Pages: 1, 2, 3
Tdskip
QUOTE(oldschool @ May 1 2019, 06:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ May 1 2019, 04:54 PM) *

Anyone have an engine stand?

I have a HF one I don't use

Well I could use it.

:-)

Oops - need an adapter to use that with a Type 4. Any chance you have that with the engine stand?
Tdskip
Anyone have a spare good carpet set?
ValcoOscar
I have about 6 sets of calipers...here are some

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ May 1 2019, 08:19 PM) *

I have about 6 sets of calipers...here are some

Click to view attachment

@ValcoOscar
@Eric_shea

Eric usually buys rear calipers for cores. Not a big call for them at swap meets.

Carl La Fong
QUOTE(Tdskip @ May 1 2019, 08:53 PM) *

I'm getting a new set. You can have my old one. We can negotiate a price. laugh.gif
Carl La Fong
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 18 2019, 05:18 PM) *

I still miss the offensive narrative meant to offend completely everyone since no one should be left out.

RIP

Everyone knows what cheapass mofo's 914 drivers are. That's a bad enough reputation but if you DON'T show up for the finest 914 swap meet in So. Cal. to buy some cheapass parts, you will be vilified and humiliated beyond comprehension. bootyshake.gif Bring some of that useless trash that has been laying around your garage for f*ucking ever and get it sold. Here's a useful tip. If you want to buy something from Bruce Stone, (and you should) offer half what he is asking. Especially if it's something less than $20. He loves that. Trust me. If you happen to NOT show up at this event and DO show up at the WCR, you will be pointed at and denigrated by myself and anyone else I can convince to do the same. Show some class. Come to the G&R. Come check out that beautiful black car (if it makes it) with the bolt on plastic GT flairs and let the owner know how envious you are of his fantastically put together car. laugh.gif Take a look (briefly) at Kent's car, "The Plumbers Nightmare" and try not to laugh too much. He's a very sensitive fellow. His inquiry about "speed bumps" at the G&R was too funny considering anything with the word speed in it is, well... av-943.gif laugh.gif lol-2.gif
Chi-town
That was the best thing I've read all day laugh.gif
Larmo63
Kent and "Mr. LaFong" will be arm wrestling promptly at 9:00 sharp.

This is an event within the event.

Not to be missed, step right up and place your bets.

May the best man win. smilie_pokal.gif
Larmo63
I'll bring this for anybody who wants it:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...-914-613-163-00

$45.00
second wind
Gee Carl.....I guess I will be there.....so what about those visors in your picture Oscar?? Please do tell and if the real deal I would like to call dibs!!!
Thank you,
gg
oldschool
QUOTE(Tdskip @ May 1 2019, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ May 1 2019, 06:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ May 1 2019, 04:54 PM) *

Anyone have an engine stand?

I have a HF one I don't use

Well I could use it.

:-)

Oops - need an adapter to use that with a Type 4. Any chance you have that with the engine stand?
No but I made it work for my 2.0
914_teener
QUOTE(Carl La Fong @ May 1 2019, 09:42 PM) *

I still miss the offensive narrative meant to offend completely everyone since no one should be left out.

RIP

Everyone knows what cheapass mofo's 914 drivers are. That's a bad enough reputation but if you DON'T show up for the finest 914 swap meet in So. Cal. to buy some cheapass parts, you will be vilified and humiliated beyond comprehension. bootyshake.gif Bring some of that useless trash that has been laying around your garage for f*ucking ever and get it sold. Here's a useful tip. If you want to buy something from Bruce Stone, (and you should) offer half what he is asking. Especially if it's something less than $20. He loves that. Trust me. If you happen to NOT show up at this event and DO show up at the WCR, you will be pointed at and denigrated by myself and anyone else I can convince to do the same. Show some class. Come to the G&R. Come check out that beautiful black car (if it makes it) with the bolt on plastic GT flairs and let the owner know how envious you are of his fantastically put together car. laugh.gif Take a look (briefly) at Kent's car, "The Plumbers Nightmare" and try not to laugh too much. He's a very sensitive fellow. His inquiry about "speed bumps" at the G&R was too funny considering anything with the word speed in it is, well... av-943.gif laugh.gif lol-2.gif

Perfect Carl.....

Made my day. I saw "Plumbers Nightmare" at the California Festival of Speed. It won the Concours event with the Duct Tape Intake scoop.

See all there.
Tdskip
Anyone have a good rear trans cover with mounting ears? I have a tail shift that was converted to a side shifter that is leaking like a sieve so thinking I might as well replace it if I'm going to deal with it.
euro911

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/1Ar79EC2I90
76-914
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 2 2019, 04:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Carl La Fong @ May 1 2019, 09:42 PM) *

RIP

Perfect Carl.....

Made my day. I saw "Plumbers Nightmare" at the California Festival of Speed. It won the Concours event with the Duct Tape Intake scoop.

See all there.

Wasn't mine!
914_7T3
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Apr 20 2019, 07:47 AM) *

Bump

Please bump this thread and add the @ and the screen name to notify someone who may be interested.

@914 7T3
@Blue6

@bdstone914 Appreciate the shoutout, but will not make it this time around. Will be spending the weekend trying to get my car together.

Have fun out there with @Carl La Fong
Carl La Fong
"Any man that hates children and animals, can't be all bad" W.C. Fields.
76-914
"It was a woman that drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her." W.C. Fields
a914luvr
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 18 2019, 03:18 PM) *

RIP

Me too. I always looked forward to his "colorful" announcement. I'll be there. May or may not be a seller.
bdstone914
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 2 2019, 03:23 PM) *

Bump

Please bump this thread and add the @ and the screen name to notify someone who may be interested.

@914 7T3
@Blue6

@bdstone914 Appreciate the shoutout, but will not make it this time around. Will be spending the weekend trying to get my car together.

@914_7T3
What kind of way is that to spend a Sunday ?
914_7T3
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 2 2019, 09:53 PM) *

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ May 2 2019, 03:23 PM) *

Bump

@914 7T3
@Blue6

@914_7T3
What kind of way is that to spend a Sunday ?

Long story, but I'm way behind on reassembly and finally don't require parts. I'll be there in October as a Power Seller.
Tdskip
QUOTE(Carl La Fong @ May 1 2019, 11:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ May 1 2019, 08:53 PM) *

I'm getting a new set. You can have my old one. We can negotiate a price. laugh.gif

Great!

@oldschool - a guy at the shop I have access to just have me an engine stand so I am all set. I wanted to let you know ASAP so you don’t drag it out for no reason.
monkeyboy
I will be there with parts I have left over after the sale of my car. I know I have a unused set of bumper tops,l and I think some bumpers that are bare and ready for chrome.

I will be there with more.
euro911
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ May 3 2019, 12:35 PM) *
I will be there with parts I have left over after the sale of my car. I know I have a unused set of bumper tops,l and I think some bumpers that are bare and ready for chrome.

WHAT? ... you sold your car? slap.gif

Say hi to your dad for me shades.gif
colingreene
Ill be there in a 911
914 is being a dickhead for the first time ever.
Chi-town
I'm tossing a "free" box together. Buy something, get something free!
jim_hoyland
I broke the engine lid Torsion rod cover; where they cross in the middle. Want to get one at the G&R....
Chi-town
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 4 2019, 09:35 AM) *

I broke the engine lid Torsion rod cover; where they cross in the middle. Want to get one at the G&R....

I have 4 engine lids I'm bringing, you can steal one if you bring the tools to remove it.

I will also have 8 Targa tops ranging from $20-$150
3 sets of side shift linkage
Lots of hardware
Lots of latches
Lots of switches
A few rarer steering wheels
A few sets of front / rear hinges
Some fog light stuff
Some fog light grilles
4 engine covers
2 crack free lower dash pads
And more!

914Toy
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ May 3 2019, 12:35 PM) *

Will be looking for your bumper tops.
euro911
Nice reunion ... I believe I hadn't been to a G&R/BS swap meet since early 2015 - my how time flies blink.gif ... It was nice to see a bunch of the OGs, as well as meeting some of the newer members.

A big thanks to Kent ( @76-914 ) for holding on the the Miller mig welder for me beerchug.gif

... and to Bruce ( @bdstone914 ) for the real nice 'late' powder-coated front strut housings for my Bilsteins smile.gif

Also, thanks to Dan ( @Proto31 ) for the neat assortment of little plated and powder-coated nick-knacks at bargain basement prices aktion035.gif

In hindsight, I still managed to miss shaking hands with some of the other 'new guys' that were in attendance dry.gif ... maybe next time - and maybe in a 914 (but don't hold your breath) laugh.gif
76-914
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 5 2019, 04:07 PM) *

Nice reunion ... I believe I hadn't been to a G&R/BS swap meet since early 2015 - my how time flies blink.gif ... It was nice to see a bunch of the OGs, as well as meeting some of the newer members.

A big thanks to Kent ( @76-914 ) for holding on the the Miller mig welder for me beerchug.gif

... and to Bruce ( @bdstone914 ) for the real nice 'late' powder-coated front strut housings for my Bilsteins smile.gif

Also, thanks to Dan ( @Proto31 ) for the neat assortment of little plated and powder-coated nick-knacks at bargain basement prices aktion035.gif

In hindsight, I still managed to miss shaking hands with some of the other 'new guys' that were in attendance dry.gif ... maybe next time - and maybe in a 914 (but don't hold your breath) laugh.gif

It was a good time seeing friends and cars. Unfortunately I didn't get to spend time with a some of friends. I was too busy answering questions about the V8 car. sad.gif However, I did meet Carl La Fong. I'm not so sure about this "new guy" but I think should cut him some slack. rolleyes.gif
rhodyguy
dry.gif
76-914
Click to view attachment
76-914
Click to view attachment
76-914
Click to view attachment
76-914
Click to view attachment
76-914
Click to view attachment
76-914
Click to view attachment
76-914
Click to view attachment
76-914
Click to view attachment
76-914
Click to view attachment
76-914
Click to view attachment
76-914
This guy looks like an 80lb Beagle but in fact is a Coon Dog. Friendly as can be.

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
What's the deal with the hoodies, jackets and long pants. This was Riverside yes?
76-914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 5 2019, 05:05 PM) *

What's the deal with the hoodies, jackets and long pants. This was Riverside yes?

T'was a tad bit cool for us Old Farts. sad.gif
Larmo63
Click to view attachment
Larmo63
That "Carl LeFong" guy brought his car to sell, apparently. Something about having had enough of the type of people who drive 914 Porsches.

He said something like "Off we go into the wild blue yonder!!!"

Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
It was great to see everyone today.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Nice car. Reminds me of Elliot's.

Jim's car is especially shinny. Beauty.
914_7T3
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 5 2019, 05:03 PM) *

WOW!!!

blink.gif

Is that a 1996 Limited Edition Harlequin Golf on the back wall?

wub.gif

Pop a VR6 in there like this one and you're Good To Go!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.