Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It’s 2018 where are the big brake kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ConeDodger
I was going to say mine work well, but now that we’ve seen the car, you need something like PMB is coming out with. Mine is Ferrari 308/Alfa alloy fronts, and PMB alloy 914-6 rears.

The new PMB calipers, without the other things you’ll need to install them, will be in the neighborhood of $3500.00. But you’ll by god stop! Even that monster! Which looks pretty trick by the way... evilgrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 13 2018, 11:50 AM) *

I was going to say mine work well, but now that we’ve seen the car, you need something like PMB is coming out with. Mine is Ferrari 308/Alfa alloy fronts, and PMB alloy 914-6 rears.

The new PMB calipers, without the other things you’ll need to install them, will be in the neighborhood of $3500.00. But you’ll by god stop! Even that monster! Which looks pretty trick by the way... evilgrin.gif

As cool as those new calipers look, the rotors are way too small for those 18" wheels.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 13 2018, 03:07 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 13 2018, 11:50 AM) *

As cool as those new calipers look, the rotors are way too small for those 18" wheels.

They're radial mounted so you may be able to change the adapter size and bolt em up to the Carrera 24mm rotors. Other rotors with increased diameter are questionable so you might have to go to a full on 918 setup! happy11.gif
widebody914
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 12 2018, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Oct 10 2018, 09:01 AM) *

QUOTE(widebody914 @ Oct 8 2018, 09:56 AM) *

Ok sorry I should have been more descriptive of my build I have a 914 group5 wide body with a Chevy v8 and I also have a 5x114.3 bolt pattern and my wheels are BBS LMs 18x11 front 18x14 rear. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will. If anyone has Instagram my name is @anigav_480

Thanks for all the replies

Car in question:

That bolt pattern could be a blessing or a curse being a common Ford pattern.

On the plus side tons of big brake kits for Mustangs so the aluminum hats are available however the rotor offset might be funky. You will also have to deal with the hubs being so large in diameter, I ran into this when I did a 4x100 conversion on 914 years ago.

I would research what people have done with earlier 911s and contact Wilwood or Patrick motosports.

Might have to piece something together, but see below for some ideas.
https://www.rsrproducts.com/911-brake-systems

Yeah true true and willwood is good help but I live by Patrick Motorsports and unless you have a ton of money they will not help
widebody914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 13 2018, 01:50 PM) *

Thanks but I think that’s a little outside what I want to pay to stop my car beerchug.gif and thanks for the car complement I’m currently re building it again
Chris914n6
Lots of cars are 5x114. In particular the Nissan 350z/370z. Lots of big brakes there. Caliper spacing is 4" but you would need brackets to clear 12" rotors anyways. They also mount outside the hub, so cutting the rotors off stock hubs might work out with spacing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.