Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Teener Turnout
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
PanelBilly
I was planning on send out an email today but I just had too much on my plate. I think most everything is spelled out here and on the Motorsports site. In the simplest form

Saturday 9am is the tech. Show up after 8. That’s when I’ll be there. Julie will have a check in table with name tags and goodies. The dealer will have muffins and coffee

After tech we go on the tour. We’ll end at the park for the Oktoberfest. There will be people t show you where to park

Sunday is th brunch. Show u around 9. We’ll have a cameraman there who will be recording interviews of everyone we ca fit in. We’ll go in for brunch at 11:30. I’ll have a tent outside for the interviews

Have lots of goodies!
greenie
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 6 2019, 03:50 AM) *

Well...did you figure it out? shades.gif

Nope sad.gif

You guys have a good time, thanks for all the effort Billy.

I'll see you next time driving.gif
PanelBilly
Ow the forecast for Saturday say no rain.
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

Fighting traffic on Friday rush hour putting up tour signs
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
TC 914-8
QUOTE(greenie @ Sep 12 2019, 09:00 PM) *

Nope sad.gif

Greenie, don’t you have a tail dragger you can drive ? confused24.gif bootyshake.gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 13 2019, 07:17 PM) *

Think we’re gonna need a bigger sign beerchug.gif driving.gif hard to see at speed confused24.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Sep 13 2019, 07:22 PM) *

QUOTE(greenie @ Sep 12 2019, 09:00 PM) *

Nope sad.gif

Greenie, don’t you have a tail dragger you can drive ? confused24.gif bootyshake.gif

He's afraid we'll use it for parts
Rocky
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Sep 13 2019, 07:23 PM) *

Think we’re gonna need a bigger sign beerchug.gif driving.gif hard to see at speed confused24.gif

Good enough! driving.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Sep 13 2019, 07:23 PM) *

Its letter size, but that would still be a blur at your speeds
rjames
Forecast looks ok. See y’all in the morning!
PanelBilly
Just finished the name tags and the final count

26 914
7 other Porsches
scallyk9
That's a very good turnout. Your effort and diligence on creating this is greatly appreciated. See you in the morning.
Matty900
Could not make it up today but I will be up in the morning. See you then beerchug.gif
JRust
Was hoping to make it up tomorrow for the brunch. Not going to happen. Not only is my car not quite ready. I've had a really long week & tomorrow is my only day to just relax. So a 6 hour drive for a 2 hour brunch just isn't in the cards. Hope you all are having a great time. Appreciate pics
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

Few of the beer drinkers with Manuela
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

Manuela is a bit taller than Tony
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment

Dane showing off his workmanship. Dealer didn’t want his car in the showroom. Guess it wasn’t pretty enough. Everybody sure liked seeing it. Thanks Dane, it was a lot of work for hm to trailer it out and back.
Bleyseng
Fun event Billy! Thanks a lot for the great time. I can't make the event today, damn.
rjames
Was a great event! Billy, you and your lovely wife were excellent hosts (forgive me for forgetting her name) and put a lot of work into the event. Thank you!!

A few photos...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rjames
My car was invited into the showroom for the 914 overview session, flaws and all. unsure.gif There were nicer cars than mine to bring in to the showroom, but it didn't look half bad under the the showroom lights.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Mark Greene
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

rjames
In the shop looking at Anklebiter. Nice GT3 on the lift...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Rich also gave a great overview of his his creamsicle but I missed getting a photo.
rjames
Getting ready for the group ride...
Click to view attachment

On the road
Click to view attachment

Pit stop
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Representing at Oktoberfest
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
TC 914-8
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 15 2019, 06:35 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Manuela is a bit taller than Tony

I’m thinking everything lines up just perfect beerchug.gif lol-2.gif
Thanks Billy !!! See you soon driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
TC 914-8
More Picts
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Chasing Eddie
plymouth37
Click to view attachment
We had an absolute blast, only made the morning tech session but it was great, wonderful event Billy, thank you to everyone who made it possible!

Click to view attachment
GT3s make good backgrounds biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Sep 16 2019, 10:15 AM) *

Click to view attachment
We had an absolute blast, only made the morning tech session but it was great, wonderful event Billy, thank you to everyone who made it possible!

Click to view attachment
GT3s make good backgrounds biggrin.gif

wasserboxers beerchug.gif
914werke
Finally getting around to chime in and thank Billy (& Julie) for all their efforts! smilie_pokal.gif
Very successful & enjoyable gathering / celebration~
Larson Porsche (dealership) was a very hospitable & professional jumping off point.
The drive was a bit rough through the urban leg, but opened up after the quicky-mart stop!! driving.gif smile.gif
The park & party were great I got to meet a a bunch of folks, including an amazon with a terrible singing voice laugh.gif
Props to all the OR folks for driving up! aktion035.gif
My car looked good & drove well until the return home when I lost a battery. confused24.gif
Sun. morn was a wash-out with a cold & rainy day. Marc Green was a trooper for sitting out there under a pop up suffering while photo interviewing we that braved the weather.
Look forward to how badly we (I) look on camera. wacko.gif

Now we get a break before we do it all again for the real 50th anniversary (2020/9/14) happy11.gif
scallyk9
Well put, Rich. Kudos to Billy and Julie and the rest of the team for a job very well done!

I spent Saturday evening wondering about Sunday's rain forecast. Ready to go early Sunday, I fell prey to fear of hydro-lock and spent the rest of the day contemplating a rain shield for my exposed cone air filter and missing the frivolity.
PanelBilly
Sunday morning's rain storm was horrific and for a while I thought no one was going to show up. Here I am all by myself

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
We did manage to get 6 914s and that made a nice backdrop for the video. I had said we would be doing some recording,
but I don't think anyone was ready for it. All the better, we got some spontaneous answers. Here's Rich and Todd in the hot seat.
I need to get some editing done next

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Where? McClendons Renton?
piscean914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 17 2019, 04:53 PM) *

Where? McClendons Renton?

the golden steer in kent

also, one of my many nicknames in college!

thanks to billy, his spouse, and everyone else for this well attended great local event!
914werke
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 17 2019, 03:55 PM) *
Here's Rich and Todd in the hot seat.
I need to get some editing done next

OH my eyes! icon8.gif
rhodyguy
The price of fame.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.