Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SALE in time for FATHER’S DAY - Tartan & Houndstooth Bags, and More
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
stevegm
SALE in time for FATHER'S DAY. In honor of all of the hard-working fathers out there during this tough time.

But first, let me introduce you to our new LADY'S TOTE. Available in Porsche Tartan or Houdstooth cloth, with Black or Saddle Leather Handles.

We have been working on this for lady 914 lovers for months, and it is finally ready. To celebrate it's release we are offering an introductory discount code to 914world.

$25 Discount code - FATHERSDAY914WORLD20LT

Here is the LINK - https://redlinenine.com/discount/FATHERSDAY...ts%2Fladys-tote

NOW FOR THE FATHER'S DAY SALE

We don't offer these on sale very often because they are so labor intensive to make correctly. But, it has been a tough year for everyone. Let's do a sale for teeners.

Tartan and Houndstooth Travel Bags & Tool Wraps:

TRAVEL BAGS
Porsche Tartan or Houndstooth - $50 discount code - FATHERSDAY914WORLD20B
LINK - https://redlinenine.com/discount/FATHERSDAY...ts%2Ftravel-bag

TRAVEL BAG & OVERNIGHT BAG COMBO
Porsche Tartan or Houndstooth - $65 discount code - FATHERSDAY914WORLD20C
LINK - https://redlinenine.com/discount/FATHERSDAY...-tote-bag-combo

TOOL WRAPS - FATHERSDAY914WORLD20TW
Porsche Tartan or Houndstooth - $30 discount code
LINK - https://redlinenine.com/discount/FATHERSDAY...4-6-tool-wrap-1

Discount Codes expire May 25, 2020.

While Supplies Last - You will receive an email within 48 hours of placing your order, outlining the specific shipping date for your handmade item.
ValcoOscar

Are you using Split or Full Grain leather? Full is much more durable and ages nice.

Oscar beerchug.gif
mepstein
I like it.
flmont
I like it too..!
drem914
Looks great. How much and how much fabric do you need per bag? piratenanner.gif

Guess I needed to read a little closer. I just blew by the description and went straight to the pictures. headbang.gif
Jett
Very cool! Can I send you tartan or can you match a few patterns?
orthobiz
Make bags in seat vinyl to custom fit front trunk

Paul
GregAmy
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jan 10 2020, 06:57 PM) *

Same here. I re-did my interior with 914Rubber's seat covers and it would be fun to buy my wife a travel bag with the same material...
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jan 10 2020, 06:33 PM) *

Make bags in seat vinyl to custom fit front trunk

Paul

agree.gif

Both front and rear sets
drem914
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Jan 10 2020, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Jan 10 2020, 06:57 PM) *

Same here. I re-did my interior with 914Rubber's seat covers and it would be fun to buy my wife a travel bag with the same material...

If it's a matter of getting the material for each order, I have extra from my interior refresh, which is why I asked how much fabric do you need for each bag. Great idea.
mepstein
I'm guessing Steve's company supplies the materials.
Jett
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 10 2020, 08:23 PM) *

I'm guessing Steve's company supplies the materials.

As long as it matches the interior smile.gif
VegasRacer
Yellow might be faster, but I want one in red. first.gif
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif aktion035.gif beerchug.gif will this fit my 911 ??? sorry bad Joke dry.gif
awesome bag first.gif
RickS
Freakin fantastic.
raynekat
I'd be interested if you could do "custom" tartans....something different than the factory tartans that came on the cars.
steuspeed
Wow! Want! Matching bags and seats, so cool!
sholman5
I was looking to have inserts done for my seats and found a Website.
Asked for a sample, the material feels very durable.
https://smsautofabrics.com/collections/plaid
Detroit
I'd absolutely buy a couple of those... If I had a tartan interior.
drem914
What are the approx. dimensions of the bag?
Superhawk996
Not a fashionista. What exactly is the difference between Tartan/Houndstooth and Plaid? confused24.gif

In general, I like them. They have a nice 70's vintage vibe.

I may need a set of bell bottom pants or a shirt to match though!
stevegm
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jan 11 2020, 10:28 AM) *

21” long x 11.75” wide x 10” tall

We also have a slightly larger bag, as well as one that is smaller. I used one the same size as the yellow bag above for a 5-day trip last week. Everything I needed fit in the one bag just fine.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
really really great steve, the only thing I would worry about is that sms fabric. It is flimsy and fades to easily. The fabric is really not made for use by itself but rather over cushion and padding
Superhawk996
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 11 2020, 11:38 AM) *

Everything I needed fit in the one bag just fine.

lol-2.gif You haven't travelled with my wife! Is there a discount for 10 or more bags?
stevegm
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 11 2020, 12:06 PM) *

really really great steve, the only thing I would worry about is that sms fabric. It is flimsy and fades to easily. The fabric is really not made for use by itself but rather over cushion and padding

Thanks. This isn’t Doug’s fabric. Also it is backed, lined, and treated for UV protection (1,000 hours). It is so well engineered I’d live in it if it were bigger. It is also thicker, more durable, fabric than the other bags we’ve made for aviation enthusiasts. We are producing them in a number of different materials, all designed to match the car interiors. Currently working on 356 bags as well, sized to fit the trunk in the correct pattern cloths.
stevegm
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 11 2020, 10:51 AM) *

Not a fashionista. What exactly is the difference between Tartan/Houndstooth and Plaid? confused24.gif

In general, I like them. They have a nice 70's vintage vibe.

I may need a set of bell bottom pants or a shirt to match though!

The yellow bag above is Tartan, which is the same as plaid. This is houndstooth:
Betty
Sturdiness of the cloth/leather and how it will wear is a consideration - but Elwood (the original six) supposedly had a blue tartan interior originally and we would SO be down for bag(s) that matched!!! We'd just have to figure out WHICH blue tartan pattern... paging Elwood's DAPO... @Rusty ?!

Any thoughts on the Pasha pattern too?

How about a purse that matches the bags? cheer.gif first.gif aktion035.gif

In fact....... I wouldn't want orange tartan bags for my car since he's got the regular black basketweave interior but I would absolutely want a tartan patterned purse to match each of our three cars! driving-girl.gif

~The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize.
- Steel Magnolias. Clairee Belcher
mepstein
b]How about a purse that matches the bags?[/b]

Clay will just call it a matching tool kit but we’ll know the truth. rolleyes.gif
ClayPerrine
Betty calls my tool bags "murses" already. Don't give her any new ideas.
mb911
I would love something like this for a tool kit.. How much are these going to be?
stevegm
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 11 2020, 01:53 PM) *

I would love something like this for a tool kit.. How much are these going to be?

Right now we have the three different sized bags, and matching hats. We are working on a couple other similar products, including a tool kit. The introductory price for the Tartan bag is $249 and the Houndstooth bag is $199, in the size bag shown in the first post. There is some more info I added in the initial post above.
johnhora
Wow Steve....these are really VERY NICE!

Will these be available on your website?
drem914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 11 2020, 08:38 AM) *

We also have a slightly larger bag, as well as one that is smaller. I used one the same size as the yellow bag above for a 5-day trip last week. Everything I needed fit in the one bag just fine.

Is the leather only available in saddle? I want to get one in Matisse Blue to match the interior, and everything else is black. not sure how that saddle will look against the blue.
Click to view attachment

oakdalecurtis
I set one of these bags down on my seat and now I can’t find it!

Click to view attachment
914forme

agree.gif

A wrench roll would be really nice
worn
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 11 2020, 10:58 AM) *

Right now we have the three different sized bags, and matching hats. We are working on a couple other similar products, including a tool kit. The introductory price for the Tartan bag is $249 and the Houndstooth bag is $199, in the size bag shown in the first post. There is some more info I added in the initial post above.

Matching hats!? Need photos.
Rusty
QUOTE(Betty @ Jan 11 2020, 11:40 AM) *

Sturdiness of the cloth/leather and how it will wear is a consideration - but Elwood (the original six) supposedly had a blue tartan interior originally and we would SO be down for bag(s) that matched!!! We'd just have to figure out WHICH blue tartan pattern... paging Elwood's DAPO... @Rusty ?!

I know what I was told by the second owner and there were some misc tartan covered bits that had been soiled by mice. Those were disposed of 20-ish years ago.

You guys have the COA for Elwood.
VegasRacer
I am seriously interested. Red houndstooth please.
Are there any internal compartments or pockets?
Is a shoulder strap included? Available?
How much for shipping to 89015?

Matching hats?
boxstr
Yes,yes the plaid look is beginning to look better..
Craig at Plaid Pantry
ConeDodger
Will you make them in salmon houndstooth?

Asking for a friend...

@eric_shea evilgrin.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jan 11 2020, 03:51 PM) *

Is the leather only available in saddle? I want to get one in Matisse Blue to match the interior, and everything else is black. not sure how that saddle will look against the blue.
Click to view attachment

Yes, we make them with black leather too. I’ve been pleased that the tartans and houndstooths look great with saddle or black leathers.
drem914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 12 2020, 12:41 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Yes, we make them with black leather too. I’ve been pleased that the tartans and houndstooths look great with saddle or black leathers.

How do we place an order with you?
Jett
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jan 12 2020, 01:08 PM) *

Click to view attachment

+1
stevegm
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jan 12 2020, 04:08 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I will send you a link. Send me a PM and I’ll get you a 914world introductory discount code too.
drem914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 12 2020, 01:32 PM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Jan 12 2020, 04:08 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I will send you a link. Send me a PM and I’ll get you a 914world introductory discount code too.

Thank you.
stevegm
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jan 10 2020, 05:25 PM) *

Are you using Split or Full Grain leather? Full is much more durable and ages nice.

Oscar beerchug.gif

Hi Oscar, Sorry I missed your question. Yes, the black leather option is full grain leather. I will double check the saddle, but I’m sure it is. All of the leathers are sourced from a supplier that supplies both automotive and other bag and purse manufacturers. It’s good stuff.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 15 2020, 05:36 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jan 10 2020, 05:25 PM) *

Oscar beerchug.gif

Hi Oscar, Sorry I missed your question. Yes, the black leather option is full grain leather. I will double check the saddle, but I’m sure it is. All of the leathers are sourced from a supplier that supplies both automotive and other bag and purse manufacturers. It’s good stuff.

beerchug.gif

They look terrific!!!!!!!

Oscar
Mueller
Those bags are sharp, nice job.
mepstein
I imagine the early911Sreg guys will love them
jmalone
Steve I'm in for one Black leather and Orange Tartan. Please PM the order info.

Thanks these look great
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.