Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT through hood fill template?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
Does anyone have rough dimensions for the through hood GT filler hole??
mb911
Perfect.. This is directly inline with the center of the standard gas tank fill hole?? Just want to make sure.
sb914
I think the sharpie taped to the center of the gas cap would give you a perfect measurement, maybe cut the sharpie in Half or less so it just hits the hood. Drill a pilot hole and good to go. all tanks sit a little different. Just 1/8 off would make a huge difference in alignment. confused24.gif
mb911
I hope that 1/8" wouldn't be noticeable .
Larmo63
I put (temporary glued) a short drywall screw exactly in the middle of my gas cap and carefully shut the hood down on it to get a rough idea. It worked like a charm.

That's my drawing, but every car is a bit different.

Check those measurements against your filler.

jim_hoyland
I put a short piece of soft chalk on the center of the gas cap, then gently lowered the hood to make the centering mark.
mb911
Just measured mine based off what is drawn.. It's pretty close but it sticks 1/2" in one direction.. I will need to mount the hood and verify.
914werke
So how big does the hole need to be to clear a correct (100mm) "fancy" GT cap?
mlindner
Ben, please post pictures of your process and results. Thanks, Mark
mb911
QUOTE(mlindner @ Nov 7 2021, 04:35 AM) *

Ben, please post pictures of your process and results. Thanks, Mark

Oh man let me look for pictures. My car is in storage so not near me at the moment. The problem I discovered was I need to modify the cap fitting at some point to be slightly angled. Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mlindner
Old post, thanks Ben for sharing. Car looks great. Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.