Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine bay seals Production run?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Hammy
If these will be ready in the next month or so, I'd be in for a set.
But what's the status? confused24.gif
Grimstead
i'm thinking that by the lack of a responce, this is a dead issue. sad.gif
bottomend
Engine is out and I'm rebuilding it. good time for new seals... is this still happening?
IronHillRestorations
I'm thinking that he's found out a extrusion die is going to cost him between $1500-$3000! So, for 50 sets it's going to cost an average of $50 each just for the tooling. Just a guess, but I've got some extrusion die purchasing experience wink.gif
VaccaRabite
I am in for a set.

Zach
tdgray
Three letters gents.... GPR - $80.00 set. Can't beat that with a stick.
Mikey914
Well it's not dead yet. I finnally got the bugs worked out. I looked at several vendors and when it came time to cut dies prices went up, or there was some other issue. After looking at high temp silicone, and several other materials. Original rubber is the best for abrasion resistance, resistance to oil&gas, and cost.

The die costs are steep enough that I only want to cut one at a time. It makes sense to cut the die for the front and sides first. Pricing will be about the same.

I can to one left, one right and the front for $40 + $8.10 flat rate priority mail for all 3.

Before there was enough interest, If there is about the same amount of interest I will cut the first die.

Time frame is 2 weeks for the die, production run about 2 more weeks. Payment will be when they are ready to ship.

Who's still in?
John
I would focus on the rear seal since that is the one NLA.

Pelican has the two sides and front for $44.25
markb
QUOTE (JOHNMAN @ Feb 20 2006, 09:56 PM)
I would focus on the rear seal since that is the one NLA.

agree.gif
Mikey914
Maybe the upper rear is the way to go. I couldn't find the listing for the seals you referenced at Pelican. I started this project as I was frustrated at having to buy short seals and wasn't able to find the front one. I'm sure that at the very least some other member will benifit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.