Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold - NOS German 215mm Flywheel and Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Nie Zu Alt
Sold - $275 shipped to your door in the USA

New Old Stock 215mm Flywheel. Includes new bolts, washers, bearing, and felt. No manufacturer name on box. I've had this kicking around my garage for the past 20 years, I sold my 914, time to sell off the parts.

Thanks for looking!

Doug

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
That's a good deal! GLWTS
rjames
It would be great to measure the specs on this before it gets sold/installed as there only seems to be exact measurements documented for the 914-6 flywheel.

Good luck with the sale!
914forme
rjames this is a type-4 flywheel
914sgofast2
PM sent for purchase.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(rjames @ Sep 10 2020, 12:28 PM) *

It would be great to measure the specs on this before it gets sold/installed as there only seems to be exact measurements documented for the 914-6 flywheel.

Good luck with the sale!

Functionally the same dimensions. Clutch components for 4's and 6's are the same, at least now days they are.
rjames
QUOTE(914forme @ Sep 10 2020, 04:54 PM) *

rjames this is a type-4 flywheel

Exactly. There isn't any documentation for the type-4 flywheel that I'm aware of. The one picture with measurements that floats around is for the 6 cyl.
Nie Zu Alt
Exactly. There isn't any documentation for the type-4 flywheel that I'm aware of. The one picture with measurements that floats around is for the 6 cyl.
[/quote]

I'll get a dimensioned drawing posted in the next day or so. Happy to do so!

Doug
Nie Zu Alt
Folks,

See this thread....

Flywheel Specifications

Dimensions on this flywheel match the "New" values for dimensions "A" & "B" called out in the popular diagram shown in the above thread.

But....As mentioned in the thread, dimension "C" on the flywheel DOES NOT match the diagram. The dimension on the uncut -4 flywheel is 8mm (.314"). This looks to be the difference between the -4 and -6 flywheel.

I then tried what Captain Crusty mentioned. Would the hub of the clutch disk hit the bolt heads? No, not even close. The hub of the clutch disk easily clears the flywheel mounting bolt heads.

I'm not sure how folks want to record this info as this ad will disappear after a while. Feel free to grab my post and park it where it will do the general community some good.

Thanks!

Doug Heitkamp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.