Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rocks Classic 2021
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
SharonG
T-shirts link!!!
Men’s and women’s shirts! And multiple colors!!!
Order before Aug 28, 2021
Nice job @RonD
SharonG
I added an attendee list to Post #1 of this thread. Please send corrections. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
StratPlayer
Sharon I have a friend that will be joining us. Name is John Airsman
SharonG
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 14 2021, 04:10 PM) *

Sharon I have a friend that will be joining us. Name is John Airsman

Awesome! Is De coming?
StratPlayer
De and my family will be camping at the slickrock campground in moab that same weekend, she might make an apperance.
MoveQik
Glad I double checked...I didn't have my room booked yet. All taken care of now! We won't roll in until Friday. See you soon! driving.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
76-914
QUOTE(FL 000 @ Aug 8 2021, 11:40 AM) *

Room is booked, car is running, and just a few minor (hopefully) projects to get ready.

@vegasracer - will probably join the caravan up on the 8th/9th.

Josh

Josh, want to drive up to Mesquite on the 8th with me?
VegasRacer
Just in time, SiriusXM sent me another 3-Month Free Trial. piratenanner.gif
Now I can leave the CD's and MP3's at home and Boo-Ga-Loo to some fresh tuneage. tunez.gif rock_band.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skbB6EH3h64
SharonG
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 16 2021, 01:51 PM) *

Glad I double checked...I didn't have my room booked yet. All taken care of now! We won't roll in until Friday. See you soon! driving.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif

beerchug.gif
And folks, the motel room block will be removed Sept 2, so make your reservations by Sept 1.
SharonG
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 17 2021, 10:58 AM) *

Now I can leave the CD's and MP3's at home and Boo-Ga-Loo to some fresh tuneage. tunez.gif rock_band.gif

That's just darn lucky, JP. biggrin.gif
FL000
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 16 2021, 04:23 PM) *

Room is booked, car is running, and just a few minor (hopefully) projects to get ready.

Josh

Kent, that is the plan for now, but I need to start getting some miles on the car soon to build confidence given all the changes I have made recently. If that doesn’t happen will probably trailer it up just to be safe.
76-914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Aug 17 2021, 09:58 AM) *

Here is little trick I use for SiriusXM. After the first year they automatically re-enrolled me for some absurd amount. $300 IIRC. It was part of the agreement I agreed to when I signed up. I should have read the small print. Regardless, I asked what day my contract was up and when I needed to cancel to avoid getting into another high cost year with them. This year that date is Oct 5th. Anyway, for the past 4-5 years I call a few days ahead of time and they always ask if I want to renew. I ask "How much" then decline saying, "Nah, it's my wife's car and she doesn't use it that much". Every time they come back with one of those promotion fee specials for about $80 a year. Then I give in and say "sure, why not". shades.gif
76-914
QUOTE(FL 000 @ Aug 17 2021, 11:41 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 16 2021, 04:23 PM) *

Josh

Kent, that is the plan for now, but I need to start getting some miles on the car soon to build confidence given all the changes I have made recently. If that doesn’t happen will probably trailer it up just to be safe.

Be sure to put 3 hours non-stop driving on it. Also, any short stop 'n goes between now and then. If it passes that test I'd say your good to go. beerchug.gif
914_teener
Ok...kinda bummed out.

I was planning on this but thought I could combine two things in Moab this September.

My wife has a new Bronco on order....we think still...and the "Off Roadeo" is in Moab but we won't be there until the 15th. So....have fun ya'll unless any are staying through that week.

I had to break down since she goes to my P car events. Happy wife... happy life. With that said we are taking the F car and not the P car.
76-914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 14 2021, 10:44 AM) *

I added an attendee list to Post #1 of this thread. Please send corrections. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

You left me off the list Sharon. Can't blame you for trying though. av-943.gif
76-914

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx8Qt0e4hnM
SharonG
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 17 2021, 04:14 PM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 14 2021, 10:44 AM) *

You left me off the list Sharon. Can't blame you for trying though. av-943.gif

Oops. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
SharonG
icon_bump.gif
JamesM
My attendance is up in the air at the moment.

Been sort of a rough year.

Among other things was told yesterday both my ACLs need to be replaced so still figuring that out.
76-914
QUOTE(JamesM @ Aug 25 2021, 08:51 AM) *

Among other things was told yesterday both my ACLs need to be replaced so still figuring that out.

It sounds as tho you've been hanging with @Chris914n6 lol-2.gif Make it if you can James. beerchug.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 25 2021, 02:32 PM) *

It sounds as tho you've been hanging with @Chris914n6 lol-2.gif Make it if you can James. beerchug.gif

@76-914 will carry you piggyback if you need help @jamesm biggrin.gif
Seriously though I’m sorry you have to deal with that James.
mgp4591
James, how in the hell did you do that? You one of them extreme sports guys??
Seriously though, I'm driving down early on Friday morning and would be happy to have a passenger if you need a ride.
JRust
My plan is to drive to SLC thursday. Then head out Friday morning. You SLC guys have a caravan going down or what?
mgp4591
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 25 2021, 09:20 PM) *

My plan is to drive to SLC thursday. Then head out Friday morning. You SLC guys have a caravan going down or what?

I'm guessing they're heading out on Thursday. I'm leaving around 4am on Friday morning so I have time for breakfast there and grab a ride for the Friday morning drive. 9:14am if I'm correct.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 17 2021, 10:00 AM) *

That's just darn lucky, JP. biggrin.gif

My good fortune continues. smile.gif

The replacement Radar Detector that had been back-ordered since Route 66 was finally delivered.
AND
Michelin sent me a gift card for buying a set of Pilot Sport 4 S tires. driving.gif
NARP74
QUOTE(JamesM @ Aug 25 2021, 09:51 AM) *

Sorry to hear that news JM. Good luck with the recovery process.
76-914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 25 2021, 06:52 PM) *

Normally I would do that but I've been sitting in my recliner for 7 days with a heating pad on my back. So no lifting or bending at the waist for a few more weeks. slits.gif
StratPlayer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 26 2021, 11:27 AM) *

Normally I would do that but I've been sitting in my recliner for 7 days with a heating pad on my back. So no lifting or bending at the waist for a few more weeks. slits.gif

Getting old are ya? av-943.gif
76-914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 26 2021, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 26 2021, 11:27 AM) *

Getting old are ya? av-943.gif

Getting? I thought I was already there. confused24.gif
Chris914n6
I won't be attending this one.

But I do dig the shirt so I bought one biggrin.gif Hopefully the graphics will be printed straight this time around poke.gif

Will need the shirt delivered to Vegas. Preferably by a John Malkovich look-a-like aktion035.gif @VegasRacer
JamesM
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 25 2021, 07:03 PM) *

James, how in the hell did you do that? You one of them extreme sports guys??
Seriously though, I'm driving down early on Friday morning and would be happy to have a passenger if you need a ride.

More extreme stupidity than extreme sport. Down in Zion, came off an ebike after a bump i didn't see and didn't stick the landing. Well technically I landed perfectly on my feet but the knees were not up for it and both popped almost simultaneously. I should have extended my "no 2 wheel motorized vehicle" rule to include E-bikes, sure seemed like a handy thing to have while camping though.

At the moment I can drive and get around ok but the Dr wants to do the left side first and is saying the sooner the better so if I move forward now using a clutch is out for me for the foreseeable future.

If knees were the only issue it probably wouldn't be to hard to sort out a solution but the family picked up some sort of bug a couple weeks ago. I didn't think much of it at the time as the major symptoms passed quickly, but I turned out being the "lucky" one and seem to have some ongoing issues as a result of that.

So far no answers from the doctors, just theories, and the theories they have dont have solutions other than "wait and see". So, with so many unknowns its hard to plan even 2-3 weeks out.

Think my biggest reservation at this point is if I have some issue with the car in the middle of nowhere, do I really want to have to deal with that AND the other things I am already dealing with? Normally car issues in the middle of nowhere are part of the fun for me, but everything else is just sort of sucking the life out of me at the moment unfortunately and "fun" just sounds exhausting.

Looking to get some 2nd opinions here in the next week. I may still make it, I just don't know. Its Just been a rough couple of months.

Moab is close though...
SharonG
@jamesm that’s not good. Come anyway and ride shotgun with someone?
mgp4591
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 26 2021, 08:45 PM) *

@jamesm that’s not good. Come anyway and ride shotgun with someone?

James, I'll be more than happy to drive one of your cars and you can ride shotgun!! driving.gif biggrin.gif
RonD
Just a reminder that T-shirt orders close tomorrow. Order now.
Thanks!
FL000
@SharonG my wife Adelita will be joining me if you are trying to keep the attendance list accurate.

Cheers,
Josh
SharonG
QUOTE(FL000 @ Aug 28 2021, 03:02 PM) *

@SharonG my wife Adelita will be joining me if you are trying to keep the attendance list accurate.

Cheers,
Josh

Thanks Josh!
SharonG
10 DAYS!!!
Tomorrow is the last day to make hotel reservations with the group.
Gulf91474
Hey, FYI

I have a room reserved under my name for Red Rocks this year if someone wants it.

O shades.gif therwise I'll cancel it in a couple days.....
JamesM
QUOTE(Gulf91474 @ Sep 1 2021, 01:34 PM) *

Hey, FYI

I have a room reserved under my name for Red Rocks this year if someone wants it.

You out or just double booked?
siverson
I've never been to this 914 event and would love to make it some year... Maybe next year...
Gulf91474
QUOTE(JamesM @ Sep 2 2021, 09:02 AM) *

QUOTE(Gulf91474 @ Sep 1 2021, 01:34 PM) *

Hey, FYI

You out or just double booked?

got a Air b&b...

brant
QUOTE(siverson @ Sep 2 2021, 11:32 AM) *

I've never been to this 914 event and would love to make it some year... Maybe next year...

would love to have you come out
brant
Madswede

Highway Star is tied as my favorite Deep Purple song (I can't choose) and maybe my favorite driving song ever. w00t.gif aktion035.gif

I do miss the people that go to these crazy events in the Rocky Mountains that I call home. Hello to you all! Have fun like a friggin BOSS and don't do anything I wouldn't have done and got away with.

- Jon
mgp4591
QUOTE(Madswede @ Sep 2 2021, 06:36 PM) *

Highway Star is tied as my favorite Deep Purple song (I can't choose) and maybe my favorite driving song ever. w00t.gif aktion035.gif

I do miss the people that go to these crazy events in the Rocky Mountains that I call home. Hello to you all! Have fun like a friggin BOSS and don't do anything I wouldn't have done and got away with.

- Jon

So bust a move and come on up!!
VegasRacer
I couldn't wait. popcorn[1].gif
Had to make a dry run to Redstone today.

Click to view attachment

Look. It has an Arch and everything.

Click to view attachment

All I am missing now are my friends. grouphug.gif See y'all next week.
SharonG
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 4 2021, 02:54 PM) *

I couldn't wait. popcorn[1].gif
Had to make a dry run to Redstone today. It has an Arch and everything. All I am missing now are my friends. grouphug.gif See y'all next week.

drunk.gif See you soon JP!
JRust
I can't wait. To much stress lately. Perfect getaway from it all
StratPlayer
Free beer at the gathering spot..... beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
76-914
poke.gif Hey Gint, I assume you're going to set up a "Live Event Uploader" again.
76-914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 5 2021, 06:01 PM) *

Free beer at the gathering spot..... beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif

Hey Jimmy, can't wait to see you again ol' friend. Been a few years. I want a ride in your rejuvenated 914. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.