Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Trailing Arms
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
andys
Don't ask me why I chose blue. It photographs better than black.

Close of bottom left.

Andys
andys
Wilwood mechanical spot caliper. I designed the parking brake cable bulkhead and the hydraulic brake line bulkhead to pick up the stock locations, thus the stock connections.

Close of parking brake:

Andys
TravisNeff
That is trick!
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif clap.gif those look amazing!
andys
BTW, the heavy P-brake return spring is a must, otherwise the cable will not properly extend and the P-brake pads will drag.

Andys
Aaron Cox
dude!!!
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Andyrew
when are they going in production!!! wink.gif

Cool beans!!!!!
914MF
smilie_pokal.gif wub.gif boldblue.gif pray.gif aktion035.gif Those are awesome!!!!!!!!
Britain Smith
Those look awesome.

However, what is the advantage of your design? Maybe I missed something, but you still don't have a method to adjust rear camber with this set-up. Just wondering.

-Britain
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Britain Smith @ Sep 12 2005, 02:52 PM)
Those look awesome.

However, what is the advantage of your design? Maybe I missed something, but you still don't have a method to adjust rear camber with this set-up. Just wondering.

-Britain

bigger bearings was one thing noted, along with late model hubs to facilitate beefier axle install.

He also stated that he could "BUILD" up to 3 degrees of camber in to them, but to adjust, you still require shims like stock
andys
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 12 2005, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (Britain Smith @ Sep 12 2005, 02:52 PM)
Those look awesome.

However, what is the advantage of your design?  Maybe I missed something, but you still don't have a method to adjust rear camber with this set-up.  Just wondering.

-Britain

bigger bearings was one thing noted, along with late model hubs to facilitate beefier axle install.

He also stated that he could "BUILD" up to 3 degrees of camber in to them, but to adjust, you still require shims like stock

Yeah Aaron, you're right.

I also placed the (larger late 911) bearing 1.20" further outboard to keep the wheels spacers down to a reasonable thickness for my 993 wheels, and to facilitate CV adapters for my transaxle.

The design was to simply replicate the existing trailing arm (with some necessary changes) for a V8 street application. I would have approached the design differently for a track car.

Andys
Mueller
QUOTE (andys @ Sep 12 2005, 11:37 AM)
Wilwood mechanical spot caliper. I designed the parking brake cable bulkhead and the hydraulic brake line bulkhead to pick up the stock locations, thus the stock connections.

Close of parking brake:

Andys

neat !!!!!

I was just on evilBay looking at those Wilwood calipers....hmmmmm....mind if I "borrow" some ideas from your design??
(not for commercial use biggrin.gif )
wbergtho
I had Randy Beck in Upland, Ca fabricate my rear trailing arms utilizing 930 turbo calipers & rotors...also with the 930 parking brake integrated within the rear rotors as on a stock 930. I'm sure anyone will decent fabrication skills could copy my set-up.

Bill

74 914
White Sheridan bodied w/ LS6 (500HP)
redshift
Ok Andy, you got the job. Starts tomorrow, $9/hr, and full benefits. *(ham sandwiches, 2x per day)

Great work.

M
Verruckt
Andys

Eagerly awaiting the day when you start a new thread in the vendors section. wink.gif
Brando
Hot damn Andy, that's some marvelous work.
andys
QUOTE (redshift @ Oct 30 2005, 11:48 PM)
Ok Andy, you got the job. Starts tomorrow, $9/hr, and full benefits. *(ham sandwiches, 2x per day)

Great work.

M

M,

If I paid you the $9/hr, it probably would have cost me less.............But those ham sandwiches would do fine, as long as there was something to wash 'em down with.

Andys
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (andys @ Oct 31 2005, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (redshift @ Oct 30 2005, 11:48 PM)

Great work.

M

M,

If I paid you the $9/hr, it probably would have cost me less.............But those ham sandwiches would do fine, as long as there was something to wash 'em down with.

Andys

tap water smile.gif

lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.