Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Gathering & Vintage Race @ Laguna Seca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
jimtab
WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

IF YOU HAD PLANNED, AS I HAD, TO TAKE HWY 1 DOWN TO THE RACES BE AWARE THAT THE PUMPKIN FESTIVAL IS NEXT WEEKEND IN HALF MOON BAY AND THE COAST HWY AND HWY 92 WILL BOTH BE A COMPLETE CHARLES FOXTROT SITUATION.......WARNING WARNING WARNING....YOU HAVE NO IDEA......
richardL
Are you guys going both days, or mainly on one day? If so, which day?

R
SirAndy
QUOTE (richardL @ Oct 10 2005, 06:13 PM)

i'll be there all 3 days, friday, saturday and sunday ...

boldblue.gif Andy
olav
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 10 2005, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (richardL @ Oct 10 2005, 06:13 PM)

i'll be there all 3 days, friday, saturday and sunday ...

boldblue.gif Andy

What are the hours of this event each day?

SirAndy
QUOTE (olav @ Oct 10 2005, 06:43 PM)
What are the hours of this event each day?

je ne sais pas ...

more info here:
http://www.sfrscca.org/RoadRacing/Vintage/index.html
SirAndy
QUOTE (9146R @ Oct 9 2005, 08:57 AM)
Looking fwd to learning what VLMMM has planned for our group....thanks for working with them on our behalf.

meeting with Pam from VL-Magazine and Bruce from SCCA today for lunch.

i'll let you guys know how it went ...
chowtime.gif Andy
9146R
I plan to be there Saturday....look fwd to hearing what Andy learns at lunch.

Not racing - due to lack of SCCA required mod's and licensing. Thanks Andy for your perserverance on this....hope we get a good showing.
Greg
SirAndy
QUOTE (9146R @ Oct 13 2005, 12:30 PM)
Not racing - due to lack of SCCA required mod's and licensing.

you don't need a scca license, just a scca membership (for insurance purposes) ...
a valid PCA license will do!

ok, here's the scoop:

i'll be there thursday night (track opens at 5pm thurs.) and set up the tent(s) early friday morning.
friday is going to be "Test" day. if you're running sat./sun. and want to get your car sorted out and setup for the track, friday is the day to do so.
when you sign up for the event, you have to specify that you're going to run friday as well.
also, friday is a 92db day! keep that in mind. VLM will have a muffler guy on site all weekend, just in case. smile.gif

for the actual race on sat. and sun. the noise limit is 101db ..

we will have tents and space in the paddock itself and a 914 corral somewhere on the outskirts, exact location TBA (so you don't have to park with the "common" folks) ...
those of you who race that weekend are welcome to set up with us in the paddock if you wish.

there will be a party in the paddock sat. night with lots and lots of food and booze, curtesy of VLM!

there will be parade laps, exactly how many is still unclear at this point, but it most certainly will be more than the 1 lap we had at the WCC.

so far, five 914s have signed up for the race. unfortunately, there's a PRC race at sears point the same weekend and a lot of the local 914 racers have opted to run there instead. sad.gif

anyhow, i'm hoping to get a strong "support" showing and if this event goes well, VLM would like to turn this into a annual thing, with the 914 as the feature marque and maybe even our very own rungroup! (we'd need about 20 cars for that)
smilie_pokal.gif

the weekend will also have a feature in VL-Magazine and Pam suggested that if we can find a volunteer (hint, hint) with a 914-6, she would like to add an article showing different mufflers setups and their db/HP output.
this would obviously involve some dyno time as well ...

boldblue.gif Andy
slugmika
Andy
Do you have any idea about the schedule? We are coming in Saturday morning (without 914 smile.gif ) but i didn't find what time things start. Do you know how much are the tickets?

Thanks
Mika
jimtab
QUOTE (slugmika @ Oct 13 2005, 10:07 PM)
Andy
Do you have any idea about the schedule? We are coming in Saturday morning (without 914 smile.gif ) but i didn't find what time things start. Do you know how much are the tickets?

Thanks
Mika

Mika, go to the Laguna Seca website. I think it is Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca/Monterey. Any google will come up with it, but to be honest I didn't see it on the schedule last week when I checked. Good luck, see you there. Jim
olav
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 13 2005, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (9146R @ Oct 13 2005, 12:30 PM)
Not racing - due to lack of SCCA required mod's and licensing.

you don't need a scca license, just a scca membership (for insurance purposes) ...
a valid PCA license will do!

ok, here's the scoop:

i'll be there thursday night (track opens at 5pm thurs.) and set up the tent(s) early friday morning.
friday is going to be "Test" day. if you're running sat./sun. and want to get your car sorted out and setup for the track, friday is the day to do so.
when you sign up for the event, you have to specify that you're going to run friday as well.
also, friday is a 92db day! keep that in mind. VLM will have a muffler guy on site all weekend, just in case. smile.gif

for the actual race on sat. and sun. the noise limit is 101db ..

we will have tents and space in the paddock itself and a 914 corral somewhere on the outskirts, exact location TBA (so you don't have to park with the "common" folks) ...
those of you who race that weekend are welcome to set up with us in the paddock if you wish.

there will be a party in the paddock sat. night with lots and lots of food and booze, curtesy of VLM!

there will be parade laps, exactly how many is still unclear at this point, but it most certainly will be more than the 1 lap we had at the WCC.

so far, five 914s have signed up for the race. unfortunately, there's a PRC race at sears point the same weekend and a lot of the local 914 racers have opted to run there instead. sad.gif

anyhow, i'm hoping to get a strong "support" showing and if this event goes well, VLM would like to turn this into a annual thing, with the 914 as the feature marque and maybe even our very own rungroup! (we'd need about 20 cars for that)
smilie_pokal.gif

the weekend will also have a feature in VL-Magazine and Pam suggested that if we can find a volunteer (hint, hint) with a 914-6, she would like to add an article showing different mufflers setups and their db/HP output.
this would obviously involve some dyno time as well ...

boldblue.gif Andy

Andy,

How early are you setting up the tents?
schweggy
Better late than never... I'll try to attend as well.

I found this link:

http://www.sfrscca.org/Calendar/Schedule/0...5Oct21sched.pdf

It's on the SCCA Golden Gate Chapter's website. Is there a meeting place prior to the events on Sat/Sun? If not I offer my house here in Seaside as a rally point. I'm only a few miles from Laguna-Seca (in fact I can hear the ALMS cars warming up now) wink.gif

I've not found any info on the "914 events" other than the mentions here... so is there some kind if registration? Fees? anyone....?
SirAndy
unfortunately, a lot of this is still "up in the air" so to speak.

i'm trying to get more details on the actual schedule and entry fees for spectators etc. ...

the official webpage for this from SCCA is here:
http://www.sfrscca.org/RoadRacing/Vintage/

boldblue.gif Andy
schweggy
Some of the SCCA events I've gone to have been "free" if you're a SCCA member and show your card at the gate. Sometimes they open up the gate off of Gen. Jim Moore Blvd (Ft. Ord) and you can drive in from the west without going by the ranger at the front gate... not sure if they'll do it for the SCCA races tho'.

I've no idea about the other events going on either... kinda' vague.

My invitation to use my house at a staging point (or whatever) still stands. I’ve got room in the fridge for beer (or whatever) and it’s a short drive to the track from here.
olav
QUOTE (schweggy @ Oct 14 2005, 10:43 AM)
Some of the SCCA events I've gone to have been "free" if you're a SCCA member and show your card at the gate. Sometimes they open up the gate off of Gen. Jim Moore Blvd (Ft. Ord) and you can drive in from the west without going by the ranger at the front gate... not sure if they'll do it for the SCCA races tho'.

I've no idea about the other events going on either... kinda' vague.

My invitation to use my house at a staging point (or whatever) still stands. I’ve got room in the fridge for beer (or whatever) and it’s a short drive to the track from here.

We do we arrive? biggrin.gif
schweggy
Arrive... whenever?

Friday is a test day at the track with the racing on Sat/Sun.

Just let me know if interested in meeting here and I'll e-mail particulars to those who wanna do it.

beerchug.gif
TRE Cup
Andy and I will be trailering up Hwy 5 friday am. will leave the rigs at the track friday afternoon.
Other teeners care to make a group 914 pit area? we both have tag along enclosed trailers and easy ups

btw- noise limits are 101 db !! so sport mufflers and k/n air filters on the webers should not be a problem. doubt i can make it with the megaphones but will bring them and try. I'm in the B prod grouping so will be playing with the V-8's ar15.gif
9146R
If as the SCCA site indicates, we can run with PCA-prepped time trial cars...I would like to participate Sat and Sun. I am awaiting confirmation from SCCA coordinator that it's OK to run w/out fuel cell, battery cutoff switch and full fire supression system. If true, I will try to make the Fri practice day as well. Should be great...Thanks Andy....

Greg
Crazyhippy
Any So-cal guys driving up to watch? I'm thinking a early sat am run up, and leave sunday afternoon (damn work stuff).

only 278 miles from camarillo headbang.gif

Seriously considering this if anyone else is.

BJH
Crazyhippy
new plan, the GF wants to go too, but works sat, so were running up EARLY (buttcrack of dawn early) on sunday, and driving home sunday night, seems like a long day to me dry.gif clap.gif

BJH
SirAndy
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Oct 15 2005, 03:27 PM)
new plan, the GF wants to go too, but works sat, so were running up EARLY (buttcrack of dawn early) on sunday, and driving home sunday night, seems like a long day to me dry.gif clap.gif

smilie_pokal.gif come up sat. night for the big party in the paddock !!!!

beerchug.gif drunk.gif Andy
JoeSharp
Come on up sat night BJ and we'll find space for you guys in the coach. Thomas and Linda are staying with me so far. I'm sure that there will be more.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
SirAndy
a short update ...

================================
Question: "How much does this cost for spectators?"

Answer: "The event does not cost anything. The track is in a park so the park might charge $6 per car if you do not have a SCCA membership card.
regarding touring (parade-laps): it may cost $10-20 bucks for charity. I will confirm that later this week."

Question: "What is the schedule for the weekend?"

Answer: "There no schedule as of this day."

i'm trying to get down there thursday evening so i can be at the track bright and early friday morning to set up the tent etc. probably going to be at the paddock around 7:30 ish ...

boldblue.gif Andy
olav
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 19 2005, 10:06 AM)
a short update ...

Question: "How much does this cost for spectators?"

Answer: "The event does not cost anything. The track is in a park so the park might charge $6 per car if you do not have a SCCA membership card.
regarding touring (parade-laps): it may cost $10-20 bucks for charity. I will confirm that later this week."

Question: "What is the schedule for the weekend?"

Answer: "There no schedule as of this day."

i'm trying to get down there thursday evening so i can be at the track bright and early friday morning to set up the tent etc. probably going to be at the paddock around 7:30 ish ...

boldblue.gif Andy

Thanks Andy!!
Part Pricer
OK. This is shaping up.

Now, who wants to pick me up in San Francisco and give me a ride to Laguna Seca?

I've got one day out of the weekend that I can use to get away and hangout with the "914 nuts". I'll be in town for a convention with my wife and I won't have a car. So, I need a kind sole to pick me up. If someone can do it, that would be great. I'll work my schedule around yours.

We're staying at:

HANDLERY UNION SQUARE HOTEL
351 Geary Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

Anybody going my way?

jimtab
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Oct 19 2005, 03:30 PM)
OK. This is shaping up.

Now, who wants to pick me up in San Francisco and give me a ride to Laguna Seca?

I've got one day out of the weekend that I can use to get away and hangout with the "914 nuts". I'll be in town for a convention with my wife and I won't have a car. So, I need a kind sole to pick me up. If someone can do it, that would be great. I'll work my schedule around yours.

We're staying at:

HANDLERY UNION SQUARE HOTEL
351 Geary Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

Anybody going my way?

If I weren't going down for the whole weekend and leaving at 0-dark-thirty on Friday to go help Andy set up, I love to ferry you down...I'm sure someone will step up there hopefully there will be a good crowd of our "nutballs" on hand next weekend. happy11.gif
SirAndy
here's an update on the schedule:

9146R
Andy,

Looks great - what day will be doing the parade laps ? At lunch break ??

Thanks !
Greg
SirAndy
QUOTE (9146R @ Oct 20 2005, 07:04 PM)

no info on that yet, i *assume* saturday, but that is not yet confirmed ...

wink.gif Andy
JoeSharp
Soo... I'm leaving in the morning around 10. I have a PDA with me that has a phone (323) 351-4686. I'll be going up the 101 in the coach with 2 teeners in tow. Just look for MONCHA. You can't miss her, she swallows 2 teeners whole.
jimtab
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Oct 25 2005, 08:34 PM)
Soo... I'm leaving in the morning around 10. I have a PDA with me that has a phone (323) 351-4686. I'll be going up the 101 in the coach with 2 teeners in tow. Just look for MONCHA. You can't miss her, she swallows 2 teeners whole.

Holy Shit dude...do you need a special licence for that rig? Damn. I plan to be at the track Friday am at about 9 or so, to help Andy with the setup. See you there. Jim
SirAndy
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Oct 25 2005, 09:34 PM)
Just look for MONCHA.

i vaguely remember that ride! somehow, memory seems kind of "foggy" ...

beerchug.gif Andy
Leo Imperial
From what I recall it looked more like this:

Crazyhippy
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Oct 25 2005, 08:34 PM)

I'm in Camarillo, Ventura Area if you Need... (805)216-0333

BJH beerchug.gif
schweggy
Since I'm "just over the hill" from the track I'd be more than happy to help get things setup on Friday morning. (If that's OK)

Any particulars on when/where... assume I can find y'all in the paddock.
Part Pricer

OK. I decided that the best thing to do is for me to rent a car and head down by myself, probably on Saturday.

Do we have any idea on which day the parade laps will be? Will someone have an open seat for the parade laps? I'll man the cameras.

Thanks for everyone that has posted their contact info. I'll probably need it when I get lost. Here's mine:

Paul Heery
cell - 203.417.1914

jimtab
QUOTE (schweggy @ Oct 26 2005, 07:26 AM)
Since I'm "just over the hill" from the track I'd be more than happy to help get things setup on Friday morning. (If that's OK)

Just look for the square cars...we'll see you there.
SirAndy
QUOTE (schweggy @ Oct 26 2005, 08:26 AM)

yes, paddock it is, i'll try to be there early, 7:30ish ...

friday will be laid back tho, so no hurries ...
cool.gif Andy
schweggy
Right on... see y'all there.... beerchug.gif
jgara962
Looks like weather permitting, I'll be down on Saturday to support the 914's MDB2.gif
SirAndy
ok, slight change of plans ...
no car for me, so i'm going to ride shotgun with jim. drunk.gif

that also means, we'll be at the track a bit later friday morning, more like 9ish ...
cool.gif Andy
MartyYeoman

wink.gif Andy

Any current info on this yet??
SirAndy
QUOTE (Marty Yeoman @ Oct 27 2005, 12:20 PM)

nope, but i'm on my way to meet with VLM right now ...

i'll ask ...
cool.gif Andy
jimtab
QUOTE (Marty Yeoman @ Oct 27 2005, 11:20 AM)

wink.gif Andy

Marty. just show up....it's gonna be a party anyway.... beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif sheeplove.gif
Part Pricer

My flight leaves NYC early in the morning on Friday. I'm renting a car and driving down to Laguna Seca from San Francisco early Saturday morning. Here is my cell number. Let me know if anything is needed or there has been any change in plans.

Paul Heery
cell - 203.417.1914

Thanks
SirAndy
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Oct 27 2005, 07:28 PM)
I'm renting a car and driving down to Laguna Seca from San Francisco early Saturday morning.

schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

bring booze ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Leo Imperial
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Oct 27 2005, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Oct 27 2005, 07:28 PM)
I'm renting a car and driving down to Laguna Seca from San Francisco early Saturday morning.

schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

bring booze ...
biggrin.gif Andy

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
butch
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Oct 2 2005, 12:26 PM)
Here's the attendees so far, who else?
SirAndy, Andy
jimtab, Jim
olav, Olav
Part Pricer, Paul
TRE Cup, Dave
Headrage, Allan
joe sharp, Joe
ppickerell, Patrick
neo914-6, Felix
leo Imperial, Leo

Butch and Sally will be there
butch
yeah, and I'd be racing too if Tiggr's motor was in the ingine bay instead of San Diego...

c yall tonite!
neo914-6
TRE Cup, Dave
9146R, Greg
SirAndy, Andy
jimtab, Jim
olav, Olav
Part Pricer, Paul
Headrage, Allan
joe sharp, Joe
ppickerell, Patrick
leo Imperial, Leo
Marty Yeaman, Marty
Sean123, Sean
Scweggy, Jay
Butch & Sally
BJH, BJ
jgara962, John
Part Pricer, Henry

and maybe...
neo914-6, Felix
Chris Julian, Chris
Mueller, Mike
McMark, Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.