Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fighting allstate over cars value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
horizontally-opposed
So cool to see this gold 914 lived on—it's truly a great looking build, and the repairs and paint sure look good in the video. So it's in Lithuania now?
Jett
Great to see it back on the road... We saw this car many times in Kirkland cruising the beach smile.gif
brcacti
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Feb 2 2020, 08:08 AM) *

2 year old post

.......Ha, I also noticed that but someone revived it type.gif
North Coast Jim
Sorry your going though this hassle.

Had a similar issue after hitting a 100 lb dog. Not as extensive as yours but still an issue that took a couple months to remedy. It can be fixed. By the way the dog is OK.

Replaced the bumper, bumper top , hood release and air dam. Damage was to the front sheet metal making the trunk/hood unable to open. Creased the fender adjacent to the hood and next to the turn signal indicator. Trunk damage at inner fender location. All was pulled/pushed out successfully. Had paint left over. Headlight bucket cover and eyebrow also painted.

After all was done you cannot tell that the car was damaged at all. Cost for insurance was $7000 and it took 6 weeks.

As it's not my daily driver I could wait.

My insurance, Progressive, made it all happen with little to no hassle for me. Helped that the shop in Columbus Ohio handles Porsche 914 work. They even had a brand new bumper in primer !!! Last one though.

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Its revived for a happy end to the bs.Brad went through.. thumb3d.gif Lithuania
mlindner
As fare as it being totaled. The statement is " They have to make you whole".
So you find a like replacement for sale or not for sake in that good of condition etc.
Could be $28/30/35,000. And that is they have to pay you. And at the same time negotiate the buy back. I've used the whole statement three times, worked every time. Best, Mark
StarBear
CHeck out The Mart toward the end of each issue of Panorama magazine. Might try to get some recent back issues, too. That's why I have an "agreed upon value" insurance policy. Good luck and best wishes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.