Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Direction and Advice to stay "Original"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Oct 28 2017, 09:44 AM) *

20+ years ago no one cared about these cars. In 2017 and beyond, they are becoming collector cars, fun ones at that.

I took my Dad's car, he bought in 1976, and did what I wanted. Faster, tighter, lots of feedback. Now that I'm pushing 50, I will take it fairly close back to stock, not it's fairly bland PCA COA stock, but I just don't need the mods based on how I drive it, and there's a true joy in driving an underpowered stock 914. Dad's car its twilight deserves such grace.

That said, I would trade my museum quality steel flared /6 for a street / ax car in a heartbeat, because driving a 914 hard and fast is still quite a thrill. One which I miss.

At the end of the day, do what YOU want to do. Unmolested silver is one of the best 914 colors (next to Olympic Blue), and I purposely avoid seeing Rob's car (ConeDodger) because I'd probably soil myself.

Huh??? blink.gif
Cairo94507
Rob - Your car looks great! beerchug.gif

I was fortunate when I bought my car it came with the seller's note book where he documented all of his gasoline, oil changes, maintenance and you can watch it accumulate miles over the years to support the mileage on the working odometer of 89K when I bought it.

When I had the speedometer rebuilt, I upgraded to a later unit with another digit so when it rolled over it would not be lost and start at zero. I made sure to keep the mileage accurate on the odometer. Now when it hits 100K it will show that on the new speedo.

Yeah, I know, that extra digit is not stock... slap.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 29 2017, 10:43 AM) *

Rob - Your car looks great! beerchug.gif

I was fortunate when I bought my car it came with the seller's note book where he documented all of his gasoline, oil changes, maintenance and you can watch it accumulate miles over the years to support the mileage on the working odometer of 89K when I bought it.

When I had the speedometer rebuilt, I upgraded to a later unit with another digit so when it rolled over it would not be lost and start at zero. I made sure to keep the mileage accurate on the odometer. Now when it hits 100K it will show that on the new speedo.

Yeah, I know, that extra digit is not stock... slap.gif

Thank you. I was just concerned with which bodily fluid Ways was going to soil himself with! blink.gif

Your car is going to be incredible!
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Oct 26 2017, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 26 2017, 07:20 PM) *

QUOTE(DM_2000 @ Oct 26 2017, 04:14 PM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Oct 26 2017, 01:17 AM) *

Also remove the odometer.

Nothing like a bit of fraud. . .Fail. . .

What's mine is mine.
And
This is what happens when you fuuuck
A stranger in the ass

Walter from the big lebowski

Do you ever have anything relevant to say?

Only in his own mind. Besides that, no!
914_7T3
QUOTE(Ruprect006 @ Oct 27 2017, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Oct 26 2017, 08:42 PM) *

As a fellow '73 2.0 owner and proponent of originality, I have previously acquired a duplicate set of date stamped 1973 gauges with a corresponding wiring harness.

My plan was to hoard them just in case I ever needed them, but would like to offer them up for sale to you. Even the clock is working and keeps perfect time. Bought them from someone who stored them in tubs for over 30 years after the car was long gone.

If you are interested please PM me.

beerchug.gif

I am interested and I tried to PM you, but I don't see where it work. Do you have any pictures, and how much are they?

Thanks! smile.gif

The hands still have the orange color with little to no fading. Clock keeps perfect time and temperature gauge has also been tested in my car. The harness was recently acquired and sold to me as tested.

Please email your mobile number to jeffreydi26@gmail.com and we can discuss or text. Thanks.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment

914_7T3
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Oct 29 2017, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Ruprect006 @ Oct 27 2017, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Oct 26 2017, 08:42 PM) *

As a fellow '73 2.0 owner and proponent of originality, I have previously acquired a duplicate set of date stamped 1973 gauges with a corresponding wiring harness.

My plan was to hoard them just in case I ever needed them, but would like to offer them up for sale to you. Even the clock is working and keeps perfect time. Bought them from someone who stored them in tubs for over 30 years after the car was long gone.

If you are interested please PM me.

beerchug.gif

I am interested and I tried to PM you, but I don't see where it work. Do you have any pictures, and how much are they?

Thanks! smile.gif

The hands still have the orange color with little to no fading. Clock keeps perfect time and temperature gauge has also been tested in my car. The harness was recently acquired and sold to me as tested.

Please email your mobile number to jeffreydi26@gmail.com and we can discuss or text. Thanks.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Wanted to help out the OP and have not heard a reply so will now be moving these over to the FS thread. I now need to sell them to fund the restoration of the remaining gauges on my resto project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.