Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slobber bottles...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
J P Stein
A word for those considering mounting a "Breather" on the outside of your puke tank.
The puke tank will catch the fluids, the breather will catch much of the vaporous shittage....unfortunately, it will do it outside the tank.
MJHanna
I used the one with the drain pulg in the bottom. much easier to empty
Oracle
FYI

Here is the summit bottle with new connectors (it comes with only one) and it's threaded, I thought these would work better.
Oracle
Here it is bolted down...
Eric_Shea
It's Here! It's May 4th and it's here!! ohmy.gif

Hey, if you happen to operate or work for a "Parts House" of sorts and you're looking for a good example of service.

1. Ordered Online on May 2nd. (said it was "In Stock" and it turns out it really was!)
2. Checked tha catalog box so I might take a peek and possibly order more in the future.
3. May 4th, order arrives.
4. Product is of "better" quality than expected and 1/3rd the price of others.
5. Catalog is in the box as requested.
6. Summit Racing "Hat" is also in the box sized to fit.

Can't do much better than that. Period. Going to leaf through the catalog now to see if I can give them any more of my loot wink.gif
J P Stein
If Summit was in the Porsche parts biddness, a goodly number of rest of these outfits wouldn't be.
sixnotfour
Jegs is another Hot Rod supplier that is quick and correct. have some different items but alot of the same.
mskala
Lawrence, I thought your car was kinda stock, if you use the
stock air cleaner it already has connection to the oil tank vent
line.

Is it sacrilege to run a porsche air box around here? unsure.gif
(I did cut off the snorkel)
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (mskala @ May 4 2005, 07:35 PM)
Lawrence, I thought your car was kinda stock, if you use the
stock air cleaner it already has connection to the oil tank vent
line.

the purple people eater has carbs.

he could run them into the aircleaners if he wishes.
Rusty
QUOTE (mskala @ May 4 2005, 09:35 PM)
Lawrence, I thought your car was kinda stock, if you use the stock air cleaner it already has connection to the oil tank vent line.

You're referring to my 914/6 right?

I removed and stored the stock airbox and am running K&N filters with water shields. That change really brightens up the engine compartment. wub.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE (Oracle @ May 3 2005, 06:02 PM)
Here it is bolted down...

Cool, so you are running a line from each of the heads to this? Then using the drain in the bottom to drain it every now and then. Could you run the drain line back into the oil-filler? I like the looks of that setup...are there any baffles etc inside the bottle to keep oil from slashing out of the filter?
rhodyguy
here you go read this one.

k
rhodyguy
the one from summit is MUCH too large for the engine compartment.

k
Eric_Shea
idea.gif There's a picture of it mounted in the engine compartment on page 3 of this thread... confused24.gif
rhodyguy
the wife asked me if i knew there was a box for me on the porch a while ago. i'll clarify a bit. it's MUCH too large for my [I]taste[I]. the design is what i like but the 1 quart capacity is a bit of over kill and the drain petcock is way down there . i figured the mounting hardware was a bracket of some sort. you have to take out the back pad, drill a couple of holes, and bolt it on through the cabin side (i can f that up no problem). the local flaps sells the pleated style breather filter on its own. i'll get one and look for a bicyle bottle (smaller) with the fancy chrome bracket. i hope the return shipping isn't to steep. we need a dollar bill down the drain smiley. back to the drawing board.

k
Eric_Shea
Just think of all the things you could do/fix once the interior was out idea.gif

laugh.gif
rhodyguy
LEAVE ME ALONE!!! biggrin.gif i've just gotten well. changed the oil yesterday and put the car promptly back on the ground. dry.gif

k
Joe Bob
PANSY....I just finished the brake light fix, the CAMP 914 driving lights are in and now gonna tackle the Rennshifter.......HEY was "I" the first ecomm buyer????
rhodyguy
well i guess you're all kinds of legal now mike. chairfall.gif

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.