Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rt 66 Rally 2019 - Lake Havasu City, AZ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
76-914
41 days left
mgp4591
Booked!
I've signed up for a double just in case some CSOB like myself wants to save some cash...
I'll also be looking for a passenger seat as usual. Yes - the car is coming along slowly but surely. shades.gif
AZ914
Booked FRI and SAT nights. I don't think I can get there for the Friday drive, bumma! I should be there for parking lot shenanigans. smile.gif
76-914
icon_bump.gif 5 weeks and counting. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
VegasRacer
Final Warning. nuke.gif Only a few days left to get your order in for an event shirt. shirt order thread.
76-914
Chit, I forgetted. Uno extra largo, Señior. Anyone got an idea how we can get this thread highlighted? I've sent 2 requests to an admin! confused24.gif I could try making a Poitical comment to draw Clay's attention to this thread. av-943.gif lol-2.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 10 2019, 04:34 PM) *
Anyone got an idea how we can get this thread highlighted?

Highlights?! I loved that magazine as a child. prop.gif

Click to view attachment
michael7810
icon_bump.gif 4 weeks to get your car ready...
sb914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 10 2019, 08:42 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 10 2019, 04:34 PM) *
Anyone got an idea how we can get this thread highlighted?

Highlights?! I loved that magazine as a child. prop.gif

Click to view attachment

Me too ! They had them at the doctors offices and hospitals.
Mom and I would read them while waiting for the doctors.
VegasRacer
The Shirt Order Thread is Closed. smash.gif This is the final art.
76-914
icon_bump.gif 3 weeks
Chris914n6
Thanks for the new grey hairs man poke.gif

Spent all weekend on the car still haven't found the no spark/squirt problem. In the process of documenting every element of the conversion harness so I can redo the redo headbang.gif

QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 21 2019, 03:02 PM) *

icon_bump.gif 3 weeks

76-914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Mar 21 2019, 05:19 PM) *

Spent all weekend on the car still haven't found the no spark/squirt problem. In the process of documenting every element of the conversion harness so I can redo the redo headbang.gif

icon_bump.gif 3 weeks

poke.gif Do you know any good mechanics? av-943.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 21 2019, 06:33 PM) *

icon_bump.gif 3 weeks

poke.gif Do you know any good mechanics? av-943.gif

You know, it's not a proper conversion without odd problems laugh.gif
Chris914n6

slap.gif headbang.gif slap.gif headbang.gif

Lesson learned.

I've been using the jump box lately, finally put in a real battery. Turns out the voltage was dropping below the ECUs minimum to operate with the starter engaged. Yay 911 starter smash.gif

Still have a few big things to get done but it's promising.
76-914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Mar 23 2019, 04:15 PM) *

slap.gif headbang.gif slap.gif headbang.gif

Lesson learned.

I've been using the jump box lately, finally put in a real battery. Turns out the voltage was dropping below the ECUs minimum to operate with the starter engaged. Yay 911 starter smash.gif

Still have a few big things to get done but it's promising.

Alright Chris! aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland
Countdown 18 days.... smile.gif
76-914
Time to get the "Mother's" out this weekend & polish those wheels. beerchug.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
michael7810
I haven’t seen my car for a month. Need to visit my SIL and bring it home. But hey, it ran when parked!
ValcoOscar
OKAY!!!!

I'm set, making my final arrangements to attend.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all again.

@olsib914 I've got a car waiting for you.

beerchug.gif silver914.jpg

Oscar
stevend914
My trip to Texas this past weekend in the Bumblebee has put my attendance in question due to a starter issue...only have four days to sort that out.
76-914
Jump that thing Steve and come on out. We'll fix it in the parking lot 914 Style. beer.gif
76-914
My co-pilot bailed on me so I'm looking for someone to split the room with. beerchug.gif
michael7810
I didn’t get a chance to predrive the Saturday route and so I’m planning to drive it Thursday late morning on my way to Lake Havasu. Let me know if you want to meet in Parker around 10AM and come along.
stevend914
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Mar 25 2019, 06:05 PM) *

My trip to Texas this past weekend in the Bumblebee has put my attendance in question due to a starter issue...only have four days to sort that out.

Starter replaced, just need to change the oil tomorrow...and get rid some of that Texas dirt
michael7810
icon_bump.gif
jim_hoyland
Countdown = 13 days smile.gif
stevend914
driving.gif I'm heading west tomorrow morning...plan on arriving Santa Barbara Wed morning driving.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Mar 29 2019, 05:18 AM) *

driving.gif I'm heading west tomorrow morning...plan on arriving Santa Barbara Wed morning driving.gif

Shoot me a PM if plan to be in Phoenix and want to get together.
stevend914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Mar 29 2019, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(stevend914 @ Mar 29 2019, 05:18 AM) *

Shoot me a PM if plan to be in Phoenix and want to get together.

Thanks, I'm planning on spending some time north of Phoenix on Tuesday, but you know how plans can always change.
stevend914
So far knocking on whatever wood I can find has worked. Kingman, AZ tonight & Santa Barbara tomorrow afternoon. Frozen car two mornings in a row wasn't fun though.
ValcoOscar
Wow Steve....you've got us all beat on SEAT TIME!!! beerchug.gif

Oscar
jb57tub
Steve, hope you're having a good drive. If you're going I40 to Cali, remember to stop at Topac for a BLT, on the way. About 7 miles west of SH95, (the turn-off to Lake Havasu City), on the west bound side. If not you can always stop on the way back to LHC. Just a thought, one of my favorite places to stop while in the area. Have a good time. Jon
forrestkhaag
The Saturday drive route seems a little unsorted. Having used Black Meadow Landing as a hideout camp and departure for many a SeeDoo excursion in decades past, I can tell you the road sucks and the route has many turns and twists that, if a boat trailer gets in the mix, the fun is over. 14 mph for miles of unseen drunks on the road in every direction.

Just a thought / always have two ways out at all times - and preferably cell connection / BML has none of that AAA backup. That road is one way in and one way out.

jBut, I will go anywhere. WTF.gif

just a thought....

76-914
poke.gif And hopefully a certain somebody won't need to fill up 15 min's into the drive. shades.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Apr 2 2019, 06:42 PM) *

The Saturday drive route seems a little unsorted. Having used Black Meadow Landing as a hideout camp and departure for many a SeeDoo excursion in decades past, I can tell you the road sucks and the route has many turns and twists that, if a boat trailer gets in the mix, the fun is over. 14 mph for miles of unseen drunks on the road in every direction.

Just a thought / always have two ways out at all times - and preferably cell connection / BML has none of that AAA backup. That road is one way in and one way out.

jBut, I will go anywhere. WTF.gif

just a thought....

Sat drive is definitely unsorted. Having received no input until now I picked the route based solely on Google Maps. I plan to predrive it Thursday morning. If it really sucks we can head out to Oatman again or drink beer and hang out at the beach.
TravisNeff
I will not make it this time, I have to head up to WA to pickup a GTO to bring back to AZ. I will be driving through on Sunday if anyone is still around.
mgp4591
QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Apr 3 2019, 10:07 AM) *

I will not make it this time, I have to head up to WA to pickup a GTO to bring back to AZ. I will be driving through on Sunday if anyone is still around.

What year Goat?
TravisNeff
2006 6.0 liter with a manual. It's my dad's car and he is freeing up some garage space.
stevend914
Part 1 of trip in the books. Arrived Santa Barbara 3pm. Having a drink or three at the reception party.
76-914
Way to go Steve. Wring it out! beerchug.gif
76-914
ONE WEEK!
michael7810
I made reservations for dinner on Saturday at 6. Javelina Cafe 1420 N McCulloch Blvd. We’ll order off the menu please bring cash if you can to make payment easier. See you in a week
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Apr 4 2019, 09:32 AM) *

I made reservations for dinner on Saturday at 6. Javelina Cafe 1420 N McCulloch Blvd. We’ll order off the menu please bring cash if you can to make payment easier. See you in a week

Already hungry chowtime.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif beerchug.gif

aktion035.gif

Oscar
Chris914n6
Well that's that.

Sorta good that I have a system.
The oil lite didn't want to turn off.
Drop the filter... no flow.
Reason... unknown at this moment, but with all the cranking I've been doing it would be a miracle if the bearings weren't damaged. barf.gif

Now I need to decide how much I want to spend to get the bastard to WCR in 2 months. I will not be renting a Fiat poke.gif
jim_hoyland
Countdown = 6 days
forrestkhaag
Hey Oscar: are you towing your car for this event? If so can you throw the seats and rails in the pickup bed and i will pay for your gas - both ways.... beerchug.gif

if not, no worries / i may return to California someday and sort it out then....
Matty900
Is it too late to join in on the fun? I am thinking of flying in to Las Vegas and driving down to join for the weekend.
stevend914
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Apr 6 2019, 01:23 PM) *

Is it too late to join in on the fun? I am thinking of flying in to Las Vegas and driving down to join for the weekend.

Never too late. Not sure of hotel room availability.
michael7810
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Apr 6 2019, 11:23 AM) *

Cmon down. We’ll find you a bed if the hotel is full.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.