Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car accident
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Rusty
This 1974 1.8, 400,000 mile car was Betty's pride and joy. It was a survivor. sad.gif

@ClayPerrine was driving yesterday. @Betty was at home. No injuries. Struck from behind by an inattentive driver while stopped at a light.

Glad Clay is okay. Heartbroken for Betty.
BeatNavy
sad2.gif

That really sucks.
911GT2
Wow that must have been quite an impact. blink.gif
iankarr
Wow. looks like a high speed impact. So glad everyone is well.
Big Len
Probably on the damn phone.
ric birks
So glad no one was injured. That really does suck!
rgolia
Glad no injuries. Sad day for the teener. Time for a replacement, swap parts over and it will feel the same. sad.gif
Root_Werks
Ouch! Any chance to save the 914?

I agree, glad no one was hurt.
mepstein
Glad everyone is ok.
Jamie
QUOTE(Rusty @ Apr 27 2020, 08:44 AM) *

This 1974 1.8, 400,000 mile car was Betty's pride and joy. It was a survivor. sad.gif

@ClayPerrine was driving yesterday. @Betty was at home. No injuries. Struck from behind by an inattentive driver while stopped at a light.

This was a huge hit, glad Clay wasn't injured! Engine compartment now full of cat litter! bootyshake.gif Perp's insurance settlement should at least buy Betty a new Boxster!
burton73
Sorry this happened to you guys.

At least no one was hurt. Our little cars really absorb impact helping the passengers from a front or rear impact.

Bob B

Dion
Damn! Sorry Betty. Glad to hear Clay is good, prolly sore for sure.
That’s quite a hit.
SirAndy
Noooo ...
headbang.gif
914dave
Glad Clay is alright. Damn shame! Was an awesome car with a great story. I feel for you Betty.
pt_700
glad there were no serious injuries.

i wonder if the other driver felt worse for wrecking a classic?
Literati914
GAWD!! That SUCKS!! Man, I feel terrible for you guys. Glad Clay's ok.

Clay/Betty, if you consider rebuilding it.. I have a pretty clean parts car and am local.
Craigers17
...there are really no words for this....and this car is such an icon with nearly a half million miles..... so sorry to see it. Glad you are O.K.!
SteveL
As long as everyone is OK, then it is just metal (albeit precious metal).
Metal can be repaired or replaced. Clay can't.
BPic
Dammit! Very happy to hear Clay is doing ok. Sorry Betty. sad.gif
porbmw
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Apr 27 2020, 10:18 AM) *

...there are really no words for this....and this car is such an icon with nearly a half million miles..... so sorry to see it. Glad you are O.K.!

Damn...Damn...DAMN sad.gif
ndfrigi
Thank God Clay is okay!
914werke
Clay so sorry, glad you escaped w/o serious injury. Dont discount the possibility of an underlying (health) issue that crops up in the next week or so due to that impact (wow)
Please convey all our angst about the loss to your wife for the loss of her very special car.
As has been said there are (were) very few with such a engaging story.
In the end ..its a car & your life & health are more important.
Find another ..start an new story!
Mueller
So sad to see the car like this...Glad Clay is alright.
tygaboy
QUOTE(SteveL @ Apr 27 2020, 10:22 AM) *

As long as everyone is OK, then it is just metal (albeit precious metal).
Metal can be repaired or replaced. Clay can't.

agree.gif

Clay's being OK is what matters!
Cairo94507
Very sorry to see that picture but glad that Clay was not injured and Betty was not in the car. I hope it was insured with a stated value. Hopefully, somehow this can have a happy ending and you end up with an excellent 914 or whatever you want to replace it.

It's incidents like this that cause me the most concern when it comes to our cars. These butt-wipes driving around with their heads up their butts as they look at their phones. Here where I live it is not uncommon for these spoiled, self-entitled children to get Mustang GT's, Corvettes, M3's, WRX STI's and the likes for their 16th birthday. We have all seen how they "drive". I have a 3rd LED brake light in the middle of my engine lid and I am still not convinced that is enough. Rear enders and fires scare me the most.
bretth
Oh man glad everyone is OK but it must still hurt.
jagalyn
Not good at all. Sorry for you all.
ValcoOscar
OMG, so sorry to see this happen. The man up above had his eyes on you.
Thankfully you're okay. Ugly impact.

I'm constantly checking my mirrors at stops.

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Stay safe.....

Oscar
sixnotfour
Glad to hear Clay is OK, Im sure Betty and He are Heart broken....
That said, I driven 914s since 1977, But just last week I saw a lone 914 in the
distance on the freeway, a little spec , caught up to it and Amazed how low and
small these are......stay safe
914Sixer
Glad Clay is healthy. The size of the impact lets us know that Porsche was way ahead in the safety department. The crumple zones are a big factor on these cars.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Apr 27 2020, 12:18 PM) *

agree.gif and am sad.gif
Such an awesome 914.

driving.gif
mgp4591
Sucks doesn't even come close... Happy to hear Clay is okay. Sheetmetal can be repaired while our members are slightly more precious.
Clay, don't forget to see a GOOD chiropractor and a GOOD massage therapist. My wife sees many who have had a bad hit (myself included) and has been able to work wonders with sore and torn muscles. Take care of yourself for the long run....great to hear you're okay.
BENBRO02
I'm glad you're ok Clay. Does this mean Betty now has a 914-6 daily driver?
Olympic 914
Glad Clay is OK, Really SUCKS about the car. Like losing a family member.
mb911
That sucks.. Ugh
mbseto
Glad you're all right Clay. We should probably all install our horns facing backwards.
Bleyseng
Wow that really sucks but glad you are ok, Clay. As RichD says watch out for injuries after today as they suddenly appear (neck and back stuff).
jfort
Sorry to see this, Clay. Makes me sick
Coondog
Wow, Hugh hit. Glad he’s ok. Now the fight with the ins. company.
gereed75
Glad Clay is OK! Just like him to bring oil dry to his own accident
dr914@autoatlanta.com
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Not after all of these years! That was a hard hit, Clay. For you not to be hurt says a lot for your youth and flexibility as well as the strength of the 914

The car can certainly be fixed but would take a lot, the probably end of a long love affair. I am happy that at one time or two I saw that car in the flesh.

I also hate to see a 914 that survived all of these years finally get it. One would think that the car deserved a free pass from accident

QUOTE(Rusty @ Apr 27 2020, 09:44 AM) *

Larmo63
Dang it, this is not good news. I'm glad you aren't hurt, Clay.

We're family here..........!

Can't even blame the cat?
Rusty
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Apr 27 2020, 12:31 PM) *

Glad Clay is OK! Just like him to bring oil dry to his own accident

I laughed. I'm probably going to hell. laugh.gif
Lucky9146
Glad Clay is OK, Sucks about the car.
Superhawk996
So glad that Clay wasn't injured. piratenanner.gif

This is the same way my 1st 914 died. mad.gif

Just like my 914, the rear end folds up -- really was an advanced crush zone before such a thing ever was "designed" intentionally. Amazing little cars.

So sad to see a survivor go like this! I get so angy at these sorts of "accidents" that really aren't an accident. They are driver negligence, plain and simple.

Hopefully your state has better insurance laws than we have here in MI with No Fault laws. barf.gif Sorry I slammed into you when I wasn't paying attention. Oopsie. My bad. No Fault -- sorry for you loss. barf.gif
Krieger
What a shitty day! So sorry for you guys. I hope you did or will go into the doctors anyway.
rjames
QUOTE(Krieger @ Apr 27 2020, 12:55 PM) *

What a shitty day! So sorry for you guys. I hope you did or will go into the doctors anyway.

agree.gif
That's a big impact to take.

Very sorry to see this. Glad you're ok.
914_teener
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Apr 27 2020, 12:45 PM) *

So glad that Clay wasn't injured. piratenanner.gif

This is the same way my 1st 914 died. mad.gif

Just like my 914, the rear end folds up -- really was an advanced crush zone before such a thing ever was "designed" intentionally. Amazing little cars.

So sad to see a survivor go like this! I get so angy at these sorts of "accidents" that really aren't an accident. They are driver negligence, plain and simple.

Hopefully your state has better insurance laws than we have here in MI with No Fault laws. barf.gif Sorry I slammed into you when I wasn't paying attention. Oopsie. My bad. No Fault -- sorry for you loss. barf.gif

Texas is NOT a no fault state. I think the min damage limit is 25k.

He may have to sue for the difference. Total it and find a Celette bench.

In At Fault cases it eaves it open to the driver that hit Clay to say he didn.t see his brake lights since the car is so low....no third brake light.....crap like that.

I like No Fault insurance for just that very reason. Fault doesn.t matter your own insurance pays the claim.

anderssj
Glad everybody is uninjured, and yes it's just a car, but still...after more than 400K, it's a damn shame. Sorry.
davep
Very sorry to hear of this. I agree that Clay should be checked out, and a massage would really be helpful. Betty must be devastated; my sympathies. It will be interesting to see the totality of the damage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.