Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Black Friday/close out muffler sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mb911
I should just clarify. I will make it right that's my personality but I watch every dime after last years extremely terrible experience of giving away $$$$$.$$.

I so do believe this can be brought back to 90-95%
Amphicar770
All,

Ben sent me PDR kit which arrived yesterday. I also picked up a similar kit at Eastwood along with some stronger TabWeld Glu sticks and slide puller to augment robo puller.

After spending several hours and dozens of pulls, including some pretty strong ones, I think it is about as good as it's going to get without going to a next level which could do more harm than good (stud welder, glowing red heat, etc). I also was able to apply about 25 psi of pressure to the inside.

I would say it is some improvement at this point. Reduced the length of the dent to about 2.25" x 1.25", it now looks much like a teaspoon (although I guess it looked similar with a sharper crease before).

Perhaps one of the metal masters here has ideas to further reduce it. Getting to it from behind is not an option.

On a plus side, I do doubt it will effect sound or performance. Likewise, it *might" not be visible once installed (I have not yet removed old muffler to try fitting). On the other hand, it's still a noticable blemish :-(

Ideas welcomed.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Thx

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.