Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Microsquirt build, my attempt... And while I am in there...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
PlaysWithCars
Digging the MSD crimping tool and results. I hadn't seen that before. Pretty slick.
bohalrantipol
Good write up! I am hoping there is an update.
Mark Henry
Good work! smile.gif

Some peeps question (get mad) why my billed labour gets so high for custom work...this is why, custom work is a beyond major time suck.
ClayPerrine
This is some beautiful work.

If I might make a suggestion..... Use the injectors from a 1980 Datsun/Nissan 280ZX. The impedance on them matches the modern FI better than the D-Jet injectors, and the are sized right for a 2.0L motor. And they are way easier to find than a D-Jet injector. Sell the D-Jet injectors to someone running stock D-Jet.

Clay
Mark Henry
He already has it set up as low impedance, I wouldn't change that. I've run an 1.8, 2.0 and a 2.0 with a SCAT C-25 cam on 2.0 Djet injectors with great success.

Hi or low impedance injectors I don't think there's any consensus of one being better than the other, just with high impedance you don't have to use a resistor pack and they are more common now.

Speaking of the resistor pack, make sure it's isolated as it can get hot with long periods of WOT. Not a big deal, you just don't want things like wire and plastic laying on it.
bohalrantipol
I am going to post this here as it is pretty thorough microsquirt build.

https://tgadrivel.blogspot.com/2020/03/on-m...914-part-1.html

If you dont want it here @GregAmy I will delete it
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 20 2021, 08:43 AM) *

He already has it set up as low impedance, I wouldn't change that. I've run an 1.8, 2.0 and a 2.0 with a SCAT C-25 cam on 2.0 Djet injectors with great success.

Hi or low impedance injectors I don't think there's any consensus of one being better than the other, just with high impedance you don't have to use a resistor pack and they are more common now.

Speaking of the resistor pack, make sure it's isolated as it can get hot with long periods of WOT. Not a big deal, you just don't want things like wire and plastic laying on it.

I was just thinking of injector availability and the value of D-Jet injectors.

Clay
GregAmy
QUOTE(bohalrantipol @ Apr 20 2021, 09:30 AM) *
If you dont want it here...I will delete it

No worries! I hope it can be helpful.

Eric ( @Montreal914 ) and I have conversed a lot of both projects (and you'll notice in the blog I credited him for several ideas)…we all need to send him some motivation to finish his project!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 20 2021, 10:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 20 2021, 08:43 AM) *

I was just thinking of injector availability and the value of D-Jet injectors.

Clay

I know smile.gif

I also know why he's using the Djet injectors, he has them and you don't need custom fuel rails or mounting. This far along I personally wouldn't change my plans much.
There's other low impedance injectors that could be used. For this app 1.7 injectors will likely be okay, but don't use the Ljet injectors.
Mark Henry
Just watch your injector duty cycles, at WOT you want no less than say 25% and no more than 80%. Low impedance injectors will work in this wide duty cycle range.
GregAmy
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 20 2021, 12:46 PM) *
...and you don't need custom fuel rails or mounting.

These bolt right in... wink.gif I swapped the hoses with the J-hoses from one of our suppliers.

https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/a280-a380-h...-fuel-injector/
Mark Henry
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Apr 20 2021, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 20 2021, 12:46 PM) *
...and you don't need custom fuel rails or mounting.

These bolt right in... wink.gif I swapped the hoses with the J-hoses from one of our suppliers.

https://www.fiveomotorsport.com/a280-a380-h...-fuel-injector/

Yes ... but the OP stated first post he's on a budget, $320 he might not want to spend if he has the injectors already.

What are used 2.0 injectors worth?
Mark Henry
Dp
Mark Henry

What are NOS injectors worth?
Montreal914
Thank you for these recent posts!

Yes I am looking forward to going back to the MS project. Unfortunately, with the power train out, I had the great idea of getting my car painted rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif . Obviously, this leads to making sure the rusted areas have been taken care of...

This (link below) is why I temporarily stopped the MS project! wacko.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=349463

The intent is that while the car will get painted i can get back to the engine and make progress.

But first, let me answer a few questions:

- Clay, thank you for the info on the Datsun injectors, noted.
- Yes, I also have the information from Greg as we have been chatting a lot on this.
- And yes Mark, you are right on the spot, this is a limited budget venture, if this actually exists. unsure.gif

I will definitely document the rest of the work, just like I am documenting my body work thread.

But mostly, I really miss driving my little car... sad2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.