Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car accident
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
dirk2056
Now I'm going to rethink how to use my 914, Would I rather take a bad hit with a fool on the phone or drive it hard on a track and hit something!!!!
theer
Oh man - that sooo deeply sucks.

That little 914 saved two lives that day - Clay’s and the dumb ass in the Honda. Image that impact into the back of a pickup. Honda guy is a goner in that scenario. He should be thanking you for being alive (and pay to fix Betty’s car, whatever the cost).

Do take care of yourself, Clay.

Best,
Tom

horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 29 2020, 09:50 AM) *

If it’s in my stash of parts - it’s yours. Just let me know what you need...

Let's do this thing, as there aren't that many parts on the back of a 914.

Someone will be better at this than me—but from the top of my head:

Tail panel (sounds like Clay and Betty have)
Quarter panel, left (sounds like Clay and Betty have)
Quarter panel, right (sounds like Clay and Betty have)
Trunk lid (Marty has)
Trunk lid hinges/rollers
Trunk lid rubber bumpers for rear corners
Rear trunk seal
Rear bumper
Rear bumper top
License plate holder
License plate lights
Taillight buckets (have one decent used one, I think)
Taillight lenses
Trunk latch (may have a spare)
Trunk button (have a nice used one)
Top stays, rear (have two NOS)
Top holders, front (have two, NOS)
Top latch buckets (have two, NOS)
Trunk light
Tail cone for 901 (Marty has)
Trailing arms
Targa bar trim

What else am I missing? I suspect plenty, but it can be added to the list.

It isn't much next to the bodywork to come, but it might save some hours and $$—and would make a pretty decent care package...
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Apr 29 2020, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 29 2020, 09:50 AM) *

If it’s in my stash of parts - it’s yours. Just let me know what you need...

Let's do this thing, as there aren't that many parts on the back of a 914.

Someone will be better at this than me—but from the top of my head:

Tail panel (sounds like Clay and Betty have)
Trunk lid (Marty has)
Trunk lid hinges/rollers
Rear trunk seal
Rear bumper
Rear bumper top
License plate holder
License plate lights
Taillight buckets (have one decent used one, I think)
Taillight lenses
Trunk latch (may have a spare)
Trunk button (have a nice used one)
Trunk light
Tail cone for 901 (Marty has)
Trailing arms
Targa bar trim

What else am I missing? I suspect plenty, but it can be added to the list.

It isn't much next to the bodywork to come, but it might save some hours and $$—and would make a pretty decent care package...

I am truly overwhelmed by the responses here. We both appreciate the desire of the community to help us out.

Dammit! Y'all need to stop stirring up so much F-ing dust!!!!

As some of you know, I have an extensive collection of 914 parts. Here is what I know I already have.

We have found locally the rear half of a 74. It was parted to fix another 914 that hit a fire hydrant in the front. I have not seen it yet, so I don't know what it has or doesn't have attached.

Tail panel (sounds like Clay and Betty have) Going to get a new one, if we replace the rear quarters.

For the quarter panels, we would love to find a pair of NOS or new repro ones. If not,we will use the ones on the rear clip.

Trunk lid ( I still have the original lid from Betty's car that was fire damaged on the front edge. Betty has expressed the desire to use that one. She wants to keep as much as possible from before the wreck.)

Trunk lid hinges/rollers (going to order from 914Rubber)
Rear trunk seal (going to order from 914Rubber)
Rear bumper (I have that, but I can always use a better one.)
Rear bumper top (AA or 914Rubber)
License plate holder (I think i have a spare stashed away somewhere)
License plate lights ( Believe it or not, the left one is salvagable. I can't see the right one)

Taillight buckets (I have two spare pairs)
Taillight lenses (I have 2 spare sets in driver condition.)
Trunk latch (Both the upper and lower are intact and usable.)
Trunk button (Unless it is broken, I am going to salvage it.)

All of the top latches are intact and are still working. The top never left the car.

Trunk light (Undamaged).

Tail cone for 901 (I have two in my stash
)
Trailing arms ( I have 4 sets of spares)
Targa bar trim (Undamaged)

I will be pulling the rear sway bar off my car to replace it with a larger one, so I can use that one on Betty's car. Hopefully the links are not pretzel shaped.

Nothing on the targa bar was damaged. All of the electrical is intact and still working. I used the flashers at the scene, and the Spokeworks LED lights still work. The backup light board on the right lost 2 LEDs. I even turned on the park lights. The left license plate ligh still works too.

One of the things I am worried about is the rear shocks. One of the shock towers is torn, so I don't trust the shock on that side.

I also need stainless steel Heat Exchangers, a muffler hanger, and a Bursch muffler. I am fairly sure she will let me convert it to 2.0 HEs and muffler.

I will be posting Wanted to buy ads when I find I need other things.

And again... thank every one of you for wanting to help.

abes914
This accident can be much worse and i am glad that it is not. I have a pair of doors that you can have. Let us be part of your ongoing car story.

Take care.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(abes914 @ Apr 29 2020, 02:35 PM) *

This accident can be much worse and i am glad that it is not. I have a pair of doors that you can have. Let us be part of your ongoing car story.

Take care.

Thank you.

The doors are undamaged.

Clay
poorsche914
May need to rename Froderick to Fronkensteen lol-2.gif
Maury4
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Apr 29 2020, 03:54 PM) *

May need to rename Froderick to Fronkensteen lol-2.gif

Supeana the black boxes on the Honda for data recovery. And with anti lock brakes, very few skid marks. My kid is a cop and has been to accident investigation school.

Good luck on the repair and ditto what has been said before. I'm sure it'll buff out just fine.

Rick
Krieger
I have a spare green dot jack you can have.
Al Meredith
Clay , glad you are OK , only sore, don't be quick to sign off . Clay I'm in Atlanta but have a 914 that is perfect from the doors back . If you need it its is yours . Hope to see you both at Octeenerfest next year. AL
914rrr
I haven't been on here for awhile. I was horrified to hear about, and see the results of, the accident! Clay, I'm so glad you survived the accident and wish you a full and speedy recovery. Man, I am so sad to hear about this... and so glad you're putting it back together!

I was just thinking to myself that if EVER there was a P-car that deserves a story in the Panorama, this was it! Now that it sustained a major hit and will be resurrected, it REALLY deserves a Pano story!!
HansJan
Unbelievably sad story.
I have a red rear-decklid (or whatever its called).
Not sure if its good enough, but its yours if you want it.

I live in Sugar Land TX.
r_towle
So sorry to see this happen Clay!
Very happy you are ok.
Get another tub...build a better car.
That one is done.
Front yard mechanic
Sorry about your car ! I have an undamaged bag of kitty litter you can have
porschetub
Felt barf.gif when I got that first pic,hopefully rebuilt to see 500k miles .
911GT2
I find this thread hearth warming!
preach
I love this community!
Johny Blackstain
Shit! Glad you're OK Clay & am truly stunned at the damage. Just goes to show that these little cars are tough SOB's & were definitely crash tested. Too bad a bunch of us aren't quarantined together because we could knock the project out in less than a month cool_shades.gif
ValcoOscar
Clay-

Just give me the okay and I will get you a fully refurbished black bumper in about a week. This one is awaiting final prep, already epoxy coated. LMK

Oscar

The price is a diet Pepsi beer3.gif if you ever make it out West.

Here to help,

Oscar

Click to view attachment
Gatornapper
Clay -

So sorry this happened and sorry I didn't even see this until today, but I just "Amen!" everything that everyone else has been saying. Main thing for which I am thankful is that you are alive and well with only temporary pain - you are a valued and appreciated member here - and that's so clear from all the love you've gotten in responses.

As I'm relatively new to the 914 world, I don't have any good parts, but would be glad to contribute to the cause financially it that would help. I don't suggest a GoFundMe account as they take too much for themselves - we can just PayPal you.

Heal up quick - and if you can, keep us posted on the progress of getting your baby back.

GN

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 29 2020, 06:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Krieger @ Apr 28 2020, 09:38 PM) *

Clay. We need to know how your doing.

Not trying to be secretive, but I am very limited on what I post here. I don't want the other party reading this and eventually using it against me in any way.

I am still breathing. I feel like I was that little BB inside an empty spray paint can. I am battered and bruised, and it has gotten worse since the wreck.

Right now, y'all don't know how much this thread means to me. It is going to be a very tough time bringing him back. We will need y'alls emotional support as the car progresses. To do it right, it is going to take time. We will both need support to endure.

Clay

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Apr 30 2020, 07:42 AM) *

As I'm relatively new to the 914 world, I don't have any good parts, but would be glad to contribute to the cause financially it that would help. I don't suggest a GoFundMe account as they take too much for themselves - we can just PayPal you.

While the offer is really generous and very appreciated, I cannot accept any donations for insurance reasons.

Thank you very much,

Clay
76-914
Count your blessings Clay. pray.gif This could have ended up very badly in many different ways. Death, dismemberment and paralysis to name a few. A quick look on the bright side says, "Maybe it's time to treat Betty to a Subaru conversion with AC" ? happy11.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 30 2020, 09:30 AM) *

Count your blessings Clay. pray.gif This could have ended up very badly in many different ways. Death, dismemberment and paralysis to name a few. A quick look on the bright side says, "Maybe it's time to treat Betty to a Subaru conversion with AC" ? happy11.gif

The AC was working great in her car. It still worked great after the wreck.

ClayPerrine
Just some info. I can't post anything here that I don't want the other guys' insurance to see. DO NOT LOOK for it here.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
The insured's company if a good one, will certainly have sympathy for your situation and address it accordingly.
You owned and historic well documented and well known 914 in the community, one that certainly qualifies for celebrity status among fellow 914 owners. Hence that puts a special value on your 914 above like cars out there.

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 30 2020, 07:51 AM) *

Just some info. I can't post anything here that I don't want the other guys' insurance to see. DO NOT LOOK for it here.

JamesM
Just as an FYI, and not sure its still available, but when I got rear ended a few years ago Porsche still had stock on the rear vertical taillight to taillight body panel. If i recall it was around 2k, but that was her insurance companies problem. They initially wanted to total the car for a ridiculously low pay out, I only had to tell them no once before they dropped 8k to fix it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.