Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help id'ing window guide
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kurbis
I need help identifying a window guide for my 71's passenger side window. It is shown in diagrams under "glazing" on AA website but not identified with a part number or description. It is a guide at the lower right hand corner of the window illustrated. Any help much appreciated.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
that part is not available without the window glass. The glue dries and it falls off usually found in the lower door cavity. If you do not have one, you MUST buy a used one, OR have Mark Whitesell make them There would be a reasonable market, but they are a combination of plastic and metal. Without it, the window will not adjust properly and rattle as well (not that there are other things that make the 70- very very very early 73 windows not rattle!

QUOTE(Kurbis @ May 8 2018, 12:40 PM) *

I need help identifying a window guide for my 71's passenger side window. It is shown in diagrams under "glazing" on AA website but not identified with a part number or description. It is a guide at the lower right hand corner of the window illustrated. Any help much appreciated.

Mikey914
Check the inside of your door. The fall off and that's where they end up. You may be able to epoxy back on.

More than willing to make, but most dont go far.
Kurbis
Thanks for advice. I'll look inside door and if not, guess I'll be looking for used one..Thanks again
Kurbis
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 8 2018, 02:30 PM) *

Check the inside of your door. The fall off and that's where they end up. You may be able to epoxy back on.

More than willing to make, but most dont go far.

Not found in door. I'll need to look for used, any idea what it's called, or a part number? Thanks much.
BeatNavy
Are you referring to this piece? I know I don't have those on my windows, and I've spent hours trying to get the windows adjusted on my '72 (mostly in vain, particularly on the driver's side).

I'd buy at least two.

Click to view attachment

Kurbis
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 9 2018, 04:17 AM) *

Are you referring to this piece? I know I don't have those on my windows, and I've spent hours trying to get the windows adjusted on my '72 (mostly in vain, particularly on the driver's side).

I'd buy at least two.

Click to view attachment

Yep, that's the piece. not even sure what's it's called but very, very elusive.
914werke
How difficult would it be to update the early door to utilize the late regulators?
This is one task Ive never looked into having owned mostly mid yr cars.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 9 2018, 05:29 PM) *

How difficult would it be to update the early door to utilize the late regulators?

Someone posted on that here not too long ago.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=322769

It's something I would consider, as the early regulators can be a pain. But it doesn't look exactly plug and play. Need to decide if it's worth the trouble ... sad.gif
Mikey914
I'm thinking I could make these. Really need about 30 sets at $32 a set to make this work.

BeatNavy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 10 2018, 03:43 AM) *

I'm thinking I could make these. Really need about 30 sets at $32 a set to make this work.

Well now you need 29. 'Cause I'm in for one set (pair). smile.gif

Make an improved early window regulator button and make me REALLY happy beer.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
one would have to weld a piece into the door, then switch the complete set of guts except for the vent window

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 9 2018, 02:29 PM) *

dr914@autoatlanta.com
I will buy 15 sets

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 10 2018, 12:43 AM) *

76-914
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 9 2018, 03:04 PM) *

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ May 9 2018, 05:29 PM) *

Someone posted on that here not too long ago.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=322769

It's something I would consider, as the early regulators can be a pain. But it doesn't look exactly plug and play. Need to decide if it's worth the trouble ... sad.gif

I wouldn't. Mine are modified on the 70 and looked like a PITA to do so. That and if your off 1mm on a new hole location your way off on the window seating against the seal. I spent hours getting mine corrected and it is on the extreme edge of "forced" adjustability. I think it would be easier and smarter to purchase newer doors and paint them. beerchug.gif
Kurbis
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ May 10 2018, 04:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 10 2018, 03:43 AM) *

Well now you need 29. 'Cause I'm in for one set (pair). smile.gif

Make an improved early window regulator button and make me REALLY happy beer.gif

Well, since I started this, I'l add my commitment for a pair as well. Thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.