Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East coast party and 914 parts sell-off.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mepstein
Just a small sample of the stash
mepstein
6&7x15 Fuchs
mepstein
Lots more time to join the fun
BeatNavy
Good time for a good cause today! Thanks for pulling this together, Mark. I know it meant a lot to Barbara and the McLeod family.

Good to see everyone -- I'd mention everyone I can remember -- but then I'd forget somone. Special beer.gif to Oscar, however, for making the trip. Really good to meet you, and don't worry, I won't tell Larmo or Elliott what you said about them! happy11.gif

Still a lot of parts available. Man, Jim knew how to collect stuff.
MDTerp
What an amazing collection of parts! Thanks to Mark for organizing this event for Barbara. I'm happy to report my car is running again thanks to Jim. It was nice to meet everyone today.
ValcoOscar
Fantastic day...great meeting up with East Coast guys. Special thanks to Barbara and Mark for allowing us in.

Great stuff...Bruce Stone and I scored. Although It cost me to send my wife shopping all day.

Jim...RIP

Guess who?...some escaped prior to taking picture.

Click to view attachment

Oscar
Catron1
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Aug 4 2018, 10:54 PM) *

Fantastic day...great meeting up with East Coast guys. Special thanks to Barbara and Mark for allowing us in.

Great stuff...Bruce Stone and I scored. Although It cost me to send my wife shopping all day.

Jim...RIP

Guess who?...some escaped prior to taking picture.

Click to view attachment

Oscar

icon_bump.gif

Nice to meet everyone today, Jim had quite the stash!

-Bill
914forme
headbang.gif All those gauges
Dion
Had a blast today. Fun gathering and great to see old & new
friends. I hope Jim is pleased with us. Thank you Barbara for having us.
Thanks buddy we miss ya.
Dion
Anybody know this guy? Thanks for coming out Oscar! beerchug.gif
Dion
Hardest working man....great job Mark.
saigon71
Gratitude goes out to Barbara, The Mcleod family and Mark for setting this event up.

It was a great day of buying parts, talking cars with 914 world members and the Mcleod family, awesome food and just hanging out. The sun even came out for a change!

It was a pleasure meeting Oscar from the west coast as well.

Jim - your parts collection will help keep other 914's on the road - thank you. beerchug.gif

nditiz1
What a great time!

Great meeting people face to face when you only communicate via this forum!

While I didn't know Jim, I heard he was a really great guy. Barbara was super sweet to hosting this party.

Props:
To Jim and his love and collection of these cars - RIP
Barbara and her family
Mark for setting it all up
West coast Oscar - finally getting to meet the guy I almost bought my first 914 from
Adam from Unobtanium for sending the care package which provided delicious food
The one 911 dude - sorry forget your name - changing the oil on Jim/Barbs 83 911 sc and getting it running good in the grass during the meet
Everyone that showed up - all nice guys
My s10 for getting my treasure home
beerchug.gif
anderssj
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Aug 5 2018, 10:17 AM) *

What a great time!

Great meeting people face to face when you only communicate via this forum!

While I didn't know Jim, I heard he was a really great guy. Barbara was super sweet to hosting this party.

Props:
To Jim and his love and collection of these cars - RIP
Barbara and her family
Mark for setting it all up
West coast Oscar - finally getting to meet the guy I almost bought my first 914 from
Adam from Unobtanium for sending the care package which provided delicious food
The one 911 dude - sorry forget your name - changing the oil on Jim/Barbs 83 911 sc and getting it running good in the grass during the meet
Everyone that showed up - all nice guys
My s10 for getting my treasure home
beerchug.gif

agree.gif

Your props said it all...but still, a special thanks to Barbara, Mark, and Adam.

Steve A-
BENBRO02
It killed me that I wasn't able to travel for 45 minutes and meet everyone. I'm recovering from hip surgery on the 23rd and just couldn't do it.
mepstein
Thank you to everybody be who came to the party.
Thank you to everyone who helped at the party.
Thank you to Adam at Unobtanium for a big contribution that everyone enjoyed.
Thank you to Barbra for her hospitality and sharing Jim with all of us.
Racer
Just wow. Stopped by for a bit.. Wasn't looking for anything much but wow.. if Jim had 1 of something, he had a dozen of them. Amazing number of parts/cars etc in that garage. I thought myself somewhat 914 knowledgeable, but when faced, even with labeled boxes/parts/drawers I wondered what some of the items were. No wonder his his family are overwhelmed.

Met some nice folks.. talked 914s and other stuff.. Not sure if there is an ability to do this again... in the back of my mind, it takes someone with a lot of time and patience to go through it all, figure whats working/fixable/broken etc to help keep other 914s on the road.

To the two fella's who seemed to spearhead the effort, thank you.
r_towle
Did she sell everything?
mepstein
beerchug.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Dion @ Aug 4 2018, 07:56 PM) *

Anybody know this guy? Thanks for coming out Oscar! beerchug.gif

wow sir Oscar! you’re all over the US! where is ur next visit?
We need you here in SoCal at all times, so pls limit ur out of state visits and hoarding parts! we got lot of parts here in SoCal. Give east coast parts for them. hehehe

Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 5 2018, 01:11 PM) *

I thought about it on my drive home. My suggestion to Barbara would be to have Garold and Brad stop by before Hershey next year and pick up all the rest of the 914 parts. Then sell some Hershey and take the rest home. Even though a lot of good stuff was cherry picked, I noticed a lot of new parts from Raby to build an engine and Brad might buy the project car to finish it up. Having a lot of the parts that don’t always bring big money but are needed for repairs might be a good fit for Brad.

Before that is Ski Roundtop on Sept. 15th. If you bring a trailer load of stuff and price it right it will move, it's an all air-cooled show and buyers come ready to buy.

http://www.vintagegermanswapmeet.com/

The show is in Lewisberry, PA, only two hours from Vienna.

It's my favorite swap because buyers come to buy and sellers come to sell, no ebay pricing BS, just people who want cash and guys who want parts. Also, you get a lot of old racers showing up at Roundtop, so you never know what will make an cameo.
rgalla9146
Hey Mark......Big props.

ValcoOscar
Again, thanks to all I met up with.

Used Fedex to ship items back home. Thanks to Bruce who guided me through this process. beer3.gif

I hope to recipricate warm welcome when you guys come to SoCal.
I promise drunk.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
All boxes arrived piratenanner.gif

FYI...$190 coast to coast (Fedex), not bad. Thanks Bruce. biggrin.gif
Don't be shy, dinner on me when you guys come out to SoCal.
We don't bite screwy.gif

All of you were true gentlemen. beerchug.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment
JOEPROPER
@sirandy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.