Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lieght weigt and cheap carpet sets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
Anyone have a good resource for cheap lightweight carpet sets for the 914? I'm not looking for anything special just something to cover areas that need carpet so I'm legal for PCA BX or FM classes.

Also does anyone make a carpet that fits into the area where the backpad fits? I ripped out the backpad and dont want to put it back in as now I can recline my seat.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jun 13 2005, 05:24 PM)
...PCA BX or FM classes.

are those PCR or Club Race classes?
i'm not familiar with those designations...
morph
I PM'd ya. We have a couple of lightweight carpets available.
jimkelly
The PM is nice ut can you post a url to your store also for those of us who just yanked their carpets out too? or some more details and pics. Thanks - Jim
tat2dphreak
morphenspectra's carpet kits are very nice! damn fine door panels too!!
nine14cats
Hi Grant,

If it's a race car in carpet clothing.....do what I did with my 2.7/6 when I ran it GM and Y class...Home Depot Carpet!

$25 will do the whole car's interior. Just cut with a utility knife and use 3M spray.

Here's a few links to some of the things I did to my old car to lighten her up.

Project Jenny Craig #1

Project Jenny Craig #2 with Home Depot Carpet

Give's you an idea of what you can do if you paint and carpet the car yourself!

Have fun! Can't wait to get back out there and compete with you guys someday... laugh.gif

Bill P.
morph
QUOTE (jimkelly @ Jun 13 2005, 04:01 PM)
The PM is nice ut can you post a url to your store also for those of us who just yanked their carpets out too? or some more details and pics. Thanks - Jim

The rubber backed carpet that we used to use, is currently unavailable, but we do have a lightweight carpet that we used to make the tan carpets out of that we can use, it is very lightweight, we discontinued it because it was so lightweight, that it wasn't good for daily usage. It would be good for light use. We also have two materials for the backpad, there is a perlon type material that would be very inexpensive that is super light. Anyone who wants samples can pm me and I will send them out for free.

HIEDI
markb
I'd be interested in some tan carpets.
morph
Deluxe floormats
grantsfo
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Jun 13 2005, 05:02 PM)
Hi Grant,

If it's a race car in carpet clothing.....do what I did with my 2.7/6 when I ran it GM and Y class...Home Depot Carpet!

$25 will do the whole car's interior. Just cut with a utility knife and use 3M spray.

Here's a few links to some of the things I did to my old car to lighten her up.

Project Jenny Craig #1

Project Jenny Craig #2 with Home Depot Carpet

Give's you an idea of what you can do if you paint and carpet the car yourself!

Have fun! Can't wait to get back out there and compete with you guys someday... laugh.gif

Bill P.

Thanks Bill! I'm probably going to hang in FM class to start, but will eventually go similiar route as you and others with completely gutted car. I'm just letting my driving skills progress with the car. I figure it will take me another year before I'm ready to throw around lots of horsepower and big race slicks.
SirAndy
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jun 13 2005, 02:30 PM)
are those PCR or Club Race classes?
i'm not familiar with those designations...

local PCA classes, AX and TT ...

short summary of classes can be found here:
http://www.pca-ggr.org/show.cgi?id=ggrrb5

driving.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.