Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Malibu Run:
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
brcacti
That looks like a wonderful route to take.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Nov 24 2020, 10:55 AM) *

Room booked. We'll see you guys at the Ayer's Hotel in Seal Beach before 7am on the 28th.
Thanks Mike

Mike-

beerchug.gif

I'll bring something special for you... our "honorary SoCal member" of the day first.gif

Oscar
mxkinn01
Thanks Oscar,
That would be great. I'll just tell my better half that will be our Black Friday shopping LOL (not sure if she'll go for it though).
914_7T3
Any other turkeys out there planning on joining on Saturday?

Click to view attachment
drem914
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Nov 26 2020, 04:11 PM) *

Any other turkeys out there planning on joining on Saturday?

Have you thought about posting on the 914World FB page?
I find a lot of people there do not know about this actual website.
Mike D.
I'm in. Going out to dust off car now!

And make a sandwich smile.gif
drem914
QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 1 2020, 05:05 PM) *

If I get back on time from Carmel, I would be in. Is there a Malibu Cars and Coffee event on Saturdays.

I think it is on Sundays.
Coondog
QUOTE(drem914 @ Nov 27 2020, 04:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 1 2020, 05:05 PM) *

If I get back on time from Carmel, I would be in. Is there a Malibu Cars and Coffee event on Saturdays.

I think it is on Sundays.

Back home from Carmel. Turkey Dinner at Clint Eastwood’s Mission Ranch Restaurant was 5 Stars.

See you all in the morning.
ValcoOscar
1st wash in months...READY beer3.gif

See ya'll in the morning

Click to view attachment
914 RZ-1
I'm planning on coming. See you all tomorrow!
drem914
Leaving in about a half hour.
914_7T3
Time to get up

Click to view attachment
sb914
Wish I could go ! Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
I'm with @sb914 - just can't swing it today - looks like a great day!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 28 2020, 06:37 AM) *

Wish I could go ! Click to view attachment

same here! enjoy and be safe guys!
MM1
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
thank you again sir Oscar for sharing some pictures!
Coondog
Click to view attachment
Coondog
Click to view attachment
mxkinn01
Great seeing everyone today. Well worth the trip from Las Vegas.

Oscar,
Thanks again for the face mask, key chain and the hat (my better half already claimed the hat for herself).
Steve
Had a great time!! Thanks for putting this together!
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Nov 28 2020, 04:28 PM) *

Great seeing everyone today. Well worth the trip from Las Vegas.

Oscar,
Thanks again for the face mask, key chain and the hat (my better half already claimed the hat for herself).

No worries...thank you first.gif

Remember, it's about the Smiles Per Gallon
smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif
Cairo94507
Thanks for posting the great pictures; looks like a great time. Really wanted to attend this drive. But I could not get an appt. to resolve my mis-fire issue until 12/2. Hopefully they get it squared away PDQ. beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
MM1
Click to view attachment
MM1
Click to view attachment
MM1
Click to view attachment
MM1
Click to view attachment
MM1
“Ol’ Primer Grey” was carvin’ it up today!

(Not quite haiku. . .)

Click to view attachment
MM1
Eleven ‘Teeners, all in a row. . .and the Grinchy Grinch smirked . . .then - down the chimney with care. . .

Click to view attachment
MM1
Let’s see if an iCloud link will work. . .

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0o9x9l3l9gz...ca_-_Ocean_Park Greg arrives!

Click to view attachment

MM1
2 true blue!

Thank you, Jeffery!

It was a great pleasure to meet you, Greg and everyone today!

Click to view attachment
MM1
Kanan and Mulholland - LeMans start. . .

Click to view attachment
MM1
Click to view attachment
MM1
Just arriving at Boney Mountain (unseen to the left).

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
thank you @MM1 for sharing various video clips!
second wind
We passed Sandstone Peak and went up from there.....3,110 foot elevation in Malibu...really?? I thought I was looking down at Santa Barbara.....never been this high in the Malibu mountains in 35 years of living in the area....just sinking in how wonderful the drive was today...3,000 plus feet is getting up there...really?? Was that Kauai way back there?
gg
MM1
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Nov 28 2020, 10:10 PM) *

thank you @MM1 for sharing various video clips!

My pleasure!
MM1
QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 28 2020, 10:44 PM) *

We passed Sandstone Peak and went up from there.....3,110 foot elevation in Malibu...really?? I thought I was looking down at Santa Barbara.....never been this high in the Malibu mountains in 35 years of living in the area....just sinking in how wonderful the drive was today...3,000 plus feet is getting up there...really?? Was that Kauai way back there?
gg

Well said, Sir.

Funny that some call them mere hills (which they are if you’re used to living around a bunch of “teeners” in Colorado - 14,000ft. mountains). . . to someone who grew up in the New Orleans delta and didn’t see a proper twisty, elevated road until he got to the Smokies, the Santa Monica mountains might as well be the hills above Monaco.

Kauai? I hear ya- isn't it amazing to see Catalina, Anacapa and Santa Cruz pop up on the horizon of the vast Pacific?

It was very special to share a couple of landmark moments with a few of you today . . . like driving Mulholland for the first time. . .

Its been 20 years here for me, yet I remember - as if it were yesterday- the first time I drove on the Mulholland, explored the Santa Monica’s, blazed down Tuna Canyon, cruised through Las Virgenes to the PCH and saw Boney Mtn. for the first time. . .Mechanical Mecca? . . .maybe, but certainly as close to Nirvana as I’ve been .
driving.gif

mxkinn01
So I get back to Vegas and unload the car and of course it runs great. No lean mis, no high idle (around 1800 - 2200 is where it was in Malibu), no coughing or sputtering or loss of power. Checked all the vacuum lines and they looked good. Auxiliary air regulator seems to be functioning (although its always hunted when cold). For good measures I'll be replacing all the vacuum lines. Might be time to fix or replace the MPS.
Anyways, it was great meeting all of you. Cant wait until next time.
Thanks Mike
FlacaProductions
That's a great day - thanks for sharing. Wish I could have been there!
914_teener
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Nov 29 2020, 04:54 PM) *

So I get back to Vegas and unload the car and of course it runs great. No lean mis, no high idle (around 1800 - 2200 is where it was in Malibu), no coughing or sputtering or loss of power. Checked all the vacuum lines and they looked good. Auxiliary air regulator seems to be functioning (although its always hunted when cold). For good measures I'll be replacing all the vacuum lines. Might be time to fix or replace the MPS.
Thanks Mike

Might want to check for a leaky decel valve if you have one or the adjustment. If it is cracked or leaky it will do this.

Assuming you are running D-jet.
second wind
"Well Doctor....it hurts when I do this. Well, don't do that. I would like a second opinion. You're ugly too!" It is hard to win win these 50 year old cars....glad to hear you are running well again....I guess after you replace everything like we all do it will all be good. Great to meet you, your car is absolutely beautiful, and it will be fun to find the culprit....it always is.
All the best until next time,
gg
mxkinn01
QUOTE(914_teener @ Nov 29 2020, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Nov 29 2020, 04:54 PM) *

Thanks Mike

Might want to check for a leaky decel valve if you have one or the adjustment. If it is cracked or leaky it will do this.

Assuming you are running D-jet.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't even think of the decel valve. I'll check it in the morning. Are there any tricks to see if its working?
Mike
Tonyooc
An absolute perfect day for a cruise. Took the top off and enjoyed a beautiful southern California day. Thanks to everyone who came out and made it so fun. Always fun to drive pch.
914 RZ-1
QUOTE(MM1 @ Nov 28 2020, 05:44 PM) *

“Ol’ Primer Grey” was carvin’ it up today!

(Not quite haiku. . .)

Click to view attachment

Here's a haiku for you:

Shiny primer gray
Yes, I painted it myself
It makes me happy

Haikus are 3 line, non-rhyming verse of 5-7-5 syllables
MM1
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.