Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something Evil This Way Comes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 13 2018, 06:05 PM) *

With the power of creation comes great responsibility. Took it out for first test drive. Still have some tuning to do but happy with the results. The sound the throttle bodies make combined with the Tangerine Evo exhaust is staggering and fast.

So when I get it sorted I will have to decide if I use this power for good or evil? idea.gif

Pretty sure from the looks I got from people tonight I am leaning toward evil!

Told you that you would love it....I told Chris that the sound puts a smile on that you couldn't wipe off with a handful of hundred dollar bills!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ May 15 2018, 02:55 AM) *

With the power of creation comes great responsibility. Took it out for first test drive. Still have some tuning to do but happy with the results. The sound the throttle bodies make combined with the Tangerine Evo exhaust is staggering and fast.

So when I get it sorted I will have to decide if I use this power for good or evil? idea.gif

Told you that you would love it....I told Chris that the sound puts a smile on that you couldn't wipe off with a handful of hundred dollar bills!

It is hard to communicate that feeling of how hard it is to remove that smile, to those that have never experienced the success of going through the creation process.

Not that the EVO did not sound good on the previous engine, but I think this new engine really takes advantage of the design and sound it is suppose to produce.

Going to have to save many handfuls of hundred dollar bills and look at the headers!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 15 2018, 11:01 AM) *

It is hard to communicate that feeling of how hard it is to remove that smile, to those that have never experienced the success of going through the creation process.

Not that the EVO did not sound good on the previous engine, but I think this new engine really takes advantage of the design and sound it is suppose to produce.

Going to have to save many handfuls of hundred dollar bills and look at the headers!

well I have a feeling I will have to follow you this Okteenerfest , not the other way around!- well , unless of course you have not improved the suspension to match that HP! poke.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Philip W. @ May 15 2018, 07:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ May 15 2018, 11:01 AM) *

well I have a feeling I will have to follow you this Okteenerfest , not the other way around!- well , unless of course you have not improved the suspension to match that HP! poke.gif

Some minor suspension upgrades. Rear sway bar, Koni adjustable front shocks, 914 Rubber Front Shock bushings, Tarett adjustable front sway bar links, and all new rear suspension bushings. Think I am good. May need a driver capable of using these upgrades though!

Funny though just adding the rear sway bar gave the car a better feel. Have not had the chance to see how it impacted under steer or over steer nut it just feels better.
Mblizzard
Updated badging just in case someone wants to see what they are playing with. Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
The evil is progressing slowly. But a few additions to the front suspension.

Click to view attachment

Fully adjustable in the front now!

A small increase in braking.

Click to view attachment

Added some adjustment to the sway bar.

Click to view attachment

More evil to come.
Mblizzard
Dyno Tune scheduled for July 12!
Mblizzard
Had some set up issues so did not push it all that hard. Identified some changes to make but fairly happy for a first run.

Pretty good torque at about 114 horsepower and 125 foot-pounds of torque at the wheels. Got out of it pretty early on that run, was having some coil issues, and a few Micro squirt issues so maybe there is more?

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.