Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The OFFICIAL Registration Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Gint
QUOTE (Toast @ Aug 31 2005, 12:27 PM)
So how many people are actually bringing a 914 to this event? huh.gif

Keep yer fingers crossed for me. I might get this teener I bought yesterday to make the trip. It's only 6.5 hours and about 360 miles one way.
Toast
QUOTE (Gint @ Sep 3 2005, 11:52 PM)
QUOTE (Toast @ Aug 31 2005, 12:27 PM)
So how many people are actually bringing a 914 to this event?   huh.gif

Keep yer fingers crossed for me. I might get this teener I bought yesterday to make the trip. It's only 6.5 hours and about 360 miles one way.

Slits did that. Bought a 914, and that same day, drove from Riverside, Ca. to Phoenix, AZ. and back! huh.gif But then again, we are talking about Slits. laugh.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Toast @ Sep 5 2005, 09:47 PM)
But then again, we are talking about Slits. laugh.gif

NO. We're not talking about Slits.
If he is not comming to the RRC - he does not count. cool.gif
brant
So officially we had said the deadline was monday.
I guess our registration is closed enough that we can get our reservations at the restaurants...

brant
BMartin914
Once we have the final numbers, somebody post or e-mail me and I will confirm with the restaurants.

Right now - chances look pretty slim that I'll be driving my 914 to Moab. I'm pretty disappointed. There's always next year right?
mad.gif
ThinAir
I'm bringing mine! For me that's the whole point - a road trip in my 914.
MoveQik
Ernie, are you driving from Flagstaff?
ThinAir
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Sep 6 2005, 10:12 PM)

Yup. I'm not exactly sure yet of when I'll be leaving, but it will be Friday morning. Caravaning with folks from Phoenix/Tucson or anyone coming in on I-40 would be great. I made the trip about 10 days ago as far as where the 191 heads north and roads are in great shape. I'm psyched to go!
MoveQik
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Sep 6 2005, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Sep 6 2005, 10:12 PM)

Yup. I'm not exactly sure yet of when I'll be leaving, but it will be Friday morning. Caravaning with folks from Phoenix/Tucson or anyone coming in on I-40 would be great. I made the trip about 10 days ago as far as where the 191 heads north and roads are in great shape. I'm psyched to go!

I'm heading to Flagstaff on Thursday night and I will be ready to go from there first thing Friday. Let's hope we can get some others together as well.

I met Mike at a BBQ down here. I look forward to meeting you as well.
MoveQik
Add one more to the list. A buddy of mine is tagging along with me. He doesn't have a 914 but the temptation of a lot of beer3.gif was too much for him to resist.
BMartin914
Sounds like good news all around. Just heard of a couple of (local) lurkers that will be joining us and I got my #3 sparkplug hole rethreaded smilie_pokal.gif and found a correct ecu to test on my car.

Who knows, with a little dtermination, this thing might be back on the road next week. Who knows. idea.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Sep 8 2005, 10:04 PM)
Who knows, with a little dtermination, this thing might be back on the road next week. Who knows. idea.gif

Keep at it! You can do it! I just got my CV problem fixed last night and got to drive it today as a birthday present to myself. Pretty good gift too!
BMartin914
I got a little (ok a lot) wrapped up in it last week and had to take some time to breathe.

Fixed one problem, tackle the other and...fingers crossed.

I'm definitely feeling better about it. biggrin.gif
Ferg
This is all great news, especially you Ben! smilie_pokal.gif
I have a couple of things myself, getting started this weekend.
Ferg.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Sep 8 2005, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Sep 8 2005, 10:04 PM)
Who knows, with a little dtermination, this thing might be back on the road next week. Who knows.    :idea:

Keep at it! You can do it! I just got my CV problem fixed last night and got to drive it today as a birthday present to myself. Pretty good gift too!

birthday.gif
brant
Happy belated Birthday!

and on that happy note.
I think registration is officially closed.
(Planners, see planning thread)

the final numbers are 27.
would be neat to see more but I'm not disappointed at all.
this is great.
I can't wait to meet everyone and put faces to all of the internet names.

Were almost there everyone!!!!!!
brant
Series9
I made my reservation via email a couple of weeks ago and realized yesterday that I never got a response.

I'm pleased to report that, as of this morning, they still have rooms available at the Archway Inn.
Toast
QUOTE (914RS @ Sep 12 2005, 10:23 AM)
I made my reservation via email a couple of weeks ago and realized yesterday that I never got a response.

I'm pleased to report that, as of this morning, they still have rooms available at the Archway Inn.

But, were ya able to get one at the Club Price? idea.gif

Look forward to partying with you again Joe!
Ferg
I have said earlier that I was planning on bringing my Mountain Bike. I have decided to make packing easier and just bring running stuff instead, so any other trail runners planning on going, give me shout if you want to find a hour or so for a "fun" off road run.
Ferg
TROJANMAN
does this mean you will be leaving on friday now?
Ferg
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Sep 12 2005, 10:46 AM)

Yes.
I still want to leave as early as possible so that we can build in some time for on the road problems. I'll start a post on the yahoo site.
Ferg
Toast
QUOTE (Ferg @ Sep 12 2005, 12:02 PM)
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Sep 12 2005, 10:46 AM)

Yes.
I still want to leave as early as possible so that we can build in some time for on the road problems. I'll start a post on the yahoo site.
Ferg

I thought that the event started Friday early afternoon? Are you going to miss part of the events on Friday?
Ferg
Nope, Moab's only 5 hours from Denver driving.gif , if you hustle that is burnout.gif
Ferg
Toast
clap.gif Lucky you!
I am leaving at 3:00 AM on Thrusday so that I can be there late thursday night. wacko.gif That should give me time to drunk.gif and get some sleep before the festivites start.

See ya there! biggrin.gif
MoveQik
Still waiting to hear from the AZ group that is going.....anyone? Anyone??
Series9
QUOTE (Toast @ Sep 12 2005, 12:53 PM)

I am leaving at 3:00 AM on Thrusday so that I can be there late thursday night. wacko.gif That should give me time to drunk.gif and get some sleep before the festivites start.

See ya there! biggrin.gif

So if I'm off on Thursday and can get Luckie to leave with me.......

party on Thursday night? unsure.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE (914RS @ Sep 12 2005, 06:41 PM)

I am leaving at 3:00 AM on Thrusday so that I can be there late thursday night.   wacko.gif   That should give me time to  :DRUNK:   and get some sleep before the festivites start.  

See ya there!  :D

Don't go out too hard on Thursday! I'm looking forward to runnin hard with all you folks on Friday night! beer3.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif
Series9
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Sep 12 2005, 07:47 PM)

I am leaving at 3:00 AM on Thrusday so that I can be there late thursday night.   wacko.gif   That should give me time to  :DRUNK:   and get some sleep before the festivites start.  

Don't go out too hard on Thursday! I'm looking forward to runnin hard with all you folks on Friday night! beer3.gif beerchug.gif drunk.gif

Don't worry. We're professionals. cool.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE (914RS @ Sep 12 2005, 06:49 PM)

Don't worry. We're professionals. cool.gif

I knew I was in good company!
VegasRacer
clap.gif   Lucky you!

The way I see it - I am the lucky one. smilie_pokal.gif
It is gonna be just me and not one but two 914 Club cuties all day on Thursday going the twisty way through the mountains and several National Parks on our way to Moab.
Toast

Joe Sharp's party bus will be there on Thursday night.

And we all know what That means! happy11.gif

drunk.gif smoke.gif
Toast
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Sep 13 2005, 02:31 AM)
clap.gif   Lucky you!

The way I see it - I am the lucky one. smilie_pokal.gif
It is gonna be just me and not one but two 914 Club cuties all day on Thursday going the twisty way through the mountains and several National Parks on our way to Moab.

Damn Right!

cool_shades.gif driving-girl.gif drooley.gif driving-girl.gif w00t.gif
TROJANMAN
just wanted to make this green again on my screen biggrin.gif
BMartin914
I'll make it green again!!!

My car runs! It will be coming to Moab!!!

I am so excited, had almost come to the realization that it wasn't gonna happen. Then it started!

Damn FI relay... dry.gif

See everyone in Utah. smilie_pokal.gif
Toast
Wooo Hooo! beer.gif

Now,

WHO IS BRINGING THEIR BATHING SUITS?

I dont want to be the only one in the hot tub like I was at WCC. dry.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Toast @ Sep 14 2005, 11:52 AM)
I dont want to be the only one in the hot tub like I was at WCC.   dry.gif

Should I get in the Hot Tub? Will it make me sweat?
Should I get in the Hot Tub? Will it make me wet?
Toast
I have no comment. ph34r.gif
effutuo101
lemme guess. Eddie Murphy doing James Brown? Too hot, in the hot tub? screwy.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Sep 14 2005, 11:25 AM)
My car runs! It will be coming to Moab!!! See everyone in Utah.

Cool! Michael Wills & I are meeting up at my house at 4 a.m. on Thursday to caravan up.

I'll bring my swimming suit along so that Toast won't be lonely in the hot tub.

It's a good thing it's still a week away so I've got time to get ready, but I'm so psyched about it that I can hardly wait!

driving.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Sep 14 2005, 10:09 PM)

It's a good thing it's still a week away so I've got time to get ready, but I'm so psyched about it that I can hardly wait!

driving.gif

agree.gif
VegasRacer
Guess what was in the box that UPS just delivered to me? smile.gif
Toast
w00t.gif

rocking nana.gif

Damn, I'm excited! monkeydance.gif Hope I can get some sleep this week!
Gint
Well... my hopes of driving the "new" 914 to RRC have been dashed. I was considering driving it even with the growling rear wheel bearing, but it does sound like that bearing is on the same side as...

...the swiss cheese suspension console that I found today whilst doing a valve adjustment.

At least this week won't be such a time crunch now. And if it's hot in Moab and you guys are all sweaty... I'll be in air conditioned comfort.
ThinAir
QUOTE (Gint @ Sep 18 2005, 07:48 PM)
Well... my hopes of driving the "new" 914 to RRC have been dashed.

I had a similar brush with things this weekend - brake fluid running out of the master cylinder area onto the ground. It turns out that it was one of the grommets for the reservoir tubes. PP will have parts here by Wednesday so I'll be in good shape.

It's not what you drive that counts, it's that you are there so we can see your smiling face! Of course this will be twice now that I've seen you at a 914 event and you've been driving something besides a 914 - I'm beginning to suspect that it's only a rumor that you own one! laugh.gif
MoveQik
weather.com calls for a chance for thunderstorms for Saturday & Sunday. Let's hope it comes and goes quickly!
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Sep 18 2005, 10:10 PM)

I'm beginning to suspect that it's only a rumor that you own one!  :lol:

2 actually

wish i had time to do my own valve adjustment. i am taking it in tomorrow. mechanic says i should have it back by thursday night. New rotors are going on today.
Gint
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Sep 19 2005, 09:39 AM)

I'm beginning to suspect that it's only a rumor that you own one!  :lol:

2 actually

wish i had time to do my own valve adjustment. i am taking it in tomorrow. mechanic says i should have it back by thursday night. New rotors are going on today.

I guess that technically it's really one and enough parts to build one and a half. But that's not much different than half of the 914world.com population.
BMartin914
It's not what you drive that counts, it's that you are there so we can see your smiling face!

agree.gif

Mine won't start again. It's back to the good 'ol TDI Jetta for me. But I'll still be there!
TROJANMAN
mine is in jeopardy of not going also. I need some Lugnuts for my Fuchs. The guy changing my rotors told me that the the Ebay specials i bought, are what casued the threads to get stripped. FUCH! mad.gif
i needed to be able to pick up the car from him tonight so that i could drop it off at Pat's tomorrow morning for the valve adjustment. unsure.gif
brant
Greg,

hit up the colorado group.
even if they don't give you or sell you a set, someone will surely let you borrow a set

unfortunately I don't have any for you
but maybe rex?
and I know peter has a set of lug nuts he got from Scott.

so someone can loan you some.
other option would be to borrow non mag wheels and use short lugs with thinner rims?

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.