Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My rant
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
KELTY360
QUOTE(mbseto @ Jul 20 2017, 07:44 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 19 2017, 07:55 PM) *

what's the difference between and rant and a whine? laugh.gif

whine: Oh, why do bad things always happen to me?
rant: I'm going to hunt that guy down and make bad things happen to him!

Classic Homer Simpson whine: "Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening me?"
Elliot Cannon
[quote name='Robnxious' date='Jul 20 2017, 08:10 AM' post='2508283']
[/quote]

Some are professional ranters. Some are professional whiners. So, what's the difference between and rant and a whine? laugh.gif
[/quote]

A rant is when you do it
A whine is when someone else does it

biggrin.gif
[/quote]

Perfect answer. flag.gif laugh.gif
second wind
Forgive me.....I have to speak up...that car is a toilet and even for free it is not worth it.....jus' sayin'..... buy a real car and spend 10 years or more like the rest of us making it nice.....it takes time but oh so much fun.....wait for the real deal....my favorite Gunsmoke quote..." I wouldn't take that car on a whiskey bet"....what a piece of shit.....horrible!!!! count your blessings.....
gg
Frankvw
With that yellow one in LA you even get a free Nutribullet with it ! smile.gif
somd914
If the shoe were on the other foot, i.e. you bought a real bargain and flipped it for a nice profit, would you be ranting or bragging? Everybody wants capitalism and a free market as a seller but not as a buyer...

Anyway, for $2,500 you should expect a 914 with major issues such as the extensive rust. Agree with others, celebrate the fact the you didn't buy this car, especially for $3,500 rather than $2,500.

BTW, I found both of my 914s through Cars and Coffee, Katie's in Great Falls, VA actually. Both by word of mouth. If you don't already, attend such gatherings, get to know the regular attendees, be patient, and you might be surprised what good deals can come along from these contacts.
gms
I think i found something for you...although it is missing a wheel and the targa
biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Cracker
But less than $2500?

T

QUOTE(gms @ Jul 21 2017, 12:46 PM) *

I think i found something for you...although it is missing a wheel and the targa
biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

gms
QUOTE(Cracker @ Jul 21 2017, 11:50 AM) *

But less than $2500?

T

biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

hey it ran when he parked it!

Click to view attachment
gms
also includes RARE luggage rack!

Click to view attachment
gms
Oh wait, it does not run now...dammit!
KELTY360
QUOTE(gms @ Jul 21 2017, 09:57 AM) *

QUOTE(Cracker @ Jul 21 2017, 11:50 AM) *

But less than $2500?

T

biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

hey it ran when he parked it!

Click to view attachment

Don't you mean he ran when he parked it?
nditiz1
So somebody did BIN for the full $7800 WTF.gif wonder if the guy will get paid after the buyer sees it in person.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Jul 21 2017, 01:41 PM) *

So somebody did BIN for the full $7800 WTF.gif wonder if the guy will get paid after the buyer sees it in person.

Relisted.

Ain't this some stromberg.gif
"The story of this car is as follows:

I purchased it due to my never ending obsession of Porsches (currently have a Carrera Targa SC, 944 Turbo, Cayenne) and other VW Auto Group brands (also own an RS6, S8, Jetta) --- have owned many many others. I pursued this car as it had very very minimal rust and if you're looking at this car you know that is VERY RARE. Most importantly --- the car has original pans, etc. which is again a rare occurrence considering most other 914's you see for sale have been chop-shopped. Upon purchasing it, driving it home for 2 hours and parking it in my garage (previous owner kept it indoors as well) I came to realize that I have way too many projects going on and I really need to finish my SC build prior to starting an another one. With that said --- I have decided to sell this 914 and will also be listing my 1987.5 944 turbo as well in the near future as I need space and could also use the funds to finally finish my 911."
banananose914
Ha, ha! That guy's a loser!
Porschef
Jeez, what a load of stromberg.gif . Nice bs.gif story. How poetic.

And as far as the OP goes, as many wise ones have stated in this thread, be very glad you didn't spend your money. Take a deep breath, wipe your brow with the back of your hand, say WHEW!, and keep looking. It'll happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.