Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The OFFICIAL Registration Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Flat VW
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jul 26 2005, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jul 26 2005, 09:51 AM)
valid payapl receipt required for redemption.  not available to employees of the RRC, or their family members.  one six pack per vehicle.  ;)  

read the fine print. you're considered an employee.

That is EXACTLY why you should buy him a six-pack, tightass. w00t.gif beerchug.gif

John
BMartin914
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Jul 26 2005, 03:18 PM)
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jul 26 2005, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jul 26 2005, 09:51 AM)
valid payapl receipt required for redemption.  not available to employees of the RRC, or their family members.  one six pack per vehicle.  ;)  

read the fine print. you're considered an employee.

That is EXACTLY why you should buy him a six-pack, tightass. w00t.gif beerchug.gif

John

agree.gif lol2.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jul 26 2005, 05:39 PM)
besides, i don't even think he is 21. flipa.gif

finger.gif slap.gif
BMartin914
Registered.
brant
updated the list at the bottome of page one.
brant
Flat VW
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jul 26 2005, 05:39 PM)
tight ass?  i don't see anyone else opening up their wallets to buy beers for new registrants. idea.gif

besides, i don't even think he is 21. flipa.gif

Soda pop comes in 6-packs too. mueba.gif

J
BMartin914
So we have 13 entrants. How many total do we have fo a total count? How close are we to 40 entrants?
VegasRacer
Those 13 registrations represent a total of 24 people, including frineds and family, who will be at the Red Rocks Classic. There is still plenty of room for more. Keep those cards and letters comming in.
Allan
This may have already been asked but I'm too lazy to read the whole thread. It's $70.00 per person so if I bring my wife and daughter it will be $210.00?
BMartin914
Yes. $70.00 per person. But that includes 2 complete dinners (no alcohol included) and lunch on Saturday. Plus your registration packet. So in all actuality it is a steal.

So please come, and bring the wife and daughter. chowtime.gif
Allan
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jul 27 2005, 10:26 AM)
how old is your daughter? i may be able to pay her to babysit if i take my little girl.

She's only 10. I'm talking to the wife about it now. What kind of amenities and/or activities will there be for spouses/kids????

REAL IMPORTANT. I can't talk her into going if I tell her that she and my daughter will be sitting around for 2 days waiting on me to finish having fun. wink.gif
TROJANMAN
CHECK OUT THIS LINK for area info. there is A LOT to see and do.
Allan
Is there any way to get an idea on how many spouses and kids will be there. I think it would beneficial to all if something could be put together for them. Even something as simple as having all the kids and spouses meet at a certain time just to get to know each other. My daughter is usually cool as long as she has someone to hang out with. The wife is pretty much the same way.
Ferg
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jul 27 2005, 09:41 AM)
Is there any way to get an idea on how many spouses and kids will be there. I think it would beneficial to all if something could be put together for them. Even something as simple as having all the kids and spouses meet at a certain time just to get to know each other. My daughter is usually cool as long as she has someone to hang out with. The wife is pretty much the same way.

I'm in the same boat as you, wife is on the fence about going... we have a 8 month old, so some outdoor activities will be limited for her. (no long hikes, bike rides ect)

She "may" come but right now it does not look good. sad.gif

Ferg
BMartin914
My girlfriend is coming, but will be riding with me on all of the drives. We do have the hike going on on Saturday which can/will be a family event.

I realize that you may run into problems only having 2 seats, but the scenery is awesome even if you're not in a teener.
VegasRacer
I just got a call from the Aarchway Inn. They were checking to confirm that our group was comming. They said only 3 of us have reserved a room so far: ThinAir, BMartin and VegasRacer.

When you call to book your room be sure to tell them you are with The Porsche Club. That is the only way we will get all of our rooms together and you will get the discount rate. If you have reserved a room it would be a good idea to call them back and tell them you are with our Club so you are on the right list.

You MUST call before August 25th to be sure you will get a room.
After that you are on your own.
MoveQik
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jul 27 2005, 12:09 PM)
I just got a call from the Aarchway Inn. They were checking to confirm that our group was comming. They said only 3 of us have reserved a room so far: ThinAir, BMartin and VegasRacer.

When you call to book your room be sure to tell them you are with The Porsche Club. That is the only way we will get all of our rooms together and you will get the discount rate. If you have reserved a room it would be a good idea to call them back and tell them you are with our Club so you are on the right list.

You MUST call before August 25th to be sure you will get a room.
After that you are on your own.

Liars! I had my room booked two weeks ago. I'll call them to make sure.
MoveQik
Alright, I checked and I am good to go. They didn't have me as part of the Porsche group. That might be a good thing....no "guilt by association"!

What is this hike all about? How long? Easy? Difficult? Should I bring my climbing gear? Flare gun? Or should I just bring my usual six-pack and call it good? confused24.gif
Toast
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jul 26 2005, 10:51 AM)
I am personally donating a 6-pack to anyone who registers and pays between now and 08/01. beerchug.gif

valid payapl receipt required for redemption. not available to employees of the RRC, or their family members. one six pack per vehicle. wink.gif

I get a six-pac. I get a six-pac. tongue.gif
It better not be that crappy Utah beer! icon8.gif wink.gif

And all of us So. Cal.'s are bringing our own cars! driving-girl.gif driving.gif
Toast
Why am I not on the "Registered" list? sad.gif
Linda Registered me.

confused24.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Toast @ Jul 27 2005, 02:24 PM)
Why am I not on the "Registered" list? sad.gif
Linda Registered me.

confused24.gif

You and Linda may well have a room reserved at The Aarchway Inn. You are just not on the list as being part of The Porsche Club. Call them back.

Everyone needs to be sure to tell the hotel that you are part of The Porsche Club.
echocanyons
It better not be that crappy Utah beer!

I think that Utah has some of the best microbrewery's in the country.

Squatters, wasatch, and many others have great suds beer.gif

I really dont mind the difference in etoh per vol either
StratPlayer
Moab has a microbrewery in the middle of town, as I recall the beer is excellent. I always get my beer in Evanston, Wyo. Little Kings Cream Ale,,, hmmmmm Ice COLD.
My wife is looking forward to going.
ThinAir
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jul 27 2005, 01:09 PM)

I'm glad to know I'm really in. Since they didn't offer a confirmation number I was thinking I should call them back to make sure it was a real reservation.
BMartin914
QUOTE (StratPlayer @ Jul 27 2005, 04:37 PM)
Moab has a microbrewery in the middle of town, as I recall the beer is excellent.

If that microbrewery is The Moab Brewery, that is where Saturday night dinner and the awards banquet will be held...so come on all you beer drinkers! beerchug.gif
SLITS
To Moab from:

Costa Mesa.....735.4 miles
Phoenix...........461.0
Denver.............355.8
San Francisco...968** (thru Salt Lake)
Bakertucky.......741.3
Albuquerque?...386.8
Marlyand...........2056.9
Savannah..........2014.7
Dallas.................1133.4
Gig Harbor..........1095.3
San Diego...........793.7
Tirkit, Iraq...........no mileage given..ferrys and other modes not up to date
MoveQik
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Jul 28 2005, 08:38 AM)
how far is moab from p-hoenix?
i may have to take the week off so i can watch my trojans beat up on ASU.

Thems fightin' words! ar15.gif

I know you are favored but how about a friendly wager? Perhaps the loser buys a 914 hat or shirt or something similar for the winner? beerchug.gif

Mapquest says it is about 7+ hours from Moab to here, by the way.
SLITS
What a fight....a condum beating up a heat shriveled weenie
Allan
Well I'm out. sad.gif

Wife can't get away that weekend.

You guys wanna have it here??? laugh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jul 28 2005, 10:56 AM)
Well I'm out. sad.gif

Wife can't get away that weekend.

You guys wanna have it here??? laugh.gif

Frying pan into the fire concept heh?
Toast
Ok, I had Linda Horne send my registration dues to Brant with hers and Joe Sharp's. Linda and Joe's name are now on the "registered" list, but mine is not. sad.gif Was there a problem? confused24.gif

Also, Tiffany at the Archway Inn said that our room was INDEED CONFIRMED under "the porsche club". So I'm thinking that someone at the Inn is not imputing the Porsche reservations correctly. rolleyes.gif
brant
QUOTE (Toast @ Jul 28 2005, 03:56 PM)
Ok, I had Linda Horne send my registration dues to Brant with hers and Joe Sharp's. Linda and Joe's name are now on the "registered" list, but mine is not. sad.gif Was there a problem? confused24.gif

Also, Tiffany at the Archway Inn said that our room was INDEED CONFIRMED under "the porsche club". So I'm thinking that someone at the Inn is not imputing the Porsche reservations correctly. rolleyes.gif

Toast...
your in..
I just am struggling with the confusion between screen names and real names.

I think Linda's registration indicated 3 people, but didn't name who those 3 were

brant
brant
Update:

so its nearly august people.
sure would love to add a few more names to the list.

the entry fee is really all going to food, so if you want to bring a child (12 and under) and buy their child's meal seperate you won't have to pay the entry fee for them

brant
AZ914
...up a heat shriveled weenie

God I hate Sparky...

Go Cats!

SharonG
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jul 28 2005, 11:40 AM)
To Moab from:

Costa Mesa.....735.4 miles
Phoenix...........461.0
Denver.............355.8
San Francisco...968** (thru Salt Lake)
Bakertucky.......741.3
Albuquerque?...386.8
Marlyand...........2056.9
Savannah..........2014.7
Dallas.................1133.4
Gig Harbor..........1095.3
San Diego...........793.7

According to Google World, it's 7104.35 from Tikrit to Moab, although the path was up through the north pole so that may be off a bit...
Gint
QUOTE (SharonG @ Jul 29 2005, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Jul 28 2005, 11:40 AM)
To Moab from:

According to Google World, it's 7104.35 from Tikrit to Moab, although the path was up through the north pole so that may be off a bit...

Shouldn't you be workin to support my 914 habit?

OK Brant, I finally got Shar to commit, so I'll register and Paypal tonight or tomorrow in time to get my free six pack from Greg. beer3.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE (AZ914 @ Jul 29 2005, 12:45 PM)
God I hate Sparky...

Go Cats!

The feeling is mutual! biggrin.gif

My wife is Arizona alum....I married her anyways. Thanksgiving is never very friendly at our house with the big game and all. Yack.gif

I have to hope ASU wins that one since I know basketball season is right around the corner. I pretty much keep my trap shut then. mad.gif
TravisNeff
If I get my car road going again, I'll then sign up. Otherwise I have some ride along options and may make it out regardless.
brant
Linda,

I can't get into my spreadsheet right now.. where I have your direct email addy.
so I wanted to let you know that your check arrived for all 3

thanks
brant
echocanyons
icon_bump.gif

Eric Shea are you coming?
Gint
QUOTE (echocanyons @ Jul 31 2005, 12:15 AM)
icon_bump.gif

Eric Shea are you coming?

Eric will be there if I have to drive up to Salt Lake and drag him down there...
Gint
Hey! Registered for Sharon and myself, Paypal sent to Brant, waiting on a call back from Clara at Archway Inn. Just in time for that free six pack!
ThinAir
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
echocanyons
icon_bump.gif
Ferg
I plan on getting there thursday before noon, and doing a Mtn Bike ride. Anyone else going to be around that early?

Ferg.
VegasRacer
Thursday noon I figure I should be done with Zion, passing thur Bryce Canyon, and on my way to Capitol Reef.

I'll see you at dinner time and we can compare notes from the days fun.
echocanyons
icon_bump.gif

user posted image
MoveQik
icon_bump.gif
ThinAir
Cool. I heard today that my registration check made it so I'm officially in.

So why aren't you coming? There's still time! driving.gif
MoveQik
I was going to head out of Phoenix early Friday morning but now I'm thinking I may head up to Flag Thursday night. Then head out of there early Friday.

Thinair - When are you leaving?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.