Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Teener Turnout
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
scallyk9
Rocky. I had the same problem and have it everytime I visit msreg.com using Explorer and MS Security Essentials with a Windows 10 OS. Very ominous but so far no ill effects.
PanelBilly
Motorsportsreg was just bought by Hagerty and they’re having problems. I talked to them about the security warnings and they are working on it. Again if you’d like just send me a pm and I’ll show you registered. I have paper tickets for the Oktoberfest that I can put your name on and you can pay me back on the day of the event.
PanelBilly
I just got done talking with a tech from the site and they would like to know what problems users are having. I tried registering on three
different browsers with three different computers and they all worked. Hopefully they fixed the issues, but if not, let me know.

I don't want to make this difficult. Here's another photo of Mark Greene

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Better yet, here's another photo of Manuela Horn.
I'm telling you, she's a hoot!

Click to view attachment
TC 914-8
Hi Billy,
After reading the thread I’m still interested, what overnight hotels are nearby? Or a central location? I’d be a pussy to trailer my car but may have to fill up twice to get there.
Rocky what’s your plan ???
Rocky
Billy, I’ll try again this weekend and if I run into problems I’ll pm you. I’m definitely going! Mark green lives across the street from my parents.
Tony your always welcome at casa del rock!
DRPHIL914
Interested in getting a t-shirt!
914werke
I got registered ....still got the security warnings
rjames
Registered!
PanelBilly
If you're coming from out of town I'd recommend you stay at Comfort Inn at 22311 84th Ave S. in Kent. The rooms are nice and the
parking lot is safe. The manage said the best prices are normally found on Expedia, but occasionally on of the other travel sites
beats them. Maybe we can plan a Friday night gathering if there's enough people up for that.

Here's another tease for Oktoberfest

Click to view attachment
PanelBilly
Warning issue is figured out. It has to do with a SSL certificate that was registered for http, but not https. They are fixing it now, but if you're concerned about the warning type in

http://msreg.com/914Turnout and it should work fine. If not, please let me know
914werke
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 26 2019, 01:52 PM) *
Here's another tease for Oktoberfest Click to view attachment

unsure.gif
914werke
icon_bump.gif
plymouth37
Happy to say that the Anklebiter and I will be there for brunch on the 15th as long as the weather cooperates!
warpig
Hotel booked. Leaving Fri AM. Thanks to Cary @ Middle Motors, my car is running super cool so, thinking of taking the scenic route from PDX. driving.gif
Westport ferry across the Columbia, up hwy's, 4, 101, 107, 112 and 8, then maybe up the 3 and take the ferry across to Seattle.
If anybody in PDX wants to tag along let me know. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
To take a boat to Seattle it's Bainbridge, Bremerton or Southworth. Friday? Check with WA Ferry if a reservation might be required. The days of driving up and just getting on a boat are over during certain runs. Do not take the boat to Edmonds. You'll get to the hotel in about 2 hours during commute. You don't want to be getting off any boat before 7pm.
warpig
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 1 2019, 05:43 PM) *

To take a boat to Seattle it's Bainbridge, Bremerton or Southworth. Friday? Check with WA Ferry if a reservation might be required. The days of driving up and just getting on a boat are over during certain runs. Do not take the boat to Edmonds. You'll get to the hotel in about 2 hours during commute. You don't want to be getting off any boat before 7pm.

Thanks for the heads up. Thinking Southworth/Faunterloy just because it sounds sooo gay. grouphug.gif But going to get there early, around 2, (I hope). I know the traffic up there can be as bad as LA.
rhodyguy
There was a piece about the ferrys last night on the news RE wait times. 2 weekends ago the wait was up to 3 hours on some sailings. Not a holiday weekend either. If you can get off the boat by 2 traffic shouldn't be too bad. The loop you have planned will take some time.
warpig
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 2 2019, 06:55 AM) *

There was a piece about the ferrys last night on the news RE wait times. 2 weekends ago the wait was up to 3 hours on some sailings. Not a holiday weekend either. If you can get off the boat by 2 traffic shouldn't be too bad. The loop you have planned will take some time.

Ya, thinking 5 - 6 hours to get to the ferry. Did it a couple years ago in the wife's Focus. barf.gif
It was a nice drive, traffic when we got into the civilized areas was mostly headed the other way. Fourth of July weekend too, can't remember what day of the week though. Stayed the night in Bremmerton and caught an early ferry the next am. Hope this trip goes that easy. shades.gif
PanelBilly
Click to view attachment
Rocky
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 26 2019, 01:10 PM) *

Warning issue is figured out. It has to do with a SSL certificate that was registered for http, but not https. They are fixing it now, but if you're concerned about the warning type in

http://msreg.com/914Turnout and it should work fine. If not, please let me know

Well Billy, I registered for the motorsports site but there was nothing to confirm I registered for the event or where to pay??? Really non intuitive.
TC 914-8
I registered and confirmed 2 weeks ago, not sure my plan on arrival. If I leave here Sat AM I should meet up w Rocky in GH by 9 ish then head to the tech session.
Refresh us on the time lines, schedule, and locations

Thanks Billy
TC 914-8
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 31 2019, 09:49 AM) *

Tony, the hotel in Kent is 35 miles or so from Tacoma. Don't take a boat. Drive over the Narrows. If you decide to stay in Tacoma the 'La Quinta Inn' is pretty nice. Left on Portland AVE off of I-5. Close to the Porsche dealership in a round about way. The 'sweet spot' timewise is being thru Tacoma before 3. Traffic congestion goes south rapidly. If you're trailering the 914 the boat will be really expensive and you might need a reservation to get on the one you want. Both ways. Hassle.

Hi Kevin, I’ll be driving around, maybe stopping to meet up w Rocky and caravanning together. I’ll check the location of the event and book closer. Possibly BW Fed Way or ??
TC 914-8
Just booked a room at the new Holiday Inn in Auburn, I have points at IHG and Hilton so the HI cost me $30 and 20000 points, the Hampton Inn in Kent seemed closer but way more $$$
Bleyseng
Ok, I signed up.... bootyshake.gif
PanelBilly
Talked with Greenie tonight. I really debated on sharing the news that he's planning to attend. I hope this doesn't start the the rush to cancel registration!

Saturday the day begins at 9:00 with the tech session. I'll be there at 8 to get the final issues sorted out. James and I have been talking about hosting a Friday evening gig for the out of towners, if there's enough interest
greenie
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 4 2019, 06:03 PM) *

Talked with Greenie tonight. I really debated on sharing the news that he's planning to attend. I hope this doesn't start the the rush to cancel registration!

Saturday the day begins at 9:00 with the tech session. I'll be there at 8 to get the final issues sorted out. James and I have been talking about hosting a Friday evening gig for the out of towners, if there's enough interest

Thanks for the warm welcome Billy... agree.gif

I've got a week to solve this fuel problem but I plan on seeing my real friends soon.

Great job organizing this event!
TC 914-8
QUOTE(greenie @ Sep 4 2019, 08:29 PM) *

I've got a week to solve this fuel problem but I plan on seeing my real friends soon.

Can’t wait to see you Greenie, you and Rocky can figure some type of competition to out do each other. sheeplove.gif grouphug.gif

Fuel problem ?
Start replacing the fuel filter, then fuel pump, regulator, fuel lines, then find out you’re just low on fuel. It’s a sending unit problem slap.gif
PanelBilly
Another update

On Sunday morning before the brunch 9-11am, Mark Greene will be interviewing people about their cars and I'll have a
professional cameraman there to record it. Mark does this for a living, so I know he'll look good on camera. Will you?

Click to view attachment
Rocky
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Sep 4 2019, 09:04 PM) *

Can’t wait to see you Greenie, you and Rocky can figure some type of competition to out do each other. sheeplove.gif grouphug.gif

Fuel problem ?
Start replacing the fuel filter, then fuel pump, regulator, fuel lines, then find out you’re just low on fuel. It’s a sending unit problem slap.gif

He’s sandbagging! He just can’t bare to have another “year of the Rocky” repeat. bootyshake.gif KMA.gif
rhodyguy
Well...did you figure it out? shades.gif
Betty
FYI, Tommy Kendall's Dad used to have a 914. We got a chance to talk to him for a little bit at Amelia Island when they had the big 914 display. He's a super nice guy!
PanelBilly
QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 6 2019, 03:28 PM) *

FYI, Tommy Kendall's Dad used to have a 914. We got a chance to talk to him for a little bit at Amelia Island when they had the big 914 display. He's a super nice guy!

Does he live in the Seattle area?
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 13 2019, 10:23 AM) *

Rich confirmed it this morning. I'm fucking nuts! Taking on a new weekend event is like having another job!

On the bright side, Mark Greene has been very helpful. I'm sure everyone who attends the brunch on Sunday morning
will be entertained. He's going to talk about what he has learned after interviewing over 1300 "carguys" (and Gals).

https://msreg.com/914turnout

Amen to that—and Mark is great people. Wish I could be in two states at once, and wish you every success with your weekend!
TC 914-8
QUOTE(Rocky @ Sep 5 2019, 09:46 PM) *

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Sep 4 2019, 09:04 PM) *

Fuel problem ?

He’s sandbagging! He just can’t bare to have another “year of the Rocky” repeat. bootyshake.gif KMA.gif

Here we go , I wonder how you two would be on the golf course confused24.gif stirthepot.gif
greenie
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 6 2019, 03:50 AM) *

Well...did you figure it out? shades.gif

I think so...

New 2 port pump from 3 port, took her for a test drive all was good. driving.gif

She stalled on a hard up hill turn.

Long story short, when I last pulled the tank I added some length to the lines.
I believe I was kinking the supply line.
Pulled the tank tonight, very carefully rearranged the lines and reinstalled. I then inspected from underside, still kinked. WTF.gif
I put a temporary support on the kink and all is good. I'm going to add some hose supports next week

I think this was the problem .

JRust
I'm going to try to make it up for a day. Probably be Sunday. My car still isn't ready but I'm waiting on a fuel pump. Which should have it running. I noticed my clutch on the floor. My new hydraulic line apparently has a leak. I've got to see from where dry.gif
PanelBilly
I'm only going to post this offer here. This offer isn't being made to everyone. I know some of you would like to attend the event, but just can't make it for one reason or another (or maybe you can't handle the TRAFFIC!).

Anyways, I have three very nice gift certificates that will be raffled off at the Oktoberfest. They are:

$500 Labor only transmission rebuild by Dr Evil
$100 Gift Certificate to Sierra Madrea
Caliber set Rebuild by PMB

Raffle tickets are $20 for 25 tickets. You Paypal me the money and tell me how many tickets to put in each raffle box. Send the Paypal as a gift so I don't pay extra. If your not a Paypal user, send me a PM and we'll figure out another way. My accout is wmshott@gmail.com

If you're going to the event, you can buy ticket there. There will be other stuff at he raffle and they'll also be auctioning off 2 new 4K TVs. All the $ goes to the Rotary club who is funding the beer and entertainment. Looks like there will be 200 people there, so it will be a small Oktoberfest, but large enough crowd for fun.

Break out your lederhosen
Betty
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 7 2019, 09:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 6 2019, 03:28 PM) *

Does he live in the Seattle area?

I think Tommy Kendall lives in Florida, but I won't swear to it.
PanelBilly
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 8 2019, 08:31 AM) *

I'm going to try to make it up for a day. Probably be Sunday. My car still isn't ready but I'm waiting on a fuel pump. Which should have it running. I noticed my clutch on the floor. My new hydraulic line apparently has a leak. I've got to see from where dry.gif

Come up Saturday night and you can stay with us
rhodyguy
'Handling traffic' is not an issue. I KNOW how to handle traffic. It's called avoidence. Btw, make sure you're in the correct lane when you get to Fife or you'll be making a Uturn on 56th street south.
plymouth37
Looks like the Anklebiter and I will come to the tech session on Saturday morning rather than the brunch.

Looking forward to seeing everybody! Thanks for arranging everything Billy!
Rocky
Hay Billy, do you have the addresses for these locations we will meet somewhere?
Thanks for putting this together! Prey for no rain blink.gif
sportlicherFahrer
@Rocky 1701-A Alexander Ave E, Fife, WA 98424 is the dealer in Fife.

14800 SE 272nd St, Kent, WA 98030 is Lake Meridian Park where the tour ends.

23826 104th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98031 is the Golden Steer for breakfast on Sunday.
Rocky
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Sep 11 2019, 07:45 AM) *

@Rocky 1701-A Alexander Ave E, Fife, WA 98424 is the dealer in Fife.

14800 SE 272nd St, Kent, WA 98030 is Lake Meridian Park where the tour ends.

23826 104th Ave SE, Kent, WA 98031 is the Golden Steer for breakfast on Sunday.

Dankeschön aktion035.gif
Tbrown4x4
Cool. Addresses are in my phone. Just a wash and wax away from being ready. (Oh man. I probably just jinxed it.)
Don Contreras
Anyone still looking for a place to stay? We have a vacation rental on S Lake Washington 5 minutes from downtown Renton. It's listed on VRBO.COM listing# 7073472. Shows a 3 night min but can do less. Hope everyone has a great time!

Thanks,
Don
EvilOlderBrother
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 9 2019, 08:08 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 8 2019, 08:31 AM) *

Come up Saturday night and you can stay with us

As his older brother and having shared a room with him for years, all need to be aware.

He farts all night long. You may want to find a hotel!
PanelBilly
Saturday’s weather is looking better than originally forecasted. Don’t let the threat of rain keep you home.

I’ll be emailing everyone a schedule tonight as well as posting it here
piscean914
hey guys - i will be registering soon - thanks for putting this event together!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/pacific-nor...ml#post10590383
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.