Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB announcement NEW VISORS ! with mirror and flap just like OEM!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mikey914
PMs sent to all so far.
orthobiz
+1

Paul
jcschuf1
If I am not too late, I would also like a set, thanks!
Lucky9146
Are these shipping yet? Just curious
Thanks
driving.gif white914.jpg
Mikey914
WE just got the vinyl in on these and production will start soon. I'll post up pics tomorrow.
zagato
One set please, thank you.
Mikey914
PMs sent to all so far.

Update on the vinyl. The 1st batch the vinyl was close but it's too thin. The sides have an issue with splitting.

We were able to get a thicker vinyl that is robust enough to hold up. However the graining looks more like an early vinyl, but more subdued.

I took these out to the sunlight and shined them up a bit. The OEM are still more matte I suspect mostly due to age. The graining for either partern is not 100% on when you look up close on these, but they are pretty close. From 5' the only way you could tell these are not OEM is they are not collapsed internally.

Still I'm very happy with how these are turning out and production will be setting up this next week so the lower GB price will be going away soon.

Thanks to all for your support on these.

Note the picture below shows the hole near the visor. This occurs on some outer corners during production that lets the edge start to split too.
Mikey914
Ok, these will be shipping starting Wednesday.
We did a tiered pricing structure. The price will go up ON 3/10/20 as per the PM.

If you have not received a PM on these and how to buy, or have yet to buy. NOW is the time as the will be going up.

For those of you that helped make these possible,
THANK YOU
and your will be shipped (for all purchased to this point) by 3/24/20.

The GB will officially close as soon as the last one ships looking at 3/25/20
Mikey914
Looks like we're about a day ahead of Schedule,
These will start shipping tomorrow. The 1st 55 sets are done and afer we get these out of the way we will finish up the shipping and GB
Pictures to follow later today
Big Len
Got my notice of shipment, thank you. My originals are spilling dust on my dash.
Mikey914
The 1st tier GB is now closed these should be arriving to many shortly. Getting anout 10 sets a day out now.
Thanks all.
Still not too late to get a good deal.
Big Len
Just got them. Wow, fantastic. Great job, thanks so much.
rothaus
Just see this now. I like a set as well.

Thanks
Engelbert
rjames
Mine arrived today and they look fantastic. Hope to install them tomorrow.
If only the rest of my car looked that good!
Thanks for making this happen, and for discounting the price on the visor pins too as part of the buy!
BeatNavy
Mine are received and installed -- very nice! thumb3d.gif

I also like the info and bonus stuff that came with it. Kudos to whoever came up with your little sticker logo thing - "Work on your carma." My wife (who has a background in branding) thought it was very cool.
ndfrigi
yehey can’t wait to receive mine!
71914-4
Received mine today and have them installed. They look great.

If anyone needs my old set with clips PM me.
SKL1
Just unpacked the box- they look great!

Looking forward to more info on the suspension upgrade- my '71 will be in need...
914xr75
914 rubber.com you guys are awesome! Thanks
Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Thanks everyone,
More going out again today!
racer914
I got mine today and they are terrific, Thank You!
Johny Blackstain
Got mine today. I had no idea that the pins in my six visors are chrome & metal, while the ones in my 74LE are black plastic blink.gif
frostyf
Mine have just arrived and look great. Just need the correct screws now!

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 13 2020, 06:10 PM) *

Here's the deal,
As many of you know the visor rebuild service we have been offering for a few years now, they aren't OEM.

We can now provide you with OEM quality visors that are difficult to tell from OEM.

We are working out the details right now but really depends on how many takers we can get to the price we can offer.

So my question is how many folks would buy "new" visors if they were less than $120 a set? If we get enough folks it can be significantly less than $120 a set for the GB

The retail on these will be $180 a set after so there will be a value to the GB.

They have the mirrors just like OEM and the flaps just like OEM. I honestly think you will have a hard time telling these from the OEM. Except they aren't crunchy.

Here's a link to video of the flap. There is some background noise so turn the volume on your speakers down a bit.

https://youtu.be/U_zHYqfzieA

SO who's in?

914_tinker
I will take a set as well, please.
StarBear
Installed and lookin' good! Love the carma coin, too.
Camaro Mike
I received mine as well. Great quality! I can't wait to get these in the car.
second wind
Ok....signed up for first tier group buy but kinda' didn't have the money to make it. Now I have the money for second tier but food and gas could be more important that new visors for my 914. However, this has never stopped me before. So no offense intended to Mikey or Matty but do these new visors hit the bulls eye or do they detract from the originality of the car? I mean, a little brown foam dust and a mirror flap that doesn't close isn't too bad if you want that original look, but I don't want something that shouts out "Hey, I'm not stock". I only ask because money is tight and could get a lot tighter, but I don't want to miss out on the group buy. Please be candid, I know Mikey and Matty can take the truth. Likewise I am baring my soul and had to sell the 944 Turbo this week to stay sane. I actually was debating selling 914 and keeping 944 since I fixed everything mechanical on the 944 and it goes over 140 mph nicely and smoothly, but I just couldn't do it. Plus you need $5,000 in your pocket to drive a 944 Turbo just in case which I do not have. Ok....TMI....thank you and I remain a happy member of 914 World.
All the best,
gg
Mikey914
I think they are pretty close, but we have shipped enough that I'd let the group make that decision.

What do you all think?

Jim C
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 11 2020, 02:24 AM) *

The 1st tier GB is now closed these should be arriving to many shortly. Getting anout 10 sets a day out now.
Thanks all.

Is it now too late?
NW JLO

If it is not too late...I would like a set!
Sorry I missed your announcement....I'm new to 914World

Many thanks
minime904
I'm in for a set !
ndfrigi
Thank you again Mark! Received the box yesterday but didn’t open it yet. For sure it is again a beautiful piece of art.
Jim C
QUOTE(Jim C @ Mar 24 2020, 03:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 11 2020, 02:24 AM) *

Thanks all.

Is it now too late?

I'll take a set please. How do I order?
Mikey914
Not too late still on GB
I will send PMs later today when I hit SFO
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Mar 24 2020, 08:10 PM) *

Thank you again Mark! Received the box yesterday but didn’t open it yet. For sure it is again a beautiful piece of art.

Same here...received my box yesterday but have not opened it yet.
Waiting for the weekend idea.gif

Thank you Mark!!!! beerchug.gif

Oscar
914andy
I received a box a couple days ago...thought it was for the wifey. She finally asked if I was going to open my box on the porch.
WOW. !!! what a great product.
Thanks for being so passionate about your business and our toys
Andy
ValcoOscar
For what it's worth.
914Rubber deliveries make me
biggrin.gif smile.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
nickg
my box was damaged...and they don't look right ( wrinkes)
Mikey914
If they have wrinkles take a look at the “frame” I suspect they may be. If not you can use a hair dryer on low to flatten them out.

DO BE Careful. The material used is a thermal plastic with a melting point in the low 200s

Most are at least 75 degrees higher. So start low and work your way up. As long as the frame is not damaged you should be able to smooth the wrinkles out.

FedEx offers $100 base insurance if you used them
Post up some pics let’s see what ya got.
Mark
913B
I had some extra glue squeezed out onto the mirror but I cleaned it up with a razor and scraped the glue off no biggie.

But the wrinkle near the outer pin seems brittle and crunchy sounding.
My concern is after time and sunlight it might crack or tear at this location?

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Not able to get it to download. It’s possibly the area we opened up for the pins?
If so it was done thermally. That would be why it’s crunchy. I can exchange for unopened holes if you want.
I’ll try the download again, but I suspect this is what you may be looking at.

Mark
Mikey914
pMs sent to all so far
nickg
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 25 2020, 07:45 PM) *

If they have wrinkles take a look at the “frame” I suspect they may be. If not you can use a hair dryer on low to flatten them out.

DO BE Careful. The material used is a thermal plastic with a melting point in the low 200s

Most are at least 75 degrees higher. So start low and work your way up. As long as the frame is not damaged you should be able to smooth the wrinkles out.

FedEx offers $100 base insurance if you used them
Post up some pics let’s see what ya got.
Mark

they came in the post office . I will set them out in the sun and see if that takes the wrinkles out
frostyf
Ahoy Mike, just wanted to ask if there was any update on the mounting screws for the visor pins. I need to buy a set and a replacement frunk cable but was going to try and buy at the same time to combine shipping.

Thanks,
Nick
Mikey914
Yes we made them and sent out for plating, they did zinc instead of nickle. So they are being re done. We also made new turn signal screws just like OEM, and there is a story behind them too.
Camaro Mike
Finally installed my set this morning. These visors are awesome and make a huge difference to the interior of the 2.0. I should have grabbed two sets and upgraded both cars.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Still have the GB going at $120
Will have more material in this next week to finish up the run Plan to close the GB End of the month so not too late to save a few bucks ($60 to be exact).
mb911
Installed today.. They are one of the best aftermarket part of any vendor out there.. Very nice job @mikey914

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Thanks Ben,
We are closing these 4.30.20 so LAST CALL
rothaus
Got my set yesterday. Not installed yet, but they look great. Very nice product.

I wish somebody would make some for the 911 Targa.

Thanks
Engelbert
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.