Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SALE in time for FATHER’S DAY - Tartan & Houndstooth Bags, and More
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Jett
Ordered... Thanks!
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 15 2020, 11:59 AM) *

I imagine the early911Sreg guys will love them

Yes, we have gotten some orders from them. And we are working on other cloths. But my favorites are the 914 Tartan. Very sharp.
drem914
Order placed. Thanks and look forward to its arrival.
stevegm
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 15 2020, 11:50 AM) *

Those bags are sharp, nice job.

Thanks. I appreciate it. We spent a lot of time working through the size and structure of Porsche’s bags from the 50s and 60s, before designing these. I’m really happy with how they turned out.
DRPHIL914
These are going to look sharp , cool to be able to match up with my black tartan on the seats! Now I have to decide which color hat I want biggrin.gif
stevend914
Steve: Do these come with a shoulder strap?
stevegm
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jan 19 2020, 06:07 AM) *

The bags all have handles built into them, and D-Rings on the ends to clip a shoulder strap on easily. But it doesn’t come with a shoulder strap. We didn’t feel like we could make a strap as cost effectively as you can buy one on Amazon, at least not out of genuine leather. And we didn’t want to make customers that don’t want a strap buy one unnecessarily (I never use one, as the handles work great for my use). We will be offering a strap as an addition accessory like these:

Canvas/Leather $24.00 - https://www.amazon.com/Shoulder-Replacement...r/dp/B07VGQXZ4F
Leather $18.99 - https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Adjustable-R...r/dp/B01JOOM9GK

Those are in saddle. I can get black as well.
mepstein
Price is really good. There's a company in Germany that makes a similar product but they sell for $1,500 blink.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 19 2020, 09:11 AM) *

Price is really good. There's a company in Germany that makes a similar product but they sell for $1,500 blink.gif

I’ve seen that. Last year, I was looking for a 1950s original Porsche bag. They are $1,800 used if you can find one. I believe our price is still a little low. At this price the margins are pretty small. We expect the price point to go up to around $395, as we move into the full Porsche market. But we will see. They are 100% professionally hand-made. I never would have imagined that so much went into a good bag. But they are pretty cool. I have been using a couple of them for every trip I’ve taken for a few months. And we are working on a few other products that I think you will like.
Mike Fitton
When someone receives their bag can you post back here on the overall quality of the bag? Most interested in the quality and durability of the zipper closures.
stevegm
Bags are in production. They are coming out nicely. I’m very happy with them. And we have been very happy with the responses we’ve gotten on them from everybody.

The introductory discount ends this coming Monday. So I thought I’d post it here, if anyone is still interested in using it:

Here is the link to our website: http://redlinenine.com

The travel bag discount code is- TB914WJAN20 - and gives a $50 discount. You can use it for as many bags as you want. The link directly to the travel bag is - Tartan/Houndstooth Travel Bags

You will also see a large/small bag combo on the website. The discount code for the travel and tote (overnight) bag combo (2 bags) is - TTBC914WJAN20 - and gives a $65 discount. The link directly to the bag combo is - Tartan/Houndstooth Travel & Tote Bag Combo

The $30 discount code for the 914/914-6 Tool Wraps is - TW914WJAN20
The link to the tool wraps is - 914/914-6 Tool Wrap
ClayPerrine
We ordered our bags last night. Can't wait to see them!
Superhawk996
Tool wrap order placed. Thanks for the reminder when I saw this back on top of forum.

Lots of other cool stuff here -- shirts, 914 posters, etc. Very cool.
DRPHIL914
I ordered my bags right away, excited to have them for Amelia & Kiawah, ordering my hat and tool bag today-those will match the car, getting my bags in same pattern as my seats.

stevegm
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Feb 2 2020, 10:25 AM) *

We ordered our bags last night. Can't wait to see them!

Thanks. Matisse-Blue with Black Leather has been a popular color.
green ernie
Tool bag in green plaid ordered, thanks for the discount beerchug.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 2 2020, 11:03 AM) *

I ordered my bags right away, excited to have them for Amelia & Kiawah, ordering my hat and tool bag today-those will match the car, getting my bags in same pattern as my seats.

Phil, They are in production now. The black/grey tartan is one of my favorite colors. If I didn’t have red tartan seats, that’s the color I’d go with. They’ll be done in time for Amelia.
TonyA
Could you make a black and yellow to match a Bumblee bee and a Cinnamon and orange to match a Creamsicle
stevegm
QUOTE(TonyA @ Feb 3 2020, 09:25 AM) *

Could you make a black and yellow to match a Bumblee bee and a Cinnamon and orange to match a Creamsicle

Yes, we have talked about doing a “special edition” bag like that. Do you mean plaid? Because to stay with Porsche color/patterned cloth, there aren’t any of the standard 914 cloths that are perfect creamsickle and bumblebee-specific colors. We do have the yellow tartan/plaid. But it has a green strip in it from the factory.
stevegm
Bags are shipping!
DRPHIL914
beer.gif idea.gif man that orange houndstooth looks cool! I might have to get my next one and the tool kit holder in that to go with the car color, but I think my Black/grey tartan to match my seats will be very cool as well., any pictures of my black?( looking forward to the hat too)
stevegm
Here is an update on the tartan/houndstooth products. Bags have been shipping this week. And we have a bunch in production as well. Like I mentioned before we made a few improvements to the final design before we began first production, upgrading the zipper to a high-quality zipper closure, and we improved the handles for strength and durability. I am really pleased with the final product. We have been honored by all of the orders we have received. We are also in the process of adding new cloths for 356s, as well as later model Porsche’s, and we have a few new products I think you will like. I will post more pictures of finished bags in different colors so you can see how different colors with black and saddle trim look.
stevegm
An Orange/Black carry-on bag. The small bags are nice. Very cool. And the orange seriously pops.
drem914
Is there a tracking number available for our orders?
stevegm
QUOTE(drem914 @ Feb 14 2020, 02:51 PM) *

Is there a tracking number available for our orders?

Yes. PM me your name and I will get it for you.
stevegm
Red houndstooth with black trim.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 19 2020, 07:27 AM) *

When someone receives their bag can you post back here on the overall quality of the bag? Most interested in the quality and durability of the zipper closures.

I received my bag yesterday. (Six weeks after I placed the order.)
This is my unsolicited, non compensated, unbiased review. smilie_flagge6.gif

Everything about this bag is top quality. (If I ever have Singer build me a 911,
I would immediately order a set of matching luggage from Redline Nine.)

My first impression was how soft and unstructured the bag is. It almost feels fluid, (but not at all flimsy.) I was also struck by how voluminous it is. It will require thoughtful packing to properly distribute the weight. The single zippered opening was ample access for stacking the clothes.

The craftsmanship of construction is worthy of the quality components.
The leather is buttery soft and supple. The light texture is pleasing.
The canvas material is very sturdy and will surely stand up to years of use without showing signs of wear. The simple lining is luxurious.
The zipper quality seems to match the rest of the product. I expected it to be durable. (I would hate for a $2 zipper to ruin a $200 bag.) The zipper only pulls one way. (Not double pull tabs like some bags.) The zipper hardware is gold while the 'D' rings are gunmetal? Strange but not distracting.

The leather handles are very sensual. The handles terminate at the bottom seam, and do not wrap around the bottom. (I think this design helps better support the mass with such a soft and flexible piece of luggage.) I tried a shoulder strap, and the contents wanted to shift and ball up in the center, if the bag was not fully loaded.

The bag fits well in either trunk/frunk of a Cayman or 914. (I expect it will work with all Porsche models.) I am looking forward to my next road trip to PCA Treffen and the Route 66 Classic, and being the envy of everyone in the parking lot. elvira.gifClick to view attachment
stevegm
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 27 2020, 04:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 19 2020, 07:27 AM) *

I received my bag yesterday. (Six weeks after I placed the order.)
This is my unsolicited, non compensated, unbiased review. smilie_flagge6.gif

Everything about this bag is top quality. (If I ever have Singer build me a 911,
I would immediately order a set of matching luggage from Redline Nine.)

My first impression was how soft and unstructured the bag is. It almost feels fluid, (but not at all flimsy.) I was also struck by how voluminous it is. It will require thoughtful packing to properly distribute the weight. The single zippered opening was ample access for stacking the clothes.

The craftsmanship of construction is worthy of the quality components.
The leather is buttery soft and supple. The light texture is pleasing.
The canvas material is very sturdy and will surely stand up to years of use without showing signs of wear. The simple lining is luxurious.
The zipper quality seems to match the rest of the product. I expected it to be durable. (I would hate for a $2 zipper to ruin a $200 bag.) The zipper only pulls one way. (Not double pull tabs like some bags.) The zipper hardware is gold while the 'D' rings are gunmetal? Strange but not distracting.

The leather handles are very sensual. The handles terminate at the bottom seam, and do not wrap around the bottom. (I think this design helps better support the mass with such a soft and flexible piece of luggage.) I tried a shoulder strap, and the contents wanted to shift and ball up in the center, if the bag was not fully loaded.

The bag fits well in either trunk/frunk of a Cayman or 914. (I expect it will work with all Porsche models.) I am looking forward to my next road trip to PCA Treffen and the Route 66 Classic, and being the envy of everyone in the parking lot. elvira.gifClick to view attachment

Great picture!

Thank you very much for your review. I truly appreciate your feedback, and am glad you are pleased with your bag. My apologies for it taking six weeks to get it to you. We apparently initially ran our supplier (who makes the cloth) out of cloth, and they had to make more. Also our system didn’t send you an email confirming your address and letting you know it would be shipped signature required when it was supposed to. So yours went out a few days after completion.

It is an interesting combination of softness and structure. That is due to the automotive-grade cloths. All of the leather is full grain, and we are using a European-style finish, that provides the buttery soft feel. It is a large bag. I am amazed at how much I can get into it. I find myself using our carry-on bag for weekend trips, if I am alone, and our large bag for longer trips and trips with my wife.

We went to great lengths to source very durable zippers. The d-rings are color matched to the color of the actual zipper, rather than the zipper pull. This was chosen so they don’t stand out too much on top of the bag, and blend in. We have worked on various designs with respect to the handles. It was decided not to have them wrap under the bag due to their thickness (automotive grade). If they wrapped under the bag, they would be a thick addition to the bottom. Also, the original Porsche bags that we modeled ours after did not wrap under the bag.

Thanks again for posting your review.

PS: Do you mind if I put the picture on our website?
pvollma
Any projected shipment date on the Porsche 914/914-6 Tool Wrap? I ordered one on 1/24.
stevegm
QUOTE(pvollma @ Feb 27 2020, 05:47 PM) *

Any projected shipment date on the Porsche 914/914-6 Tool Wrap? I ordered one on 1/24.

We have a 4-week delivery period. So it should be going out this week. I will check on it and PM you.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(stevegm @ Feb 27 2020, 02:42 PM) *

PS: Do you mind if I put the picture on our website?

I am honored.
Go for it. type.gif
DRPHIL914
I need to take better pictures, but here is a quick pic I took last night, nothing in the bags. These bags match my seat material and I found out from steve are exactly the same, from the same manufacturer so perfect match! I thought about getting the orange to match the car but I went with matching seats instead. After seeing the orange tartan in person at Steve’s yesterday it looks more like the copper my car is than orange so I really do need to get a set of the orange tartan, maybe to be used as the tool bag and and my car cover bag!! These can be my travel suit case bags. I will be placing another order and maybe I can have them for Kiawah show in a month??

The leather is so nice, great quality all the way around. Going to be a should strap too, but these are so cool.

Thanks Steve.
DRPHIL914
More - here you can see how they fit in the front trunk- also small bag in the car on center cushion

And a few
Close ups of the large bag
billh1963
Awesome pics....perfect match
drem914
Matisse Blue bags received.

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
beerchug.gif

first.gif

Oscar
drem914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 1 2020, 06:06 PM) *

beerchug.gif

first.gif

Oscar

Oscar,
Sorry. I missed you today at Phoenix. Hope you all had a good time there and Tulsa Rib. It continued to rain all day out here on off 'til about 4 pm. At least I was able to get some additional work done for the day.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 19 2020, 05:08 AM) *

QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jan 19 2020, 06:07 AM) *

The bags all have handles built into them, and D-Rings on the ends to clip a shoulder strap on easily. But it doesn’t come with a shoulder strap. We didn’t feel like we could make a strap as cost effectively as you can buy one on Amazon, at least not out of genuine leather. And we didn’t want to make customers that don’t want a strap buy one unnecessarily (I never use one, as the handles work great for my use). We will be offering a strap as an addition accessory like these:

Canvas/Leather $24.00 - https://www.amazon.com/Shoulder-Replacement...r/dp/B07VGQXZ4F
Leather $18.99 - https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Adjustable-R...r/dp/B01JOOM9GK

Those are in saddle. I can get black as well.

I also wanted a shoulder strap. I thought I wanted leather but I didn't find any that appeared to be of the same high quality as the bag handles, plus I don't like the belt buckle style.
I ordered the ZINZ 57" Shoulder Strap from Amazon. $16.99.
It is very high quality. The hardware matches perfectly and the strap material is strong with a soft feel and silky texture. It is way nicer than any strap I have and very appropriate.
Highly recommended.
Click to view attachment
flat4guy
Just saw this thread - are we to late for the intro price?
ValcoOscar
@stevegm

stevegm
QUOTE(flat4guy @ May 4 2020, 01:50 PM) *

We are getting ready to do a Father’s Day Sale with a special price. However, we have limited capacity right now. We will only be making 18 bags between now and the last day to ship for Father’s Day (June 15th). Also, we don’t have all tartan cloths in stock, and the mill that makes them is temporarily shut down. We are waiting on a few orders of cloth. We have some tartans, and all houndstooth cloths, in stock. PM me what cloth you want and I’ll let you know if we have that color in stock.
jeffdon
QUOTE(stevegm @ May 4 2020, 12:09 PM) *

We are getting ready to do a Father’s Day Sale with a special price. However, we have limited capacity right now. We will only be making 18 bags between now and the last day to ship for Father’s Day (June 15th). Also, we don’t have all tartan cloths in stock, and the mill that makes them is temporarily shut down. We are waiting on a few orders of cloth. We have some tartans, and all houndstooth cloths, in stock. PM me what cloth you want and I’ll let you know if we have that color in stock.

Steve - My only quible is with the zip. Looks like a number 5. I think you should use a number 8. Worked for YKK for 9 years, so I know my zips. Also, check out their RC coil. Way abrashion resistant. I know they can be a PITA to deal with, but you CAN deal directy with them. MO used to be $200 bucks. MOQ was a roll of chain and 1000 sliders IRCC.
stevegm
QUOTE(jeffdon @ May 4 2020, 03:55 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ May 4 2020, 12:09 PM) *

Steve - My only quible is with the zip. Looks like a number 5. I think you should use a number 8. Worked for YKK for 9 years, so I know my zips. Also, check out their RC coil. Way abrashion resistant. I know they can be a PITA to deal with, but you CAN deal directy with them. MO used to be $200 bucks. MOQ was a roll of chain and 1000 sliders IRCC.

Thanks. I’ll pass this info to the designer. I appreciate the feedback.
stevegm
SALE in time for FATHER'S DAY. In honor of all of the hard-working fathers out there during this tough time.

But first, let me introduce you to our new LADY'S TOTE. Available in Porsche Tartan or Houdstooth cloth, with Black or Saddle Leather Handles.

We have been working on this for lady 914 lovers for months, and it is finally ready. To celebrate it's release we are offering an introductory discount code to 914world.

$25 Discount code - FATHERSDAY914WORLD20LT

Here is the LINK - https://redlinenine.com/discount/FATHERSDAY...ts%2Fladys-tote

NOW FOR THE FATHER'S DAY SALE

We don't offer these on sale very often because they are so labor intensive to make correctly. But, it has been a tough year for everyone. Let's do a sale for teeners.

Tartan and Houndstooth Travel Bags & Tool Wraps:

TRAVEL BAGS
Porsche Tartan or Houndstooth - $50 discount code - FATHERSDAY914WORLD20B
LINK - https://redlinenine.com/discount/FATHERSDAY...ts%2Ftravel-bag

TRAVEL BAG & OVERNIGHT BAG COMBO
Porsche Tartan or Houndstooth - $65 discount code - FATHERSDAY914WORLD20C
LINK - https://redlinenine.com/discount/FATHERSDAY...-tote-bag-combo

TOOL WRAPS - FATHERSDAY914WORLD20TW
Porsche Tartan or Houndstooth - $30 discount code
LINK - https://redlinenine.com/discount/FATHERSDAY...4-6-tool-wrap-1

Discount Codes expire May 25, 2020.

While Supplies Last - You will receive an email within 48 hours of placing your order, outlining the specific shipping date for your handmade item.
stevegm
Bags going out for Father’s Day. Still making more. And checkbook cover and document folder for the glovebox coming out tomorrow.
mepstein
Steve, these look super. I'll have to treat myself to one.

smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.