Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass bumper tops - black Gel coat - Front and rear GB $340 a set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
jim_hoyland
Are they listed in the catalog yet ?
Larry.Hubby
I can't remember what Mikey914 said about those of us that needed only one instead of a set. I think it was something to the effect that it wouldn't be much cheaper than buying a set, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I'll pop for a set if that's the only way they're going to be offered.
Nacho
Any update @Mikey914 confused24.gif

-Nacho
Mikey914
QUOTE(Nacho @ Sep 3 2020, 12:38 PM) *

-Nacho

This journey, and I call it that because it has really evolved from just buying some molds and making some part has become a complete program now. We have been able to improve durability, and will make our ultralight version and a reinforced version , as well as a balsa GT version.

We are changing materials on all of our fiberglass products to a more durable version.

Those of you that have known me for awhile know, I can't just make a product. I strive to make the best possible product.

The new Haltbar panels are significantly an improvement.
This is why this has drawn out longer. We are also setting up a testbed to prove that they are actually a better product.

More to follow soon. I'm trying to get this done this weekend.

Mark

MM1
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 3 2020, 06:32 PM) *

-Nacho

This journey, and I call it that because it has really evolved from just buying some molds and making some part has become a complete program now. We have been able to improve durability, and will make our ultralight version and a reinforced version , as well as a balsa GT version.

We are changing materials on all of our fiberglass products to a more durable version.

Those of you that have known me for awhile know, I can't just make a product. I strive to make the best possible product.

This is why this has drawn out longer. We are also setting up a testbed to prove that they are actually a better product.

Mark

Mark,

We appreciate your method and thoroughness!

Marcus
Nacho
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 3 2020, 06:32 PM) *

-Nacho

Mark

beerchug.gif thanks for the update.

-Nacho
wes
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 3 2020, 04:32 PM) *

-Nacho

Mark

It’s always amazed me how you could have a full time job taking you all over the country and manage to produce excellent parts often better than original for our little cars. Thanks!
shane
icon_bump.gif
porsche914rick
driving.gif
Nacho
Update Por favor please piratenanner.gif

Nacho
sdavis914
Out of curiosity-do you or anyone else have pics of these painted to match the body?
I'm still in for a pair!
porschetub
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 4 2020, 12:32 PM) *

-Nacho

Mark

Hi Mark,whats haltbar ?? done a lot of fiberglass in the past but not up with it anymore.
Keen to know thank you and beerchug.gif .
Larry.Hubby
Sorry, but please remove my name from the list. I couldn't wait and bought the carl rudolph part.
Zimms
Add me to the list please.
davealden223
Add me to the list.
rfinegan
Did I miss out on the GB. Any updates? listed on webpage? Please advise

Robert
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Larry.Hubby @ Oct 20 2020, 03:37 PM) *

Sorry, but please remove my name from the list. I couldn't wait and bought the carl rudolph part.

I thought Carl Rudolf quit making these, but they have a webpage showing bumper tops...
See: http://carlrudolph.com
rfinegan
Mark Henry
For me no rush, but I'd still be in for a pair.
Mikey914
I can make them, just working out pricing on these. Costs have gone up and I have to machine the mounts. I just about have the mounts done and will have pricing on these in about 10 days.
Mark
JOEPROPER
popcorn[1].gif
The Double S
Please put me down for a set also. Thank you.
whitetwinturbo
.........I could use a pair
Mikey914
We have the molds done and are going to do these in the next month. The problem is that the costs were more that we had hoped for. We have found some ways to reduce, will finalize prices in the next 8 days or so.
Mark
Mikey914
Finally started back up on these and will be getting a few out this next week for some that have been quite patient. Who's still interested now that pricing has stabilized some ?
RFoulds
I am interested. How much?
Mitox
I’m still interested in a set
Robarabian
I don't want to be left out.. Ill take a set.... but what's the price? LOL
Mikey914
These will be $340 both front and rear. They will be textured, but can be sanded smooth if you choose to paint the same color as the body.
cgnj
Mike,

Can they be ordered now?

Regards,

Carlos
rasam
I'm in for a set.
ericoneal
Anyone want to split a set with me? I only need the rear bumper top
Optimusglen
I'm still in for a set.
The Double S
I'd like a set as well. Thank you.
Mark Henry
I'll take a set.
Rods914
I will take a set. Thanks
Puebloswatcop
I'll take one set please
pete-stevers
I need a set as well.
Nate W
I need a set also
Mikey914
Thanks guys just finalizing the mount jig will open this up next week.
-Mark
914outlaw
I’m in for a set.
lesorubcheek
Please put me down for set.
Thanks,
Dan
mburnley
QUOTE(ericoneal @ Jun 29 2022, 01:59 PM) *

Anyone want to split a set with me? I only need the rear bumper top

I just need a front we could split
The Double S
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 5 2022, 10:59 PM) *

Thanks guys just finalizing the mount jig will open this up next week.
-Mark

Hi Mark,

Any word on these yet?
Mikey914
I’ve done a few but going to have to farm these out as they are time intensive. I’ll post up more shortly.
Mark
Geezer914
I am in for a set!
jmalone
I am in for a set!
Deusexmachina77
Very interested.
DaveB
I'm in for a set too. Since the pricing was 2 years ago, I assume there will be a price bump-up for post COVID and outsourcing the builds.

DaveB
The Double S
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 12 2022, 09:10 PM) *

I’ve done a few but going to have to farm these out as they are time intensive. I’ll post up more shortly.
Mark

I appreciate the update!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.