we got stuck behind?
914dave
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 9 2017, 02:27 PM) *

Yes, we'll have a Friday drive again. Steve & I are working out the logistics. driving.gif

I'll place a call to the PA DOT to make sure construction vehicles are off the road that day. smile.gif Or was it a tractor we got stuck behind?

Will the BBQ place be Divine?
db9146
How's the Super 8 in Harrisburg? I've done the Knights inn thing.....once.

The Econolodge in Harrisburg (495 Eisenhower) is about 8 miles away but it looks like a good rate and has good ratings. Anybody stayed there?
rothaus
I will be there as well. Will display my LED lights for instrument, external, and headlights, plus some other items.

Cheers
Engelbert
mepstein
QUOTE(rothaus @ Mar 10 2017, 01:25 PM) *

I will be there as well. Will display my LED lights for instrument, external, and headlights, plus some other items.

Cheers
Engelbert

Great. Looking forward to meeting you. You make a lot of cool stuff.
Zippy69
Is it really worth spending $168/night at the Super 8
vs.
$94/night at the Knights Inn?

Trying to figure out where to bring the Gas Can????

Where are the fun people staying? beerchug.gif
mepstein
I'm staying at Americas Best Value Inn $99. Palmyra PA. 6 miles/15 minutes to the park. My wife always reads the reviews and books my trips. I previously stayed at cocoa inn but their reviews have gone way down.

I'm not one of the fun people, I just like a decent room and a good night sleep.
stevegm
I'm no fun, either. We always bring our kids. We just find a room outside of town on the way.
wndsnd
I just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Hershey which was high end for $139.00. However for the Porsche trip I will be at a Holiday Inn as I do not have enough points at Hilton yet. But next year, that is where I will be.

Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Mar 10 2017, 02:39 PM) *

I just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Hershey which was high end for $139.00. However for the Porsche trip I will be at a Holiday Inn as I do not have enough points at Hilton yet. But next year, that is where I will be.

You'll find that most of the hotels jack of prices and points needed at Hershey. We use Choice Hotels on the road and I tried to use points at the Comfort Inn at Hershey, normally it takes 8000-10000 points, they wanted 25000 for Hershey.
Big Len
QUOTE(Zippy69 @ Mar 10 2017, 03:02 PM) *

vs.

Paul - Prices have gone up over the last month. I booked at $108/night in January. Same room now is $154 - one room left according to web site - http://www.hotelsone.com/hershey-hotels-us....html?q=rmcnf:1 [2,0];dsti:474687;dstt:8;lbl:g_167899936746;frm:9;sort:0_desc;cur:USD;dsts:Hersh
ey;start:2017-04-21;end:2017-04-23;rad:0;wa:0;sf:1;#availableRoomsDiv
wndsnd
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Mar 10 2017, 06:14 PM) *

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Mar 10 2017, 02:39 PM) *

You'll find that most of the hotels jack of prices and points needed at Hershey. We use Choice Hotels on the road and I tried to use points at the Comfort Inn at Hershey, normally it takes 8000-10000 points, they wanted 25000 for Hershey.

Yes that is the case. That's why we are about 6 miles out. BASTARDS!
Big Len
I thought by now, especially with the warm February, that I'd be taking the car out of hibernation, but with a major winter storm heading this way, it's gonna have to stay garaged. It's all Epstein's fault.
Zippy69
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 10 2017, 03:56 PM) *

vs.

Paul - Prices have gone up over the last month. I booked at $108/night in January. Same room now is $154 - one room left according to web site - http://www.hotelsone.com/hershey-hotels-us....html?q=rmcnf:1 [2,0];dsti:474687;dstt:8;lbl:g_167899936746;frm:9;sort:0_desc;cur:USD;dsts:Hersh

Yea...with tax and hotel fees = $168/night bs.gif
Big Len
Yeah, but it includes hot breakfast. I've seen you two eat, so you'll make up for the room price.
rgolia
[quote name='Zippy69' date='Mar 11 2017, 08:10 AM' post='2462831']
[quote name='Big Len' post='2462683' date='Mar 10 2017, 03:56 PM']
[quote name='Zippy69' post='2462603' date='Mar 10 2017, 03:02 PM']
vs.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Yea...with tax and hotel fees = $168/night bs.gif

Bring the gas can to a new level...the super 8.....and next time book early. I'll throw in a bottle of my wine to offset your cost.
mepstein
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 11 2017, 07:48 AM) *

I thought by now, especially with the warm February, that I'd be taking the car out of hibernation, but with a major winter storm heading this way, it's gonna have to stay garaged. It's all Epstein's fault.

Usually is. biggrin.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 11 2017, 05:36 AM) *

Yeah, but it includes hot breakfast. I've seen you two eat, so you'll make up for the room price.

The problem with the free breakfast is it starts at 6, and I'm gone by 5. Normally that's why I stay at Comfort Inn's, because the breakfast is good, but it doesn't help at Hershey. Sometimes it's strange, like the smell of chlorine with eggs...
db9146
I booked the Super 8 in Harrisburg for $65.49 total for Friday night. I'll be driving home Saturday after the event.
hot_shoe914

vs.

Please tell me the gas can is coming@
GaroldShaffer
Room booked at the lovely Knights Inn icon8.gif Hey it's a bed & shower, don't plan to live there. biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 13 2017, 03:04 PM) *

Room booked at the lovely Knights Inn icon8.gif Hey it's a bed & shower, don't plan to live there. biggrin.gif

I'm booked at America's Best Value Inn. Hard to beat $70 a night for a king.

See you all in April

Shoe
beerchug.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 10 2017, 04:20 PM) *

I'm staying at Americas Best Value Inn $99. Palmyra PA. 6 miles/15 minutes to the park. My wife always reads the reviews and books my trips. I previously stayed at cocoa inn but their reviews have gone way down.

I'm not one of the fun people, I just like a decent room and a good night sleep.

I am booked there too, but got my room a little cheaper. See you soon.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
Olympic 914
Looks like I will miss this one. Conflicting plans.

The Knights Inn didn't bother me, Some of the places I've stayed when on hunting trips would make the Bates Motel seem cheery.

Have Fun guys.

Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Olympic 1.7 @ Mar 14 2017, 06:28 AM) *

Looks like I will miss this one. Conflicting plans.

The Knights Inn didn't bother me, Some of the places I've stayed when on hunting trips would make the Bates Motel seem cheery.

Have Fun guys.

My brother was on the road one time and there was a Motel 6, well known, and the little known Motel 5. Well the 5 was a whole $15 cheaper so he and his friend went with the 5. It was a little grimy but the light of day was what really showed how scary it was. When he woke up the sun was shining on the ceiling and he saw what look like lines, but they were slightly dotted and a magenta color. It took a minute to realize it was blood. Years later I was talking to a former junky who knew exactly what the lines were. Apparently a pastime of junkies in crap hotel rooms is while you are laying high on the bed you have a syringe with blood in it, and it's a game to make lines on the ceiling.
Don't stay at crap hotels, just don't.
hot_shoe914
icon_bump.gif
dcheek
My buddy needs the following items for his project
See thread titled "914 Score of the Century" in the Garage.

For a 1974 914:

-Complete stock black interior including door panels.
-Windshield
-Rear Spoiler - The short one that bolts to the lid
-Stock seat belts with retractors.

Let me know what you got and how much. We can do the deal(s) at Hershey.

Dave
Peashooter
I have a few things I'd like to sell, but not enough to justify a booth spot for sure. Is there a place there where a guy can sell a couple items with raising the ire of the show folks?
mepstein
QUOTE(Peashooter @ Mar 17 2017, 12:22 PM) *

I have a few things I'd like to sell, but not enough to justify a booth spot for sure. Is there a place there where a guy can sell a couple items with raising the ire of the show folks?

I've never had problem with people laying a couple things down in my spot. I can only bring what fits in a 914 anyway. biggrin.gif
914forme
They do not have an informal place where you can open your suitcase and sell Porsche parts. Might not be a bad idea to have a small section like that of table space areas for people thou. Charge a small fee for the privilege and be done.

I have pre sold items in the past and delivered at the show, that is pretty easy to do.
Unobtanium-inc
A Couple years back they started making everyone buy two spots, the result was a lot of guys with a blanket of stuff, and a lot of empty space. So if you're looking for a corner of someone's spot, it shouldn't be hard to find. We get 4 spaces, but I've already commited to three friends who want "just a corner", but trust me there is a lot of space out there.

Hope to see everyone there, we are in Booth C60, look for the Wrights! Lots of FREE stuff.
hot_shoe914
icon_bump.gif
mepstein
Waiting on the packet for the paid vendor spots
injunmort
did all my buying in the parking lot of the knights inn on friday last year.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 25 2017, 08:46 AM) *

I got mine several weeks ago, you should reach out to the Hershey folks, the last time I didn't get mine with everyone else, they had forgotten me and I ended up on F row, i.e. Siberia. Shoot me an email if you need a direct link.
mepstein
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Mar 26 2017, 12:32 AM) *

I got mine several weeks ago, you should reach out to the Hershey folks, the last time I didn't get mine with everyone else, they had forgotten me and I ended up on F row, i.e. Siberia. Shoot me an email if you need a direct link.

I did email them and they said some packets were sent 2 days ago and some will be sent this week. They probably forgot me as well
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 26 2017, 07:28 AM) *

I did email them and they said some packets were sent 2 days ago and some will be sent this week. They probably forgot me as well

I haven't received mine yet either sad.gif If nothing is here by Tuesday I will email them also.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 26 2017, 08:13 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 26 2017, 07:28 AM) *

I haven't received mine yet either sad.gif If nothing is here by Tuesday I will email them also.

Yeah, don't assume you are taken care of, there is nothing worse then getting there the morning of and having to wait in the left line. See everybody there, Big John will be showing feats of great strength!
Zippy69
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 13 2017, 09:17 AM) *

vs.

Please tell me the gas can is coming@

Yes, The gas can will make it's appearance again! This time at America's Best Value Inn. All are welcome to partake. piratenanner.gif

Super 8 is way to expensive to justify!

Looks like we did a fine job of splitting up the party this year...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.