Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sub Woofer Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
bbrock
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ May 22 2022, 11:12 AM) *

Thanks Mark - we know you're busy and always bringing something new to the market - just keeping this in line! aktion035.gif

agree.gif Thanks for the update Mark. We do appreciate the furious pace you've been developing products at.

And just as a reminder, I believe most of us waiting on these agreed that unported boxes would be best and easier to produce. Since ideal port size varies by speaker, probably best to leave that for the customers to modify as needed.
mb911
Let's just all do high quality wood ones. If nothing else I could do them . Let me know
bbrock
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 22 2022, 06:46 PM) *

Let's just all do high quality wood ones. If nothing else I could do them . Let me know

The challenge is that the foot well space has a very complicated contour. You need to use pretty much all of that space to get enough volume for a decent sub enclosure so it doesn't lend itself to wood. I'm a woodworker myself and have contemplated whether it could be done. The only way I come up with is to cut a front and end piece that is sealed to the metal bulkhead to create a sealed air volume. If I had a spare footwell foam, I'd lop off the inner end to get a good template for a cut.
mgp4591
There's a design in the works to maximize the forward part of the console to fit a sub box with a 6" sub and a labyrinth baffle to have in drop into the 60hz range which should be enough with the cabin gain to provide a good bump. Possibly even 2 6s...
Mikey914
Actually, it's not that I'm not doing anything here. I have some tooling partially completed, and once I can complete it, it will make these fit well and will make these easy to mass produce. I appreciate the patience.
Mark
Nexage
The Kenwood KFC-4675C speakers sound like a solid choice, especially with the built-in midrange and high-range components. Using a passive crossover along with an original Blaupunkt tuner and an '80s power amp sounds like a smart way to maintain the authenticity of a car restoration while maintaining the desired sound quality.

Installing sound deadening materials throughout the vehicle was a smart move to reduce noise and improve the overall driving experience. And I must say, your son’s idea of installing a subwoofer on the center console is quite brilliant! This is a creative solution that preserves the original appearance of the car and gives the audio system additional expressiveness.

I would also recommend that you create personal software for high-quality stereo system setup. The professionals of the https://www.cogniteq.com/ team can help with this; they will do everything in the best possible way.
ctc911ctc
Thank you for the nice complement - he is in Engineering school now, we both would like to do a 2.0 version - we learned a great deal......

QUOTE(Nexage @ Apr 1 2024, 03:10 PM) *

The Kenwood KFC-4675C speakers sound like a solid choice, especially with the built-in midrange and high-range components. Using a passive crossover along with an original Blaupunkt tuner and an '80s power amp sounds like a smart way to maintain the authenticity of a car restoration while maintaining the desired sound quality.

Installing sound deadening materials throughout the vehicle was a smart move to reduce noise and improve the overall driving experience. And I must say, your son’s idea of installing a subwoofer on the center console is quite brilliant! This is a creative solution that preserves the original appearance of the car and gives the audio system additional expressiveness.

Freezin 914
Do the Kenwood KFC 4675C speakers fit factory grills with no mods? Just looking at this….anyone install them recently?
JmuRiz
They should, most 4x6 or 4x6 plate speakers fit w/o mods.
I had infinity kappa 4x6 plates (separate 4” and tweeter) worked like a charm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.