Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yet another RennShift install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Downunderman
2.7, Carrrera barrells and piston, E cams and Webers.
seanery
sounds like mine

2.7, RS Pistons, webers, headers, E or S cams (can't remember right now)
jtf914
Add me to the list of happy RennShift customers driving.gif. I didn't have any problems with the install, no mods to the clutch tube (tail shifter with solid tranny mounts). Took it for a spin, did a few minor adjustments, and all I can say is awesome!!! I love the 20% reduced throw, and there is a lot less guessing when I downshift, especialy 4th - 3rd.

I plugged the shifter the next day at one of our Northern VA (NoVA) Gatherings (99% 911's). I hope some of them take the plunge and buy it!!!

Great Job James beerchug.gif

-Justin
Brad Roberts
I have a 9146 (stock at the shop right now) I'm thinking about shooting a very short video showing the "slop" in the stock shifter then installing a Rennshift and shooting the same video for a side by side comparison.

B
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 21 2003, 12:59 PM)
I have a 9146 (stock at the shop right now) I'm thinking about shotting a very short video showing the "slop" in the stock shifter then installing a Rennshift and shooting the same video for a side by side comparison.

B

pray.gif pray.gif
that would be awesome!
JWest
You know I would like you to do that!

On that same topic, I have some in-car track video of the RennShift in action in a 911SC. It is on VHS. What is the best/cheapest/easiest way to get that in digital format to put on my website? Thanks!
Brad Roberts
I'll see if I can knock it out. I dont have a digital video camera.. just a digital camera that shoots MPEG video's.

I moved the 9146 around yesterday and laughed at how bad the shifter "moved around".. the tranny shifts perfect.. the shifter is BAD (as I think all of them are 100% worn out)

B
seanery
I have one (video camera) if'n you wanna borrey it.
seanery
Oh, just so I don't forget. MY Rennshifter is the fully polished version with a 30% reduction.
campbellcj
James - re the video, a couple options are to use a "capture" card on the PC with regular RCA inputs, or transfer the VHS to a DV tape. From there you'd have to have some video editing & compression software such as Adobe Premiere, Microsoft Movie Maker or whatnot.

I have a Pinnacle Systems TV tuner & capture card that only cost like $80. It can digitize anything fed into its RCA or S-Video inputs, i.e. VCR, DirecTV box, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.