Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Gathering & Vintage Race @ Laguna Seca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
SirAndy
Victory Lane Magazine and 914World.com are proud to present:

user posted image

Please contact Pam Shatraw @ Victory Lane for entry info!
+1 650 321 1411

user posted image

everybody, please support our sponsor that made this event happen! smilie_pokal.gif
the ad can be found on page 55 in the June 2005 Issue of "Victory Lane - The Vintage And Historic Racing News Magazine" ...

this will be a blast. even if you don't plan on driving yourself, just take your teener and stop by to hang out with us.
boldblue.gif

and yes, i know, they spelled the URL wrong. fortunately, a fellow club member owns that domain and has generously agreed to have it forwarded to the club site for the next few weeks! pray.gif

see you all at Laguna Seca!
driving.gif Andy
SirAndy
Who is eligible to drive?
(a complete PDF can be found on the SCCA SFR Region Website)

==================================
Driver License: A current racing license issued by SCCA, SCCA Vintage, or any of the following will be
accepted with proof of current SCCA membership:
• Classic Sports Racing Group (CSRG)
• BMW Car Club of America (BMWCCA)
• Corinthian Vintage Auto Racing (CVAR)
• Historic Motor Sports Association (HMSA)
• Historic Sportscar Racing Group (HSR)
• Porsche Club of America (PCA)
• Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing (RMVR)
• Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts (SOVERN)
• Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA)
• Vintage Auto Racing Association (VARA)
• Vintage Auto Racing Association of Canada (VARAC)
• Vintage Racing/British Columbia (VRC of BC)
• Vintage Sports Car Club of America (VSCCA)
• Vintage Sportscar Driver’s Association (VSCDA)
• Vintage Sportscar Racing Inc. (VSCR)
• Vintage Motorsports Council National License
==================================

here's the link to the event site:
http://www.sfrscca.org/RoadRacing/Vintage/

it seems you have to be a SCCA member for the event, but other club licenses are accepted.
all rules and requirements can be found on above event site (there's a PDF you can download) ...

beerchug.gif Andy

PS: altough POC and PRC are not on that list, i would be surprised if they didn't allow those as well ...
Part Pricer

Very cool. I'll be in San Francisco that weekend looking for something to do. smilie_pokal.gif

Who wants to pick me up? I'll pay for gas. smile.gif
SirAndy
UPDATE:

"Street 914s will be on-track in noon touring sessions and in a 914 corral in the paddock. A 914 party will be sponsored by the 914world.com group."

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Jun 6 2005, 02:20 PM)
Very cool. I'll be in San Francisco that weekend looking for something to do. smilie_pokal.gif

if the wife doesn't want to go, you can hitch a ride with me ...

wink.gif Andy
Bezerker420
how far outta moterrey/carmel is Laguna Seca?
jimtab
Laguna Seca is about 3 miles from the center of Monterey on the road to Salinas.
TRE Cup
I've dragged out the stock air cleaner and bird baths. Next- look for enough stuff to make an intake snorkel. Have to rejet the motor so it will work all choked up- but well worth racing at laguna
rick 918-S
I may have to get a night job for the next few months and take another vacation this fall! I wub.gif Mazda Raceway. I would wub.gif to fly around that track with a bunch of you guy's and gal's!
jimtab
I'll be there with bells on.....maybe more....can't wait to get the New converted Thunderbolt Greaseslapper out on the finest roadcourse in the West....how about camping and DRINKING...after the driving.... beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif
JoeSharp
I have reseverations at the RV park there at the track for the 26th thru the 30th.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
jimtab
QUOTE (Paul Heery @ Jun 6 2005, 01:20 PM)

Paul, if that is your pic in the avatar, I'm sure we can work something out... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
SirAndy
guys, this is still ON!

even thought our connection with Victory Lane Magazine hasn't quite worked out the way it was planned, the race is still on.

i haven't talked to anyone at VL in weeks, so i'm not sure about the 914 corral.

i'm planning on attending at least one day (as a spectator) ...
cool.gif Andy
jimtab
You won't be there alone Andy, I'll be there and probably for both days. Are you going with your sweetie or are we destined to get stupid at some bar? happy11.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (jimtab @ Sep 26 2005, 08:14 PM)
Are you going with your sweetie or are we destined to get stupid at some bar? happy11.gif

unfortunately, i think we have to settle for the bar ...

beerchug.gif Andy
jimtab
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Sep 26 2005, 07:50 PM)
QUOTE (jimtab @ Sep 26 2005, 08:14 PM)
Are you going with your sweetie or are we destined to get stupid at some bar? happy11.gif

unfortunately, i think we have to settle for the bar ...

beerchug.gif Andy

I can live with that....hell, with the colors of our cars....we'll look like CHRISTMAS..... happy11.gif
Part Pricer

All of the materials that the SFR/SCCA has produced for this event say that it is a 912 festival. wacko.gif

http://www.sfrscca.org/RoadRacing/Vintage/

http://www.sfrscca.org/RoadRacing/Vintage/...5VintagePkt.pdf

SirAndy
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Sep 27 2005, 05:31 AM)
All of the materials that the SFR/SCCA has produced for this event say that it is a 912 festival. wacko.gif

yeah, saw that too. especially that elusive 912 /6 ...

unsure.gif Andy
SirAndy
i sent them an email. we'll see if they correct their website and PDF ...

wink.gif Andy
jimtab
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Sep 27 2005, 07:13 AM)
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Sep 27 2005, 05:31 AM)
All of the materials that the SFR/SCCA has produced for this event say that it is a 912 festival.  :wacko:

yeah, saw that too. especially that elusive 912 /6 ...

unsure.gif Andy

Andy, what are you talking about there are "912-6s" everywhere....aka 911..... happy11.gif
ppickerell
We will be there camping both days. I get 3 laps in my C4S in conjunction with porscheplatz. My 914 is not likely to be ready.
neo914-6
Are we going to make this happen?

• Porsche 914 Festival
party.gif
Leo Imperial
I am going to make a go at it.
Is the 914 corral going to happen?
I got the info to late for the Heratage races and had to park my teener among
the common folk. wink.gif
olav

I just talked with Pam at Victory Lane and she said that there's going to be an area in the paddock to park your 914 and some social things too.

Apparently there is no one in "charge" to drive this event so it's "loose" and "vague" according to Pam.

She said there was someone organizing it by the name of "Brad" something but that person has "backed off".

She said that she would contact me if there are any changes and I said I'd post all her info here as she relays it to me.

SirAndy
QUOTE (olav @ Sep 29 2005, 04:25 PM)
She said there was someone organizing it by the name of "Brad" something but that person has "backed off".

well, who could that guy be ????

idea.gif Andy
olav

Pam couldn't remember his last name...

wink.gif
ppickerell
Go for the racing! This is a killer event. Last year they cracked up an F1 car on a practise lap for our amusement! This year Porsche LMP2 will somehow beat the dreadfully boring Audi's. I will wear my 914 t shirt.
neo914-6
QUOTE (ppickerell @ Sep 29 2005, 05:16 PM)
Go for the racing! This is a killer event. Last year they cracked up an F1 car on a practise lap for our amusement! This year Porsche LMP2 will somehow beat the dreadfully boring Audi's. I will wear my 914 t shirt.

I'm heading to the Peridot Oktoberfest tent! laugh.gif

B will probably be at the "other" corral pretending not to know us... laugh.gif
ppickerell
Ouch
ppickerell
Felix,
What kind of beer should I have ready?
neo914-6
QUOTE (ppickerell @ Sep 29 2005, 05:33 PM)
Felix,

cold beer.gif laugh.gif

I like Hefeweizen but I'm not too picky. I'll contribute to the beer chest!
jimtab
QUOTE (olav @ Sep 29 2005, 04:49 PM)
Pam couldn't remember his last name...

wink.gif

I think it's holio..... happy11.gif or something like that.....
SirAndy
QUOTE (olav @ Sep 29 2005, 04:25 PM)
I just talked with Pam at Victory Lane and she said that there's going to be an area in the paddock to park your 914 and some social things too.

just got off the phone with pam, we're going to sit down next week and go over the whole event.

we'll work it out!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
GTeener
sad.gif Booh! I'll be missing all the fun again... I'm not yet back from vacation by then.
GTeener
QUOTE (ppickerell @ Sep 29 2005, 05:32 PM)
Ouch

The close-up ohmy.gif

"Hey! Dude! Where's my car?!" lol2.gif
JoeSharp
Well at least he keept the motor and tranny in tact. See you all there.
Part Pricer
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Sep 30 2005, 04:16 PM)
just got off the phone with pam, we're going to sit down next week and go over the whole event.

Remember to tell her that we don't drive 912s. biggrin.gif

Patrick,

I'm flying in on Friday and will be there for at least one of the days on the weekend. I'll gladly contribute to the beer/food fund.

Let me know what I can do. Maybe I'll bring some Tastykakes.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Sep 30 2005, 03:58 PM)
Remember to tell her that we don't drive 912s. biggrin.gif

well, the site in question is run by the SCCA and not victory lane.
i sent SCCA an email 2 days ago asking to correct the website and the accompanying PDFs.

they *did* change the website, but the PDFs still say 912 ...
unsure.gif Andy
Allan
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Sep 30 2005, 03:00 PM)
See you all there.

Hey Joe, you coming up I-5? If so I might follow you up...
neo914-6
Here's the attendees so far, who else?
SirAndy, Andy
jimtab, Jim
olav, Olav
Part Pricer, Paul
TRE Cup, Dave
Headrage, Allan
joe sharp, Joe
ppickerell, Patrick
neo914-6, Felix
leo Imperial, Leo
olav

I'll bring some beer too!! biggrin.gif
brant
I'm so jealous...
can't afford the gas, time, entry fee this year.
maybe next year.

2 of my buddies from RMVR are going, but with 911's.
you guys will have to give them the courtesy 914 support.
I can wait to see how their times compare with the California crowd. Will give me a benchmark since I know one of these guys (Robert Ames) is a bit faster than me.

brant
McMark
I might be able to work this out. Are we caravanning? I'd like to drive my 914, but I've never gone that far with it and I'm nervious. unsure.gif I guess I have a month for confidence building test drives.
Leo Imperial
Hey Mark,
I am thinking about driving my 74' bus.
It has a tow ball if you need a lift. confused24.gif
Think it can pull a 914?
jimtab
QUOTE (McMark @ Oct 3 2005, 11:47 AM)
I might be able to work this out. Are we caravanning? I'd like to drive my 914, but I've never gone that far with it and I'm nervious. unsure.gif I guess I have a month for confidence building test drives.

Mark...why worry....what could happen? Follow Andy and I down....
Bezerker420
If my girl is road ready, i might make it down for this....stay the weekend in big sur and hit the twisties a couple of times...!
seanf123
i'll be there, without my car though. its still under construction. can't wait to meet some of you guys and support this club.
MartyYeoman
Add my name to the list. At least for Sunday. beer.gif
9146R
Andy,

Looking fwd to learning what VLMMM has planned for our group....thanks for working with them on our behalf.
Greg
neo914-6
Racing:
TRE Cup, Dave
9146R, Greg

Updated attendees, who else?
SirAndy, Andy
jimtab, Jim
olav, Olav
Part Pricer, Paul
Headrage, Allan
joe sharp, Joe
ppickerell, Patrick
neo914-6, Felix
leo Imperial, Leo
Marty Yeaman, Marty
Sean123, Sean
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.