Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass bumper tops - black Gel coat - Front and rear GB $340 a set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
targa72e
Interested as well

john
mtndawg
Also interested here.
bcsellie
Interested...I'm in too.
mapguy
Take my money! I’m in for a set.
macmike83151@yahoo.com
I'll take a set please!
Mikey914
We will be opening this GB up this next week.
Thanks all
dt4
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 9 2020, 06:39 AM) *

Thanks all

beerchug.gif
cheers Mark
I am ready to add them to my shopping basket
9one4tay
1 set for me please

Travis
billh1963
I'm interested!
pilothyer
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 9 2020, 12:39 AM) *

Thanks all

icon_bump.gif
Larry.Hubby
I need a front only, if available or if someone else needs the rear and we could split a set.
ericoneal
I only need the rear one, but I'm in Kentucky, so not sure how we would handle shipping on that....

QUOTE(Larry.Hubby @ Jun 10 2020, 06:50 PM) *

I need a front only, if available or if someone else needs the rear and we could split a set.

Mikey914
Can do it but, but not a GB item. With the GB you would pay almost as much for a set if you want a stand alone.
We have the shipping already set up and the bumper top boxes we use for the rubber bumpers we make are suitable for this. Our Fedex ground rates are good and they are not heavy, just bulky. The weight difference between one and two isin't much, so you will not save much if any on shipping

Can go either way
Mark
betz
I'd like one also
whiterabbit
I'd be interested in a set.
gonzo54
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 5 2020, 07:45 AM) *

So we have made these in the past and will be retooling for them. Since we have the hoods going too why not offer these up.

We will be doing sets of the bumper tops that are textured like OEM but made from fiberglass. They can mount out of the box or you can sand and paint for smooth bumper tops.

Pricing will be dependent on how many takers price point less than $300 a set the more takers the lower it goes.

So who's interested?

Mark

Mark, I would like a set-please add me to the So Cal list
Thanks-Rick
jmalone
I woill buy a set. Thanks for making hese!
Mikey914
Ok, we fit the fiberglass hoods and they are about ready for production. The Bumper tops we are scrapping the mold we have as it has a warp to it. We are starting again from scratch, and will be about a week before we can pull some parts, just not worth trying to make something work when we should just make it right to begin with. Would have been better not to buy these molds.

I will not sell something that I'm not happy with the product. Sorry to add a week to this but it will be worth it.
gonzo54
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 11 2020, 02:23 PM) *

Ok, we fit the fiberglass hoods and they are about ready for production. The Bumper tops we are scrapping the mold we have as it has a warp to it. We are starting again from scratch, and will be about a week before we can pull some parts, just not worth trying to make something work when we should just make it right to begin with. Would have been better not to buy these molds.

I will not sell something that I'm not happy with the product. Sorry to add a week to this but it will be worth it.

Hi Mark, Just wondering what the status is on the new molds for the Bumper Top GB?

Thanks-Rick
Mikey914
Will be done after the holiday weekend. We are fitting the hoods to the car tomorrow and making changes to the extent necessary to make the hoods as perfect as we can. That and the other daily stuff have got in the way. We have started the process and these will not take long to finish up now.

Mark
shane
I’ll buy a set please beerchug.gif
Rikyrat
I'm in for a set.
Don't know if I previously opted in.
William0106
Interested in a set as well, PHX area if anyone else is in the area. I can have shipped to my yard.
Front yard mechanic
I'm interested one set
Mikey914
We have completed the molds and I will have parts up for pictures when I get back in town this next monday.
The wife convinced me the merits of taking some time off so I will be out a few days.

Mark
Mikey914
We have completed the molds and I will have parts up for pictures when I get back in town this next monday.
The wife convinced me the merits of taking some time off so I will be out a few days.

Mark
racer914
Interested in a set, anxious to see what these look like.
914forme
What is the difference between these and the originals sets I picked oh so long ago?

Sitting on the rack, still in the box, just waiting for the day I decide which bumper I am going to run.
Ian Stott
I am interested in a set, do I need to call you as I have some kind of a credit with you from a previous order, plus my mechanic Julien is still waiting for the air box gasket so you can combine the shipping.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Mikey914
These are a fiberglass shells for lack of a better term.
They bolt on just like factory.
914forme
Guess I did not make my wording clear.

Orginal rubber = heavy bolts on with 10mm nuts underside, I get them know them well.

Fiberglass sets where produced a while back and you mention you produced a set. I have a set of these original production run units. Lets call these Aphla

this run of Fiberglass lets call Beta

What is the difference between Alpha and Beta sets? Is it worth the upgrade to get to Beta sets if I have a new set of Alpha Still in the box waiting to be put on?

That was the real question I was trying to get answered.

Sorry for the lack of clear communication.
Mikey914
To answer your question -
The alpha ones were good, texture not quite correct. The Beta are textured off the bumper tops we make so look more like the original bumpers.

Honestly, if you have a set, the value of "upgrading" to the Beta it negligible for 2 reasons

1- Many folks sand off the texture to paint same as body color, in this case there would be a little less sanding as the Alphas has a more "drywall" type texture with more material.

2-The gel coat finish is a different texture on the betas, but still both are glossy. From more than 20 ft away you may not even see the diference.

Pulling the 1st off the new molds in the morning.
Pics soon
MM1
Interested-looking forward to pics.
Mikey914
Pulled the set and have these out to show how they compare to my OEM bumpers. We are just making fixtures to mount the tops. Should be able to have all costs figures and open up the GB this next week with production to begin about then also.

Here is the front next to my OEM bumpers
Mikey914
Rears
71914-4
Look great! They do fit 1971 4, correct?
Nacho
piratenanner.gif Look great! I'm ready for two sets.

-Nacho
wes
I’m ready, lighten me Front and rear.
Mikey914
The really cool thing is they can be sanded smooth and painted the body color. A few have done that.
jim_hoyland
I’m interested,are they available for ordering now ?
I’m going to backdate my ‘75 to painted steel bumpers and gonna need a bunch of stuff
I’ll buy a set; plus some additional items to complete the conversion ( grills, dog ones, and ?)
sdavis914
I'd be interested in a set too.
rfinegan
I need a set, or split for just the rear...Thinking of keeping the front BUB...
Front yard mechanic
I'm in for a cheap set of Alphas
Pappy1975
I am in for a set if they are still available.
David
jet1
I'm interested.
BuddyV
One set for me, please.

beerchug.gif
shane
icon_bump.gif
Gearup
Interested
Mikey914
We have the fiberglass handled, it’s the mounts.
They have to be correct with angle and placement.
Making a fixture to assure proper assembly
autopro
I'm in for a set please!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.