Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Gathering & Vintage Race @ Laguna Seca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
olav
Here's the turn out for Sat. The race cars came and joined us at the club corral too.

smilie_pokal.gif

14 cars in all.
olav

We all got to go around the track a couple of times.

Here we are at the cork screw...

neo914-6
Thanks for the ride Olav and very nice clean -6!
neo914-6
other side...

notice Joe Sharps 914club "Tech" trailer, Leo's pop-top VW, Paul's HHR rental, and my W9124 Benz under the 914 tent...
neo914-6
Jim Tabor giving advise to Mike, Mark, Linda, and Joe...
neo914-6
Repair advise to Mark and Joe on his nice -6...
butch
great event. hard to describe how cool it is to have the whole facillity to ourselves. No crowds. Little policing, Waaaay cool. Tho I brought my skateboard to ride down the corkscrew, and that didn't happen...

I can't do tomorrow, but next year I will race and hang the entire weekend!
neo914-6
QUOTE (butch @ Oct 29 2005, 06:13 PM)
great event.  hard to describe how cool it is to have the whole facillity to ourselves.  No crowds.  Little policing,  Waaaay cool.  Tho I brought my skateboard to ride down the corkscrew, and that didn't happen...

I can't do tomorrow, but next year I will race and hang the entire weekend!

Yep, it was painfull not to have a 914 there but at least we showed. Next year will be a real 914 fest with more than 14 914s! Hat's off to Andy for picking up the ball. smilie_pokal.gif

Mike, Mark, and Jon (couldn't make it) before we headed to Laguna Seca... We "could" have towed neo914-6 there... laugh.gif
olav
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Oct 29 2005, 05:53 PM)
Thanks for the ride Olav and very nice clean -6!

My pleasure Felix. Thanks for taking the pics in the car during the 2 cold wink.gif laps of Laguna Seca.

More people next year would be coolest. beerchug.gif
olav

Here's a pic of Felix, Mueller, Andy, I forgot the name with a six conversion at the food station of the trailer. Joe Sharp, Jay, Mark et al milling about relaxing, milling about.
McMark
Secret Insider Info. Great to see everybody and see all the cool cars. Sorry we couldn't stay longer.
Leo Imperial
Got some good pics today. Wish I didn't have to leave after the parade laps.
Leo Imperial
Lets see if I can get this right.
Leo Imperial
Hi Linda.
Leo Imperial
914club brick at the corkscrew.
Leo Imperial
pray.gif
Leo Imperial
drooley.gif
Leo Imperial
Now for a series on the course:
Leo Imperial
Leo Imperial
Leo Imperial
Leo Imperial
Leo Imperial
Look at all that color
Leo Imperial
More of those great colors
Leo Imperial
And a great ass shot
Leo Imperial
Joe did a great job getting everyone in line. It was worth the effort. Sorry I had to leave so early. I hope you guys and gals are having a blast tonight. Elvis says hello.
jgara962
Great event and thanks to Andy for all of the work he put in to it smilie_pokal.gif

Here are a few of my photo's to add. My friend took a bunch during the parade lap, so I will post those once I get them from him.

Here's me trying to catch up to everyone on 2nd the parade lap. I guess that's what you get for not paying attention to the time headbang.gif
jgara962
Long view of us finishing the parade lap.
jgara962
Start of the big bore sprint race
jgara962
jgara962
Down by turn 4
jgara962
Another
rick 918-S
smilie_pokal.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif rocking nana.gif monkeydance.gif drooley.gif
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
butch
so I just talked to the guy with my motor; it should be togethere soon.

Point is, I will be racing a 914 this season, and surely do the SCCA Vintage event nest fall.

We gonna have a 914 race, Andy? Want help promoting the idea?
SirAndy
QUOTE (butch @ Nov 4 2005, 11:02 AM)
We gonna have a 914 race, Andy? Want help promoting the idea?

it's in the works ... contact me offline if you want to help ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
GTeener
Looks like it was a fun day. Too bad I was out of town.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.