Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reason for my motivation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Krieger
WOW! Very special on so many levels! Forever recorded on video! Congratulations and happy birthday pops!
DRPHIL914
that’s so awesome! thanks for sharing. what a great day for you and your dad! and that blue is super. what year and code was it on the GT6? that looks similar to Maserat and Ferarri color Ocean Blue Metallic, i have on my 07 QP.
you are one of one, cool to be unique!
bbrock
Best 914 video ever! A special day for you, your dad, and family, but you also made my day too! Thank you!!!!
KELTY360
Unforgettable! Congratulations. smilie_pokal.gif
ValcoOscar
Awesome.... beer3.gif
djway
Miles of Smiles
Congratulations
smilie_pokal.gif
Cairo94507
You made his day and all of ours too. That is so cool. beerchug.gif
Dion
beerchug.gif That video is priceless. Cherish the time. Thank you for sharing that moment.
JRust
That's what it's all about right there my friend. Way to go building it & getting him out for a ride. Seriously great story to share. Thanks for letting us all come along for the ride as well. Absolutely awesome
racer914
Very cool story...thanks for sharing it.
cali914
Awesome, superb, and touching. I am not sure there are enough adjectives to even describe your feelings.
iankarr
Amazing. Thanks for takinig us along on this special journey....
morsmanlaw
The only thing more beautiful than your restoration is the story.

By the way, what exhaust are you running? It sounds terrific.
BPic
Thanks everyone for the kind words! It was a great day. He's never ridden in a Porsche and was very impressed.
It was a very special day for me (and him) indeed. beerchug.gif
BPic
QUOTE(morsmanlaw @ Sep 7 2020, 06:29 PM) *

The only thing more beautiful than your restoration is the story.

By the way, what exhaust are you running? It sounds terrific.

It's a Triad and yep... I love the sound!!!
BPic
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 6 2020, 10:05 PM) *

that’s so awesome! thanks for sharing. what a great day for you and your dad! and that blue is super. what year and code was it on the GT6? that looks similar to Maserat and Ferarri color Ocean Blue Metallic, i have on my 07 QP.
you are one of one, cool to be unique!

I may have mistyped. It's actually from a 2006 GT4. The code is N4 but MX5 is very close.
PanelBilly
Life is good
914-300Hemi
first.gif

Great job. beer3.gif time.
BPic
A few small details to sort out, yep steering wheel is crooked, but I'm going to call her done and just drive her for now. I'll pull the original interior and redo it next year sometime.
I am amazed I got this far and would like to express my thanks to everyone on this board for the historical posts and replies to some of my stupid ass questions. You all helped me so much along the way I can't even begin to tell you how much I have learned from you.

Thanks everyone and I'm sure I'll have some more questions but I'll attempt to not add another project to her and just driving.gif

Did a little photo shoot this afternoon.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

djway
BEAUTIFUL!
drooley.gif
Dion
Looks awesome. smilie_pokal.gif
MM1
Great and inspirational story-congrats to your Father and his “successful Porsche-driving son” !

smilie_pokal.gif

drunk.gif
Gint
The story alone was worth it. The 914 is a bonus. Good for you. And your dad. That's awesome! My father in law (wife's father) had dimensia. It sucks.

The car looks fantastic! Love that color.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.